276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tinder Translator: An A-Z of Modern Misogyny

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I would have loved if the chapters were a bit longer with more examples/detail but it is an easy to digest social commentary on modern dating.

Tinder Translator by Aileen Barratt | Hardie Grant Publishing

They are one of the most reliably funny internet comedians out there and can do no wrong in my eyes. I don’t feel comfortable rating non fiction books but I will say this, Tinder Translator is a humorous take on modern dating and the sexism women face day to day, I loved this book and it brought up serious issues in such a translatable way.That every company – from sex toy brand Ann Summers to the British Kebab awards – felt they needed to pay their respects to Elizabeth II was, and I’m not going to mince my words about this, fucking bonkers. A prime example of this is "just looking for some fun" - fun means casual sex with no further expectations. No drama” in all caps—the translation there is “don’t have emotions, opinions or challenge me in any way. That's where I show you BTS out takes, give THOUGHTS on things I'd rather not discuss on main stories.

Tinder will automatically translate messages from foreign Tinder will automatically translate messages from foreign

An absolute must read for anyone navigating (or contemplating) the murky depths of the online world. Learn how to have a conversation and get to know a woman, and ladies, stop rewarding this behavior by having sex with these jokers. Its hilarious but also addresses real issues that many people face, if was truly enlightening and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Photograph: Hardie Grant ‘I’ve been training for this for quite a while’ … Aileen Barratt aka the Tinder Translator.You’re not a rehabilitation centre for emotionally-stunted men, you are a human being with feelings. So I am thrilled to have discovered more about the woman behind the account and to have the privilege to shout about her! Women built and sustain me… the idea that being remarkable or hilarious or cool or bright or strong has anything to do with other women not being remarkable or hilarious or cool or bright or strong is the biggest pile of shit I’ve ever heard… I know I am those things because of other women, not in spite of them.

Tinder Translator: Why do men think wanting ‘commitment’ is Tinder Translator: Why do men think wanting ‘commitment’ is

The first time I got a proof copy of the book, when I opened it and saw it for the first time, I videoed it, and put that up. It’s probably a good thing that lung cancer spared him the indignities of a fully interconnected world. There is a breadth of topics from generalised misogyny of online dating to domestic and sexual abuse. For more books tohelp you navigate the rocky road of dating, visit DIY: Self-Coaching resources to help you find love faster.I suppose the biggest vision is to smash the patriarchy, but I don't think Tinder Translators can do that on it's own, obviously! For example, she came across the phrase, “Looking for someone who doesn’t take themselves too seriously,” and wrote her own interpretation: “I keep meeting women who have these ‘standards’ and want me to ‘treat them with respect,’ so I’m looking for someone with less self worth. I think the biggest post was my announcement post, and it was a static post on Instagram, so I thought no one was going to see it. For those dating cishet men especially, the blatant misogyny encountered during every swipe session is depressing and enraging in equal measure.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment