276°
Posted 20 hours ago

St. Peter's Honey Porter 4.5% ABV (12 x 500ml)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I was really, really excited when I first saw this in a shop tonight. It's limited release and I hope is from the most recent batch (otherwise I'd be worried about its age). Spices: Similarly, spices work well against the rich flavour of dark malts. Vanilla, cinnamon, cloves and what I would consider to be sweet spices are quite common. I have also tried a porter with peppercorns that was quite unique. Nuts also work well in porter on some occasions. Water - Beer is made from 95% water. Tap water will be fine, filtered is better to remove the chlorine will help give you the best result.

Honey Porter 4.9%– Our sweet honey porter is brewed with real honey to give the perfect blend of a classic porter with a sweet finish. Add 2 gallons chilled sterile water into the primary fermenter and add the hot wort into it. Top with more water to total 5 gallons. There is no need to strain. Here is a simple starter kit Starter Kit With Barrel to allow you to make the beer if you have not already got brewing equipment From a brewers perspective a lot of the brewers I have spoken to would define the difference between to two with the presence of a fair amount of roasted barley. the bottle states "limited edition van diemen hop" and ill admit i dont know anything about it. is it a bittering hop, an aroma hop, what?? anyway, ill continue with the review.

EXPRESS DELIVERY TO MOST REGIONS OF THE UK

If a problem happens with the delivery please let us know and we will do our best to help, we can talk to Parcel Force to help solve the problem. The ABV of different porters can range quite significantly, from around 4% upto 9% or more for Imperial versions.

Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie. However, we recommend to you, to use 1.5kg of unhopped liquid malt extract (LME) – again the colour appropriate to the type of beer being made (see colour guide below).aroma is on the sweetish side. honey is hardly detectable in the aroma, but it does have a nice maltiness about it. nothing outstanding about it though. In an 12 qt pot, steep the grains in a hop bag in 1 1/2 gallons of sterile water at 155 degrees for half an hour. Remove the grains. With public excitement about White House beer fermenting such a buzz, we decided we better hop right to it. Steriliser - Not equipment but is essential part to keep all equipment clean and sterilised when used

Porter is typically a rich, malty and deep flavoured beer and works well as a style to add additional flavours to. ok, boags honey porter. missed this the previous few times its been released. looking forward to a taste. In a 6 qt pot, add grains to 2.25 qts of 168˚ water. Mix well to bring temp down to 155˚. Steep on stovetop at 155˚ for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, bring 2 gallons of water to 165˚ in a 12 qt pot. Place strainer over, then pour and spoon all the grains and liquid in. Rinse with 2 gallons of 165˚ water. Let liquid drain through. Discard the grains and bring the liquid to a boil. Set aside. The use of a LME will undoubtedly produce a beer of pure quality, depth, body and flavour than options 1 or 2 above. The ABV will be determined by the use of a hydrometerSherwood Pale Ale 3.9%– The perfect sessionale pale for any occasion. A citrus burst from this pale ale will leave you wanting after every sip. having said that, the balance of this brew is all over the place. it has dark ruby/ mahogany colors and a lacy off white head which looks a little out of place with a beer that is dark. the nose has a gentle roasted touch, with massive blasts of honey and fruity hops. you can really smell the apple orchards of tassie in there. problem here is in the balance of the flavours. theyve gone a bit too full on trying to take a porter and give it an edge. too heavyhanded on the honey which often overpowers the beer. you have to drink this chilled, so this is kept under control. unfortunately, porters are at their best warming up. they also have this nice new hop which they are also trying to bring to the fore, but it doesnt compliment everything else they are trying to do here. the hop has a fine balance of bitterness and aroma, but its application here is a little amiss. the addition of honey and new hops totally takes the focus off the fact this is supposed to be a porter because they have gone overboard with it. the roasted flavor that should be present in spades is shoved to the side in a big way. it also finishes in a rather muddled fashion. trying to be dry, but again, the honey kills it, and the hops seem to end up being more about the aroma than the bite. it does have a crisp clean feel tho, as is usually the case with tassie beers.

There is not much difference between stout and porter and the names have been used interchangeably throughout dark beers existence. Since our first batch of White House Honey Brown Ale, we've added the Honey Porter and have gone even further to add a Honey Blonde this past summer. Like many home brewers who add secret ingredients to make their beer unique, all of our brews have honey that we tapped from the first ever bee-hive on the South Lawn. The honey gives the beer a rich aroma and a nice finish but it doesn't sweeten it. WARNING: Kettle losses > 2% detected which throw off OG calculation for extract/partial mash recipes in batch target 'fermentor' mode. Solution: Reduce kettle losses, misc losses and hops absorption in equipment profile, OR set batch target to 'kettle' and do a full wort boil. See batch target FAQ.

Keep In Touch

Coffee & Chocolate: I have included both coffee and chocolate together as they are both flavours that compliment the flavours provided by the roasted and dark malts. Use plenty to get the flavour of coffee or chocolate into the finished beer for it to be noticeable. English porter recipes tend to include a percentage brown malt and some include roasted grains like roasted barley, sparingly.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment