276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fruh - Fruh Kolsch - Germany - Cologne - 4.8%

£13.995£27.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Lenz, Katja (12 April 2019). "Gebraut wird bei Früh: Kölsch-Konkurrenten wollen eng zusammen arbeiten". Kölnische Rundschau (in German) . Retrieved 6 November 2022. The members must adhere to certain ingredients and process guidelines in brewing the landmark style. Whereas there is a fair amount of leeway – the rules are clear, the rules are respected and the brewers are proud of the style’s heritage and quality.

Ihr Kontakt zu uns: Des Weiteren können Sie sich bei Fragen zur Verarbeitung Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten, Ihren Betroffenenrechten und einer etwaigen erteilten Einwilligung unentgeltlich mit uns in Verbindung setzen. Wenden Sie sich zur Ausübung aller Ihrer zuvor genannten Rechte bitte an [email protected] oder postalisch an die oben unter Ziffer 1. angegebene Anschrift. Bitte stellen Sie dabei sicher, dass uns eine eindeutige Identifizierung Ihrer Person möglich ist.Many breweries closed in the years that followed. Only six of the breweries listed are still active, Früh, Gaffel, Reissdorff (the big three), Erzquell, Päffgen and Malzmühle - after Malzmühle announced it will take over Sester in 2022. What’s great about them is that they are all located in a 2 kilometre radius, making it easy to visit (and stumble) between them. We often think of going between them as one of the best walking tours of Cologne. But do make sure you make a full day of your tour, as hoping between these brauhaus is not going to be a short affair. Maybe set aside 5 hrs for the duration of the tour…

Everything I have read has said that the bitterness is assertive but not overpowering so I have gone to around 24 IBU. I am also going to go quite assertive with the aroma addition at the end of the boil. I am a big fan of Hallertauer and I don’t mind going a little over the guidelines to make a beer a bit more personal to my tastes. Kölsch is warm fermented with top-fermenting yeast, then conditioned at cold temperatures like a lager. [2] This brewing process is similar to that used for Düsseldorf's altbier. In 1997, Kölsch became a product with protected geographical indication (PGI), expanding this protection to the entire EU. [6]

We also recommend...

Yeast: I got myself some White Labs WLP029 German Ale / Kolsch yeast. I believe it’s cultured from a brewpub in Cologne and is said to accentuate hop flavours. Most importantly it’s a super clean tasting yeast and gives that crisp, refreshing quality that we are looking for.

a b c Arnold, John P. (1911). The Origin and History of Beer and Brewing. Chicago: Alumni Association of the Wahl-Henius Institute of Fermentology. Porter, Erin (6 February 2018). "Beer of Cologne: Koelsch". TripSavvy . Retrieved 27 September 2018. There are twenty-four breweries signatories to the Kölsch Konvention delighting their patrons with the highly carbonated, clear and dry signature beer.Einschränkung der Verarbeitung: Sie können von uns - soweit die gesetzlichen Voraussetzungen erfüllt sind - verlangen, dass wir die Verarbeitung Ihrer Daten einschränken.

Kölsch ( German pronunciation: [kœlʃ]) is a style of beer originating in Cologne (Köln), Germany. It has an original gravity between 11 and 14 degrees Plato (specific gravity of 1.044 to 1.056). In appearance, it is bright and clear with a straw-yellow hue. Behörden und staatliche Institutionen, wie z.B. Staatsanwaltschaften, Gerichte oder Finanzbehörden, an die wir aus gesetzlich zwingenden Gründen personenbezogene Daten übermitteln müssen. Fortunately, there is a veritable proliferation of Kolsch style ales in the last few years here in the US. More on this follows. Authentic Kölsch is Served in a Specific GlasswareThe Brauhaus FRÜHam Dom (FRÜHbrewery at the cathedral) and Brauhaus cellar form the heart of FRÜH Gastronomy at Cologne's Heinzelmännchenbrunnen (Brownie Fountain), where it all began over 100 years ago.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment