276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Use Your Illusion

£97.05£194.10Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Live In New York is nice as the band plays songs from Illusion I & II for the first time live and several months before I & II are released. Discos de oro y platino" (in Spanish). Cámara Argentina de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas. Archived from the original on July 6, 2011 . Retrieved September 16, 2019. Thirty-some years on, what’s striking is just how timeless many of the songs have proven to be. Sure, lost love, misanthropic worldviews, and war are eternal. But even a song like “Get in the Ring,” which references a very specific set of real-life incidents and spats, harnesses the evergreen theme of artist versus critic. And while “You Could Be Mine” will always be tethered to Terminator 2 in the minds of a certain generation, the song exists in its own orbit of romantic frustration. Even the covers have, at times, supplanted the originals in the pop-culture imagination. The albums, in hindsight, present the paradox of a band of outsiders who have become the biggest band on the planet but still want to be rebels (see also: Neil Young’s fable of Johnny Rotten, and Kurt Cobain’s fable of Kurt Cobain). It’s a portrait of an identity crisis and it eventually tore them apart. But at the time, they rose to the challenge and reaped the rewards, even if by all accounts the Use Your Illusion albums are still Too Much Music.

UYI I features “November Rain” with a real 50-piece orchestra for the first-time ever – Newly recorded, conducted & arranged by Grammy® Award winner & Emmy Award nominated composer Christopher Lennertz Matrix / Runout (CD7): [Universal logo] 4511637 [Universal logo] AM69122-01 manufactured by optimal media GmbH Oficjalna lista sprzedaży:: OLiS - Official Retail Sales Chart". OLiS. Polish Society of the Phonographic Industry. Retrieved November 24, 2022. See information for ‘Use Your Illusion I & II: Limited Edition 4LP Color Vinyl and Zoetrope Turntable Mat’ below:Dutchcharts.nl – Guns N' Roses – Use Your Illusion I" (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved August 27, 2021. Certificaciones" (in Spanish). Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas. Type Guns N' Roses in the box under the ARTISTA column headingand Use Your Illusion I in the box under the TÍTULO column heading. ARIA Top 100 Albums for 1992". Australian Recording Industry Association . Retrieved August 27, 2021.

a b Perry, Andrew (November 1991). "Guns N' Roses: Use Your Illusion I / Use Your Illusion II". Select. No.17. p.73. Talking of Atmos, notable by omission are any spatial audio mixes of the studio albums themselves. No Atmos, 5.1 or even hi-res stereo versions are included on the blu-ray. Also, there is no studio outtakes, demos on any of the formats. With Configurations Ranging From Expansive Seven-CD + Blu-ray & Twelve-LP + Blu-ray Super Deluxe Edition Box Sets To Standard Digital/CD/2LPMatrix / Runout (CD2): [Universal logo] 4511628 [Universal logo] AM69116-01 manufactured by optimal media GmbH Hartmann, Graham (July 20, 2012). "Steven Adler Gets Fired – 25 Most Destructive Guns N' Roses Moments". Loudwire . Retrieved September 4, 2013. Matrix / Runout (CD3): [Universal logo] 4511629 [Universal logo] AM69117-01 manufactured by optimal media GmbH Thirty-some years on, what’s striking is just how timeless many of the songs have proven to be. Sure, lost love, misanthropic worldviews and war are eternal. But even a song like “Get in the Ring”, which references a very specific set of real-life incidents and spats, harnesses the evergreen theme of artist versus critic. And while “You Could Be Mine” will always be tethered to Terminator 2 in the minds of a certain generation, the song exists in its own orbit of romantic frustration. Even the covers have, at times, supplanted the originals in the pop-culture imagination.

Japanese album certifications – Guns N' Roses – Use Your Illusion I" (in Japanese). Recording Industry Association of Japan . Retrieved July 21, 2022. Select 1994年2月 on the drop-down menu Guns N’ Roses’ highly anticipated third and fourth studio albums Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II were originally released simultaneously on September 17, 1991. With the massive success of GN’R Lies and Appetite For Destruction, the band had the daunting task of a follow up album. Not only did the band deliver, Guns N’ Roses surprised the world by releasing not one but two new, full length studio albums. Upon release, Use Your Illusion I reached No. 2 and Use Your Illusion II took the No. 1 position on the Billboard 200 chart concurrently, selling over 500k in the first two hours of release, with an estimated sales of over 685k and 770k respectively within the first week of release. Dutch album certifications – Guns – Use Your Illusion" (in Dutch). Nederlandse Vereniging van Producenten en Importeurs van beeld- en geluidsdragers. Enter Use Your Illusion in the "Artiest of titel" box. Select 1994 in the drop-down menu saying "Alle jaargangen". A&M Studios, Record Plant Studios Studio 56, Image Recording, Conway Studios& Metalworks Recording Studio GUNS N' ROSES is putting together a deluxe reissue of the "Use Your Illusion" albums for a tentative summer 2022 release.a b c Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. " Use Your Illusion I – Guns N' Roses". AllMusic . Retrieved March 30, 2012. The cover art of the album simply combines the color schemes from the covers of Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II, which were originally designed by Mark Kostabi. [5] Like the original two, the image is a detail of the Raphael painting " The School of Athens".

Slash has stated that a great deal of the material for the album was written on acoustic guitars in a couple of nights at his house (the Walnut House), after several months of non-productivity. [10] Songs [ edit ] Australiancharts.com – Guns N' Roses – Use Your Illusion I". Hung Medien. Retrieved August 27, 2021. The Ritzperformance served as a final warm-up gig for the band before they launched their expansive Use Your IllusionTour. It was also at this show that Axl Rosebroke his foot leaping off a speaker while performing" You Could Be Mine." (Footage from that showappears in the song's video.) Garner, George (November 18, 2022). " "Axl wanted to record a real orchestra on November Rain": Inside the new Guns N' Roses boxset". Music Week . Retrieved February 18, 2023. VOODOO CHILD (SLIGHT RETURN) / CIVIL WAR / VOODOO CHILD (SLIGHT RETURN) (Live in Las Vegas – 1/25/92)*Salaverrie, Fernando (September 2005). Sólo éxitos: año a año, 1959–2002 (PDF) (in Spanish) (1sted.). Madrid: Fundación Autor/SGAE. p.933. ISBN 84-8048-639-2 . Retrieved September 16, 2019. British album certifications – Guns N' Roses – Use Your Illusion 1". British Phonographic Industry. The pop-culture scope of these albums went far beyond their runtimes. Epic power ballads “November Rain” and “Don’t Cry” were bolstered by mini-movie videos in heavy MTV rotation as G N’ R hit the road with Metallica in the summer of 1992. By January of 1994, they were still releasing singles, as evidenced by the famous Axl-swimming-with-dolphins scene in the video for “Estranged.” And while the hits are undeniable, it’s the deep cuts that make the Use Your Illusion albums worth their not insubstantial weight. Otherwise a brilliant release. Re-released & remastered Illusion I & II sound fantastic but where this boxset shines is with the two concert albums. I'm blown away by the recording quality, mixing, mastering & transfer to vinyl. Crisp, clear & punchy. Turn it up so your neighbors can hear it. Both concerts have a great selection of songs from Illusion I & II, Lies & Appetite. Still waiting for 'Coma' live though.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment