276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse (Beatrix Potter Originals)

£2.975£5.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This version is presented in a colourful style which makes it very suitable for screen viewing or projector use in classrooms. A compilation made by Kiwi Opa, especially for Free Kids Books. He sat outside in the sun, and said—“Tiddly, widdly, widdly! Your very good health, Mrs. Tittlemouse!” The Tale of Mrs. Tittlemouse is number eleven in Beatrix Potter's series of 23 little books, the titles of which are as follows: Additionally, the coin was also minted as a Brilliant Uncirculated variety in individual presentation folders as well as complete sets, in addition to silver proof versions. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mrs. Tittlemouse! Now what I really—REALLY should like— would be a little dish of honey!”

Let's explore the incredible story of this unique 2018 special edition 50p coin and learn about its value and rarity

Read now or download (free!)

But the untidiness was something dreadful—“Never did I see such a mess—smears of honey; and moss, and thistledown—and marks of big and little dirty feet— all over my nice clean house!” In The Tale of Mrs Tittlemouse, Mrs Tittlemouse’s only wish is for her house to be clean and tidy, however, all her unexpected guests are not helping her at all. So they handed him out acorn cupfuls of honeydew through the window, and he was not at all offended. Mrs. Tittlemouse went on her way to a distant storeroom, to fetch cherrystones and thistle-down seed for dinner. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Mrs. Tittlemouse! Now what I really— really should like—would be a little dish of honey!”

SUCH a funny house! There were yards and yards of sandy passages, leading to storerooms and nut-cellars and seed-cellars, all amongst the roots of the hedge. These adorable little animals, while small in size, have strong personalities, charm, and flaws. They are perfect for littlies to start reading, or classics enthusiasts, or for those reminiscent of the childhood. Mrs Tittlemouse takes pride and joy in her housekeeping, but unexpected guests turn her home into a mess (She’s the Monica Gellar of Potter’s animal-world). The little mouse is courteous but firm when having to defend her home. Beatrix Potter makes her creatures have relatable human qualities, and the ability to teach young ones morals in a sweet and simple form. I am not in the habit of letting lodgings; this is an intrusion!” said Mrs. Tittlemouse. “I will have them turned out —”“Buzz! Buzz! Buzzz!”—She swept, and scrubbed, and dusted; and she rubbed up the furniture with beeswax, and polished her little tin spoons. Mrs. Tittlemouse followed him with a dishcloth, to wipe his large wet footmarks off the parlor floor. I really love the inclusion of the home aspect, and that home is a persons’ (or animals) sanctuary. I know it certainly is for me. It makes you appreciate taking pride and pleasure in your home. The illustrations are always beautiful and charming.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment