276°
Posted 20 hours ago

DC Comics Superman Adult Mens Onesie (Large, Blue)

£17.035£34.07Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But when we do encounter it, it's often well-intentioned even if unwelcome and clumsily enacted. Just something to remember when we find ourselves on the receiving end... I know sometimes I'll try to jump in an argument on behalf of one side and interpret my understanding of that when I'm not a part of the debate. I'll don my big kid white knight armor and ride upon my hashtagged steed into battle against the obviously wrong other side to defend the silent damsels (or dudes) in distress. And for the times I've done that, I apologize. It appears my definition of ‘white knighting’ is somewhat different. I was introduced to the phrase in an article I do not remember, however the gist of it was a negative connotation. Someone ‘white knighting’ would do so for an ulterior motive, most of the time the adoration or simple gratitude they stood up for. In that, the goal of white knighting was not to help, but to receive something from the harassed. What I find sad though.....is more and more these days.....The behavior of defending others is being looked down upon more and more....Not just with Jedi....but all over. I was always taught being a White Knight was a good thing. Although White Knight behaviour can sometimes come across as form of Egotistical arrogance (and indeed sometimes is just that), bear in mind that within the TOTJO it may often be a sign that someone is trying to put parts of our doctrine into practice, such as the following lines from the Knight's Code:

Jedi are guardians of peace. We believe in helping all those that are in need, in whatever form, to the best of our ability. Thing is. In an offline setting....If I were to be walking down the street browsing the scenery only to find someone being bullied, pushed around and treated unfairly..... I would jump in and protect the one being abused. I may not know what started the bullying....but you can bet I will step between it. Anyways, if you have something constructive, personal, and new to bring to the table, I'll love it. If you're jumping in on someone else's behalf, making broad generalizations, and end up straw manning your ideas, it's really a waste of both of our time. Another part of our doctrine, the 21 Maxims, actually provides the perspective that we, as the potential White Knight, can use in conjunction with the call to defence, so I'll leave you with this: Unfortunately...in an online world, we do not have the luxury of seeing physical interactions with the textual words. We must all make that call and accept the consequences for it.

What makes the online world any different? If we are not behaving as Jedi and mistreating our fellow comrades with pushy, insulting behavior. Guess what. Im jumping in, ya all can deal with it. I do not stand for bullying - I don't care what the topic is about. But. One has to be able to determine if the bullying is out of spite and aggression. Or if its just a heated debate that both were engaging in willingly. Of course, if in any doubt, there are other, less abrasive ways of offering someone support. The 'thanks' button, or a gentle PM...

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment