276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Pilgrimage: A Contemporary Quest for Ancient Wisdom

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sometimes theres a sign that something really great is about to happen. You’re about to grow and learn a lot more about yourself. I preface my review by saying I am amazed how wildly passionate people are in their feelings toward this novel ~~ regardless of whether they love or hate The Alchemist. I’m one of those people who love it. But, I understand why people are so passionate in their dislike of this work. Paul Coelho looks to inspire passion in people with The Alchemist. And he succeeds in doing so ~~ especially in those who are so passionate in their dislike of this book. I failed to keep up with most of the heretical concepts and Paulo didn't introduce them well so the novel lost a whole star His first stop during the pilgrimage is Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port where he is given a cape and a hat with scallop shells (a dress code for pilgrims to Santiago de Compostela). He then meets his guide Petrus, who accompanies him through the pilgrimage across a sacred path illuminated by the light of the Milky Way Galaxy. As they travel through the desert, Coelho learns valuable life lessons. He learns to tap into his intuition, to love unconditionally, and to enjoy the journey without worrying about the destination. The guide also teaches Coelho several ‘exercises’ which Coelho intensely practices as his journey progresses. With each exercise, Coelho undergoes an inner transformation—he learns to dream, fight the demons within, accept his imperfections, and even overcome fear. I think a big reason why I enjoyed this book was through my own personal experience, so I could see why it wouldn’t appeal to everyone. However, I would recommend it to those who have taken on a trip for a personal reason to grow and to change. Travel can cause us to question everything about ourselves, which is what Coelho really captures here and in many of this other works.

The Pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho - Soulveda The Pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho - Soulveda

Coelho's message--and, boy, is this a book with a message--is that each of us has his own Personal Legend, and that if we recognize that legend and pursue it sincerely, everything in the Universe (which is after all made up--wind, stone, trees--of the same stuff we are) will conspire to help us achieve it. Corollaries: 1) people who don't recognize their legends are never happy, 2) people who fail to realize their legends are afraid, and 3) people who refuse to pursue their legends, even when they know what they are, are both unhappy and afraid. (I admit I've left out a nuance or two here and there, but not many. There aren't more than three or four nuances in the book.) If the statements in quotes above ('personal legend', etc) fascinate you, then you'll enjoy this book. If you think they are hokey and silly, then you'll think this is a terrible book. If you think statements such as "When you want something, all the universe conspires you to achieve it" and "All things are one" are moving and life-changing, you'll love this book. If such statements have you rolling your eyes, then this isn't your cup of tea. Coelho was born on August 24, 1947, in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Coelho attended Jesuit schools and was raised by devout Catholic parents. He determined early on that he wanted to be a writer but was discouraged by his parents, who saw no future in that profession in Brazil. Coelho's rebellious adolescence spurred his parents to commit him to a mental asylum three times, starting when he was 17. "I have forgiven," Coelho said. "It happens with love, all the time - when you have this love towards someone else, but you want this person to change, to be like you. And then love can be very destructive."Whenever I felt lost, depressed, sad, numb, conflicted, frustrated, exhausted, I get this book into my hands and follow the journey of young shepherd Santiago who is looking for a worldly treasure. As like T.S. Eliot says: “ The journey not the arrival matters.” Since the publication of The Alchemist, Coelho has produced a new book at a rate of about one every two years. In a somewhat unusual scheduling ritual, he allows himself to begin the writing process for a new book only after he has found a white feather in the January of an odd year. As odd as that may sound, it seems to be working. His 26 books have sold more than 65 million copies in at least 59 languages. Personal Life So in the end, I’m mostly ambivalent to this book. I see why people enjoy it and it is admittedly pretty and sweet and uplifting. It’s a good vibe to be in. It didn’t do much for me, but that’s alright too.

The Pilgrimage - Archive.org The Pilgrimage - Archive.org

Google collects visitor information for videos hosted by YouTube on maps integrated with Google Maps. This book is the authors first one. In it, he writes about his pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela. Despite the fact that the journey was filled with many unpleasant things ( injuries, exhaustion , bad weather conditions and so on...), in the end it turned out to be a priceless life experience for Paulo. Not to mention everything he learned from his guide Petrus, who accompanied him along the way.

Customer reviews

Paulo Coelho's masterpiece tells the mystical story of Santiago, an Andalusian shepherd boy who yearns to travel in search of a worldly treasure. for this to have been described as a story that changes lives, im a little let down. whilst this certainly had the potential to be ‘life changing,’ i felt there were many aspects which kept the story from delivering what could have been a meaningful experience.

The Pilgrimage: A Contemporary Quest for Ancient Wisdom (Plus)

Un viaje espiritual de autodescubrimiento y crecimiento personal a través del antiguo Camino de Santiago, una ruta peregrina cristiana que supo ser famosa durante toda la Edad Media, y que persiste aún al día de hoy. Paulo Coelho is a Brazilian author. When Coelho was 38 years old, he had a spiritual awakening in Spain and wrote about it in his first book, The Pilgrimage. It was his second book, The Alchemist, which made him famous. He’s sold 35 million copies and now writes about one book every two years. Early Life

You might also like

The Pilgrimage paved the way to Paulo Coehlo’s international bestselling novel The Alchemist. In many ways, these two volumes are companions—to truly comprehend one, you must read the other. Step inside this captivating account of Paulo Coehlo’s pilgrimage along the road to Santiago. This fascinating parable explores the need to find one’s own path. In the end, we discover that the extraordinary is always found in the ordinary and simple ways of everyday people. Part adventure story, part guide to self-discovery, this compelling tale delivers the perfect combination of enchantment and insight. The Pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho – eBook Details I really disliked this book. I dislike it in the way that I dislike a great deal of modern self help books. Their basic message is that if you want something to happen, you need to want it as hard as you can, without caring about anything else, not allowing yourself to doubt it, or let criticisms will get in the way then it will happen. This is either a beautifully written and fable-like illustration of simple and universal truths or a load of crap.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment