276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wall Reading Light Stick on Bunk Bed Lamp Dimmable Touch Lights Magnetic Mounted Under Cabinet Lighting Rechargeable Battery Operated Wireless LED Closet Kitchen Portable Bar for Vanity Makeup Mirror

£16.8£33.60Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For the purpose of keeping this Instructable straightforward, I'm going to continue assuming that your LED strip length is designed to draw less than 2.5 Amps. I realize 3-way switching on a shelf is a fairly specific desire, but 3-way switches are cool. And this is a great time to explain them! Storage & organisation Furniture Textiles Kitchenware & tableware Kitchens Lighting Decoration Rugs, mats & flooring Beds & mattresses Baby & children Smart home Bathroom products Laundry & cleaning Plants & plant pots Home electronics Home improvement Outdoor living Food & beverages Christmas Shop Shop by room So, with this setup you CAN (dangerously) draw more than 2.5A, and risk damaging the components or burning your house down. If you want to run more than 2.5A of LEDs safely, you can get a bigger power supply (say 12V @ 5A) and plug in more LEDs. I'd advise against running right near max, but assuming you're not insulating your supply or spoofer with a snuggie, you can increase your LED count up to the point that it draws the max listed amperage. Get your 3-way switches. Take a look at the CENTER pins and say to them "Why I'm gonna connect you..."

We've got the bunky lights. Bit of a pita to attach - and they don't attach easily to the bed we've got (Parisot Tam Tam) because none of the bits of wood are narrow enough to use the main fixings (the straps) so we had to use the fixing that you screw in which damages the bed a bit. Small point but a bit annoying. But they do seem safe (cool to touch)

Be the First to Share

Loft and bunk beds are often ideal solutions to various design issues people face when trying to maximize their space and make the most of a small room, studio apartment, vacation rental, or a shared living area like a hostel or dorm.

Fortunately, there are many creative solutions to this problem. For your convenience, we’ve curated our eight favorite lighting ideas for loft and bunk beds below. String or Rope Lights Under the Top Bunk A more permanent lighting solution to a room that is going to be home to a bunk or loft bed for many years to come is to install mounted wall lights or sconces next to each sleeping platform. This offers two primary benefits over the options we’ve already mentioned. The first (and more practical) purpose is to provide an individual light source for every sleeping platform (meaning it’s probably more worthwhile for bunk beds, especially in a room with quality overhead lighting). The other reason is these lights will give your room a more mature and sophisticated design aesthetic, so if your goal is to impress the folks who will be sleeping there (say in a vacation rental), this might be a worthwhile investment in the overall style of your space. Of course, one must consider that installing these lights in a room that doesn’t already have them will require re-wiring and the expertise of a professional electrician. If you’re happy with how well the light coming from the ceiling fixture in your room is able to illuminate the space, but you’re concerned about having to get in and out of your loft bed to turn it off when it’s time to sleep, consider replacing your existing lighting fixture with one that has a remote controller, so that you can turn it on and off from the comfort of your bed. There are even “smart” LED light fixtures that allow you to use your phone to operate the light.And for Tanty: I bought the Parisot Tam Tam for DD 5 and DS 2.5. It's great. I think it looks really good and sturdy (not particularly veneery although of course it is). I wouldn't say it looks cheap. It's not all woody and traditional looking like the ones in Aspace but it's not meant to look like that iyswim. I don't think it looks cheaper - it just looks different. I do have some criticisms which are At the end of the day, the purpose of your loft or bunk bed is to help you find the best ways to use the space you’ve got and unleash your creative design potential. No matter what lighting solution you end up with, it should be the one that not only fits your lifestyle, but also enhances your space and brightens your day, literally and figuratively. Suggested for You The Power Supply I recommended is a 30W power supply andclaims it safely supports 12V @ 2.5A. 2.5 Amps is therefore the most current we can draw without prompting unfortunate events. This option obviously depends on the layout of your room and the quality of the natural light coming through your window(s) - as well as maybe your lifestyle and how late into the evening you require a light source - but if you have the option to let the sun shine in and satisfy your iillumination needs for most of the day, it’s definitely worth making it work. Natural sunlight not only provides many health benefits, but it will also save you money and is better for the environment in the long-run. the underside of the top bunk is not painted which bugs me although DS2.5 who is the only one who can see the raw chipboard obviously is entirely oblivious to this and

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment