276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tamiya 58391 Remote Control Car Hotshot

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

ABS monocoque ★Shaft-driven 4WD ★3-bevel differential gears ★2-piece steering tie-rod ★4-wheel double wishbone suspension ★Gear ratio = 8.70:1 However, the Hotshot would not look the same without it, so our solution was to install a dummy part to remain faithful to the original look.

Sections such as the ABS monocoque frame and suspension arms are made of reinforced plastic for durability. Now, the Hotshot II makes a re-appearance with various tweaks added by the famous Japanese designer Mr. Jun Watanabe. Special Feature 3 New propeller shaft features dog bone type linkage to optimize power transmission efficiency. Front and rear gearboxes feature pinion-type differentials for greater efficiency and reduced weight. Based upon the original Hotshot II design, this shaft driven 4WD chassis has sealed gearboxes and differentials front and rear and gives an intuitive drive.The Hotshot was Tamiya's first R/C 4WD buggy, and it is now available as a modern TamTech-Gear machine. Looking at it all those years ago as a boy, the Hotshot seemed almost impossibly complicated. Rugged, incredibly cool, with that huge 4WD logo emblazed across the rear wing. It was almost bio-mechanical in the sense that it met the eye with both smooth and rough edges – elegance and practicality combined. It was both beautiful, and clearly ready to blast across any terrain.

Firstly - it's possible I've already started a thread about this sometime in the past, since I already have some photos online from 2020, but I've searched and can't find it, so, well, here goes again! So get the re release Boomerang first and get the re release Hotshot at a later stage as the Hotshot should be around for a while.This is me using a flange nut to work out the lowest point I can drill a new mounting hole at and still secure it with a flange nut. Length: 390mm ●Width: 235mm ●Height: 150mm ●Weight: 1270g ●Tread: (Front/Rear) 194mm ●Tire Width/Diameter: (Front) 28/82mm, (Rear) 34/82mm So, with the sides of the chassis taking shape, I had a solid template from which to make the floor. It’s for these types of reasons that, today, it is one of the most beloved Tamiya R/C designs ever. It has even been credited with inspiring one man to collect what is, probably, the world’s most massive private collection of R/C models (word has it that the German collector profiled on that article began his collection after first witnessing one Hotshot, then buying multiple vintage Hotshot kits, and later, buying up thousands of cars of all kinds).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment