276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mixed Signals (The Lovelight Series)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Layla owns the bakeshop in Lovelight farms, and Caleb is a teacher. He has harbored a growing crush on her for a WHILE, and finally a chance meeting at a bar far outside their small town's city limits she starts to see him differently. A confession of serial bad dating has Caleb offering to be her practice man, and in return she can give him some pointers. She needs to know how much she deserves, and he wants to know what he's doing wrong. We all know the story of best friends who fake being a couple, right? The question is does it work for Lovelight Farms? I do like the pretending. Too much, probably. It's the end of the pretending that'll be the problem. The part that comes after. I can't stop thinking about it, despite Luka's plan to just continue."

I jump in with two feet when there’s even a hint of something, pouring all of myself into everything. And then I second guess. I overthink. I try to rent out a roller rink for a single date with a girl I like. There are many people who try to follow the “fake it till you make it” principle. Some of them will ultimately become successful, while many others won't. We hear only the success stories related to it.So of course they have to make things very hard. Like why don't they fake date so they can critique each other after a month to allow each of them to be better daters? Shaking my head at these two. I like how I never have to really worry, so much of the angst is self induced and there is plenty of comfort, support, good and bad advice. No one is really alone in these stories if they will just look up and realize that others are there for them. stars rounding up bc Caleb was so sweet. (Also bc she mentioned the best novella to ever grace spanish television "Corazon Salvaje") If you know, you know! Luka rests his chin on top of my head. “This is how my parents argued,” he confesses quietly, a grin in his voice. “Or I guess, this is how they had big conversations. My dad said he liked to keep my mom close, but I really think he wanted a way to politely restrain her.” I’m torn between how much I relate with Caleb and how in love I’m with him. It made me want to cry how hard he was on himself, how he prepared every date with all his care and a single thing going wrong would make him feel like a failure, like it was a signal of him not being good enough for her. Thankfully, Layla could see how unfair he was being with himself, falling a bit more in love with him for trying so hard. He was a total golden retriever who deserved to be protected at all cost.

This is one Christmas book that I can recommend. It’s not OTT romance, but there definitely is some steam here. In the end this book just made me feel good. With side characters I would have loved to see more of Evie, who I really missed in this book. I liked her story (which was the second book) the absolute best. On the other hand I loved to see more of Stella´s and Layla´s friendship and to get more depth on their relationship. I loved Caleb´s abuela who kept giving him life advice and tips while cooking for him, it felt so homey. This book made me feel all the feels and the chemistry between Stella and Luka was amazing. If I rated it for that alone it would be five stars. But…The communication was a lot better than I would have expected for this fake dating premise. They’d make sure the other knew their feelings instead of keep playing along like it meant nothing for them. The small things that were left to say felt realistic and added the right amount of angst. I know you can take care of yourself. You’ve been doing that as long as I’ve known you. But let me hold your hand while you do it okay?” For some reason they needed to fake date to realize that they have been actually fake friending all along.

I step down to where she's gazing out at the fields with her hand shielding her eyes against the setting sun. I asked her to meet me at this time for a reason. There's nothing like the farm just as the sun begins to dip in the sky, bright blue fading to deep cobalt, pink just starting to bloom from behind the clouds. I stand next to her and try to see it the way she does as a first-time visitor; the endless rows of full, green trees. The lights that string throughout, just starting to blink awake in the early evening." Will Stella's best friend, Luka Peters, be able to save Stella from getting her application rejected? Will Stella fall into a relationship with her best friend? Will Stella win the contest? What will happen to the farm's future if she fails in her endeavor? The author tries to discuss all these topics in this book. Luka and Stella filled my heart with so much empathy and joy! There’s yearning and sexual tension leading up to them finally getting together. Seriously, the YEARNING is some of the best I’ve read recently. There’s clear trust and connection between them, which made the steamy scenes and romance even more enjoyable. So many beautiful quotes that made me way too sentimental! But also made my inner romantic Libra very happy. I refuse to date anyone in this small town because what if it turns bad and I have to see them every day? no thanks"Mixed Signals was a very enjoyable surprise which I’d recommend to rom-com lovers who also happen to like their characters realistic, with insecurities that are easy to relate to. And now I have my excuse for trying more books only for their pretty covers! Layla is slowly losing hope in finding the ideal match for her. When Caleb asks her to help him improve his dating skills by giving her amazing dates, she decides it is the perfect way to recharge her energies. What she doesn’t expect is how much she wished they weren’t fake. Featuring ~ dual 1st person POV, sunshine/sunshine, bakery owner, teacher, no strings dating, small town, secret crush, good amount of steamage lovelight series is definitely one of my favorite romance series ♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡ it's so cute, wholesome, and swoony af!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment