276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Eversion

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

CENTURY RAIN, PUSHING ICE, HOUSE OF SUNS and TERMINAL WORLD are all unrelated standalone novels. I have vague intentions to return to the universes of PI and HOS, but nothing firm, and I don’t intend to return to the worlds of CR or TW, much as I’m fond of those books. There are three books in the REVENGER sequence. This story is, at its core, a mystery — Silas attempting to unravel the anomalies in his experience of reality and the unknown artifact while trying to keep his crew and friends alive. The voyages of adventure and exploration into the unknown are reminiscent of Jules Verne, mixed with some Lovecraftian, eldritch aspects and elements of horror. It was engaging from the very beginning, small hints that something is not right with these situations and trying to uncover what exactly is going on. The plot is very clever — when you finally think you have a grasp on events, it throws you for a loop and makes you question everything you learned. It does this in a way that doesn’t feel frustrating or overdone, but compelling in its confusion.

Reynolds, Alastair (4 August 2021). "I've delivered a new book". Approaching Pavonis Mons by balloon (Reynolds' personal blog). Once a physicist: Alastair Reynolds". www.iop.org. Archived from the original on 26 August 2019 . Retrieved 26 August 2019.Remainers" - Originally published in Tales from the Edge: Escalation, Spiral Arm Studios (July 2017), Stephen Gaskell ed.

One thing that, frustratingly, isn't fully explained is the eversion of the title - I can't sensibly describe what this refers to without giving too much away, but it's pretty much presented as a given without the reason for it happeniReynolds wrote his first four published science fiction short stories while still a graduate student, in 1989–1991; they appeared in 1990–1992, his first sale being to Interzone. [1] In 1991 Reynolds graduated and moved from Scotland to the Netherlands to work at ESA. He then started spending much of his writing time on a first novel, which eventually turned into Revelation Space, while the few short stories he submitted from 1991–1995 were rejected. This ended in 1995 when his story "Byrd Land Six" was published, which he says marked the beginning of a more serious phase of writing. As of 2011 [update] he has published over forty shorter works and nine novels. His works are hard science fiction, typically in the sub-genres of space opera and noir, and reflect his professional expertise with physics and astronomy, included by extrapolating future technologies in terms that are consistent, for the most part, with current science. Reynolds has said he prefers to keep the science in his books to what he personally believes will be possible, and he does not believe faster-than-light travel will ever be possible, but that he adopts science he believes will be impossible when it is necessary for the story. [4] Most of Reynolds's novels contain multiple storylines that originally appear to be completely unrelated, but merge later in the story. Spirey and the Queen – a novelette by Alastair Reynolds". Infinityplus.co.uk . Retrieved 10 June 2013. Alastair Reynold's new standalone novel is a real keeper. At first, I thought it was a homage to Cloud Atlas by way of Dan Simmon's Terror, but after getting much farther along, I've got to say that its title gives it all away. And pleasantly so.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment