276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Quit Like a Millionaire: No Gimmicks, Luck, or Trust Fund Required

£5.73£11.46Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I knew we were going to teach FI and investing concepts through the story of how I became a millionaire by the lessons learned during the 3 stages of the socioeconomic ladder— poverty, middle-class, rich.

Writers write. Rejection, heartbreak, and humiliation be damned. Writers are a rare breed. I like to joke with best-selling author and Godfather of FI, JLCollins, that writers are the worst kind of masochists because we’re addicted to pain.Now, I know I sound like I’m tooting my own horn here but believe it or not these are other people’s words not mine. That means you’re not going to enjoy yourself even if you’re wealthy enough to fund your shopping habits. This might sound like the preamble to an old-fashioned moral lecture about how money can’t buy happiness, but it’s really not. Truth be told, it can. It just boils down to what you’re spending it on. There’s nothing better than a financial book that comes from a place of storytelling instead of preaching, and Kristy Shen and Bryce Leung elevate the art to new levels in Quit Like a Millionaire. No matter your current money situation, you will feel inspired instead of overwhelmed and be ready to make actionable change to live your best financial life.”— Erin Lowry, author of Broke Millennial Takes On Investing Consumerism promises happiness but it’s usually little more than a temporary fix. What it does generate is waste. A lot of waste. Take clothing. According to the Guardian, Americans throw away 11 million tons of clothes every year. So here’s how to eliminate waste in your own wardrobe: make it visible. Simply push all the clothes in your closet to the left, and place an empty hanger with a piece of masking tape in the middle. Everything you wear from now on goes on the right of the marked hanger after it’s been washed. Over time, this reveals how often you use different items. On the right, are the superstars of your wardrobe; in the middle, pieces you do wear but infrequently; and on the left, clothes you never take out at all – the waste. About the author That’s the philosophy of Kristy Shen, a self-made millionaire who retired at 31. In these blinks, we’ll be exploring how she did it. Expect plenty of unashamedly contrarian takes, left-field strategies and novel concepts. More to the point, expect to find a roadmap to wealth creation, debt eradication and financial independence.

Also I’ve been reading about FIRE for over 5 years now, and thought I’ve read pretty much everything there is on the subject, but they proved me wrong. Even if you’ve read everything about FIRE you will certainly still learn something from this book. Having read 9 books on finances and investing this year, I can honestly say I really, really enjoyed this book. Though some things won't apply to everyone, a lot of the information provided is of good, sound advice. And it also reafirmed what I have already been doing has been good. TIP: I planned to read this but it then became available as an audio book. She is witty, funny, and I really want to know this lady!! She’s great to listen to!During her early childhood in Taiping, a village in Sichuan province, Shen says she learnt the scarcity mindset early on. “If you ever run out, the government is not here to help you, there’s never going to be any safety net to catch you. So my parents had instilled it in my head that money is the most important thing in the world.” As a student her father, who before she was born spent 10 years imprisoned in a labour camp, was able to visit Canada. Shen and her mother followed two years later. I especially like how she stresses certain concepts and approaches, but always reinforces the appreciation that people are different and that things can be tailored to your own context.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment