276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lose You to Find Me

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Tommy and Brad's scenes were some of my absolute favorites and yet, much like how Tommy felt, I did feel bad for them. Brad's the kinda character that you don't know how important he's going to be to a story, till he becomes the story; and I liked him, for it. 🤍🤍 For their own reasons, they could never be officially together, but while Tommy was trying to figure out his own personal issues with Gabriel and Brad was battling his own inner demons, I loved their little intimate moments.

The title is perfectly fitted for this book, to lose him, she had to find herself, their growth apart made them better people for when they came together again. To not shoulder things as a whole but being able to lean on the other or others was their biggest learning curve. Gomez said, "This song was inspired by many things that have happened in" her life since she last released new music. Everything feels like it’s all happening at once and you can’t get ahead of it. But there’s always a way.”And omg, that kitchen scene - totally blindsided me! But, then again, this is the author who wrote the zombie apocalypse story, so I suppose there was going to be some darkness to this one, as well! 😅 I really liked how this book was set in a work environment! The retirement community setting was actually very enjoyable, and i liked seeing all of the interactions with the residents, especially Al and Willa! Ahead of the song's release, Gomez wrote on Vevo that the song was about several life events. "This song was inspired by many things that have happened in my life since releasing my last album," she said. "I want people to feel hope and to know you will come out the other side stronger and a better version of yourself." There’s cooking, working at a retirement community restaurant workers, coming out, college decisions, and childhood friends reunited to maybe something more?

They were so very soft and utterly adorable in their make-out sessions, but still could find that comfortable ease of being able to talk to one another about their problems. I wish there could have been more of their relationship - more of seeing Brad and Tommy together as a couple, rather than Tommy's continuous futile attempts to make Gabriel suddenly realize that he was the one for him. 🥰🥰 This book was just adorable! I think I kind of expected something different but that didn’t take anything away from it.The cover and the summary makes this seem like it’s going to be a romance, and while yes, there is romance, that wasn’t really the main focus. It was more about finding yourself (hey, maybe the title should’ve tipped me off to that lol). The dancing could figuratively be their on-off relationship cycles. And leaving Bieber behind, as Gomez ultimately did in March 2018, may have been her way of reprioritizing herself over him. Us Weekly suggested, when Jelena's break was first reported, that Bieber's selfishness was why Gomez pulled the trigger. “[He] doesn’t care about anyone but himself," a source told the outlet that month. "The second she saw it, she walked away, especially now with her health. She knows she doesn’t need him.” Verse 2:

Just like " All That's Left in the World", this book was extremely easy to read. I flew through it (even though I didn’t like the story). Also, Erik J. Brown is good at writing MCs who are really fun to follow! Once again, I unfortunately ended up not liking Tommy (he was a shitty person), but it was really fun to be in his POV. Overall, this is not a romance novel at its core. It’s a book about figuring out who you are, and what you want to do with your life as a teenager because society expects you to do that. It challenged the “norm” and gave insight into the fact that not everyone’s life paths need to follow an identical formula. I liked that they all struggled with different things in their lives but also the amazing friendships they all had. The romance, well. It was as if I walked into my room after not cleaning it for two months. Usually I want the mains to end up together. Here, not necessarily. Did they end up together? Find out on your own–but I promise you're not gonna be disappointed with the outcome, no matter what you prefer. A lot of things in this book were messy; romance, relationships, life. It was so well-written, it felt completely natural. Because life in itself is a mess and Erik Brown knows how to encapsulate that fact. Super cute YA second chance romance’ish that’s equal coming-of-age (Rom-Dramedy). An ode to young restaurant workers. It’s adorable!! 🥹I appreciate the whole university storyline. It’s nice to see characters figuring out what they want to do with their lives, and I liked the way that plotline was developed and wrapped up! Regardless, I fell more and more in love with Gabe, and his coming out moment with Tommy at Prom had me in happy tears. It was one of the sweetest moments I’ve read in a book in recent memory. What would you do if you met your first love for the second time years later and he doesn’t remember you? This book started out GREAT! Tommy was a really fun MC, the set up was intriguing, and I was really liking Tommy and Gabe’s dynamic! And then it all came crashing down when it was revealed that Gabe has a boyfriend. 😐😐😐 And the story took a terrible turn. Suddenly, I was no longer having fun seeing these 2 rekindle their friendship/romance. I was just annoyed and honestly????? pretty disgusted with them.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment