276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Garrett 1138070 ACE 150 Metal Detector

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you’re new to the world of metal detecting, finding a suitable entry-level device isn’t always easy. The 250 has three different tones that indicated what metal I’d found without looking at the display. Not overly sensitive so a good introductory choice for kids, but not for more experienced hobbyists Max had to dig a larger hole than necessary to find his target. He found that scanning the removed soil helped locate the find, but there was more mess and faff than necessary.

The screen has a simple display with a needle that moves at it senses metals. There are also two dials to adjust volume and discern between different metals as well as a low-battery indicator light to make it obvious when the power is running out. The ACE 200 weighs 2.75 pounds and adjusts from 40 inches to 53 inches which is comparable with the rest of the ACE series and pretty lightweight even after a day of swinging. BatteriesWhat you’ll be looking at for the most time is the identification scale. This is Garrett’s numeric target ID and it’ll tell you what you’ve found before digging. hi i am thinking of purchasing the 150 for my 2 sons aged 10 and 11. Is this suitable for beaches also as we tend to spend a lot of time walking beaches. its a pity about the no pinpointing feature. would the 250 be a better buy On the flip side, there are pricey metal detectors that require delicate handling and no parent wants to hand their child an expensive piece of kit only to see it broken or abandoned. Most kids study history at school, and metal detecting is a great way to keep them engaged and interested – potentially leading to better grades! Metal detecting can help kids learn about history, geography and even biology. You and your child will likely enjoy spending time researching any old relics that you find. The coil is elliptical (oval) measuring 6.5 x 9 inches so it can fit between objects easier than a full circle coil. I pushed it between logs and beneath benches fairly easily. The instructions say you can upgrade this coil should you want to.

The great thing about Garrett metal detectors, including the ACE 250, is that everything is made in the United States. There’s no need to worry about quality or support issues. The ACE 250 is a particularly popular detector in Garrett’s lineup. The brand set out to create a device that was approachable to newer enthusiasts while still providing respectable performance that seasoned detectorists would appreciate. We’re happy to say that the brand was successful in that endeavor. It’s a low cost, simple-to-use metal detector suitable for beginners and even mature kids, but it still has Garrett’s build quality and reliability. I had lots of fun with the Garret ACE 250. On my first outing, I found plenty of trash on the playing field along with a few coins and an old lighter. In the woods, I found a horseshoe. The Garrett brand is no stranger to producing some great metal detectors. Ask any seasoned enthusiast, and they’re bound to have some good things to say about the company. Because the ground balance is automatically set, I was able to use the detector and raise its sensitivity until it was squealing like Beyonce.

It’s more of a ‘toy’ detector compared to many of the others models featured on this list. Although it has enough power to detect metals close to the surface of the ground, it’s not got the strength to uncover much buried treasure. However, it performs as you would expect for the price.

Once I’d hit the squealing it was a case of pressing the ‘down’ button until it stopped. This gave me the highest sensitivity without interference. the help of the Garrett products we supply here at Crawfords. Explore the full range and if you have any Perhaps one of the most important things when buying a metal detector for children is to make sure that it won’t be too big for them to use. The Garrett ACE 250 price is incredible taking into considerationthe features you are offered, It gives the beginner or newcomer a chance to have professional features at half the price. With everything I have researched, these features also perform just as good. This really helped me understand how to use the machine before venturing outside. I buried a few bits too and practised pinpointing.

Features and Benefits of the Garrett ACE 200

Metal detectors with target ID will often have an LCD display that can indicate which type of metal has been detected. Metal detecting can be a great hobby for the ‘technology-obsessed’ younger-generations to get involved with. It offers users the chance to explore and appreciate the great outdoors. Plus, it can create a reason to go on different outings with your children. You can enjoy metal detecting in the park near your home, or head to the beach or nearest river for a little hunt around. Metal detecting is also a great way for you and the kids to get to know the local area. Having target ID makes it easier to anticipate what the find may be. If the target ID is shown clearly on the screen, it is also easier for children to interpret rather than requiring them to understand the different beeps of the detector. Pinpointers Looking for only one type of metal? The ACE 250 has you covered. There are 5 different search modes available, which come with their own pre-set discrimination filters.

The control box takes 4 x AA batteries which were supplied and fit the usual way in the hood of the control box. The Garrett ACE 250 is an excellent all-round metal detector for beginners, it has everything needed to find treasure and a bit more so you don’t lose interest. Suitable for children of different heights, the stem can be extended from 47 cm to 78 cm. Another benefit of this is that it’s easy to store a carry the detector, particularly useful if taking it on holiday or transporting it to the beach. The coil also folds up flush against the stem to make it more compact.

Where Is Best To Use The Garrett ACE 200?

Coin and jewelry modes filter out any iron signals and focus on metal that coins and jewelry are most often made from such as gold, brass, copper, bronze and silver. There are three pieces to join. The coil, the telescopic stem, and the handle. The control box is fixed to the handle already so no worries there. Not all metal detectors have a waterproof search coil, but it can help make the machine more robust. Not only does a waterproof search coil mean that the metal detector can be used when it’s raining (as long as the battery compartment is protected), it will also mean that the detector can be used in shallow water. This is useful if the detector will be used along the shoreline at the beach, or for searching in rivers. Adjustable settings

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment