276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Twilight Saga Collection

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Butler, L Lee (November 24, 2009). "Twilight and Abusive Relationships". ALA . Retrieved November 21, 2011. The author and the series' popularity are often compared with J. K. Rowling and Harry Potter. [40] [62] Describing the fan following of the books, the Phoenix New Times wrote, "Meyer's fandom is reminiscent of Harry Potter mania." [46] The Daily Telegraph described Twilight as the "spiritual successor to Harry Potter". [63] Rebekah Bradford of The Post and Courier stated that the series has a "huge crossover appeal much like the Harry Potter books before them." [64] According to the Daily Telegraph, "Stephenie Meyer, in particular, has achieved incredible success across all the English-speaking nations and Europe and many will say that her Twilight series has filled the hole left by Harry Potter." [65] Meyer has responded to such comparisons, saying, "It's terribly flattering to be compared to her, but there's never going to be another J. K. Rowling; that's a phenomenon that's not gonna happen again", however noting that "you can compare my fans to her fans more easily [than me to her]. I do think that we both have people who are just really really enthusiastic, and will come miles to see you and be involved, and everybody really cares about our characters." [66] A store catering to tourists interested in the Twilight series in Forks, Washington. This is so nostalgic. I am still having that stupid smile every once in a while when the story is sweet. I do not hate this. I enjoy this more than I’d like to admit. But I will say that the beginning of this book wasn’t as bad as I expected, mainly because Edward was barely there and he was getting his way with marriage so there was nothing for him to complain about. The second part, Jacobs's narrative, is good though. I enjoyed that part a lot. He felt more like ”himself” in that part, in comparison to the other books. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN Part 2 Gets Released November 16, 2012". Collider . Retrieved November 28, 2012.

When Isabella Swan moves to the gloomy town of Forks and meets the mysterious, alluring Edward Cullen, her life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. With his porcelain skin, golden eyes, mesmerising voice, and supernatural gifts, Edward is both irresistible and impenetrable. Up until now, he has managed to keep his true identity hidden, but Bella is determined to uncover his dark secret. I think the theme throughout all of the books was love and sacrafice. Of course in each book they have other small themes. In the first book one theme would be everlasting love, because Bella falls in love with Edward even though he is a vampire. And in the third book a theme could be Good vs Bad because the Cullens try to kill all the bad vampires. I think the subject of the book was to show that anyone can fall in love. I think that Stephanie Meyer wrote this book because she wanted to write a love story but with an unusual twist. It was mainly to entertain. These books were an overall success because they have been made into million dollar movies and are a household name. StephenieMeyer.com | Twilight series | Other Projects. Archived from the original on October 5, 2008. Angela Aleiss, "Mormon Influence, Imagery Runs Deep through Twilight", Religion News Service, June 23, 2010. Debarros, Anthony; Cadden, Mary; DeRamus, Kristin; Schnaars, Christopher (January 6, 2010). "Best-Selling Books: The top 100 for 2009". USA TODAY . Retrieved May 27, 2011.Instead, I was ivory-skinned, without even the excuse of blue eyes or red hair, despite the constant sunshine. I had always been slender, but soft somehow, obviously not an athlete; I didn't have the necessary hand-eye coordination to play sports without humiliating myself - and harming both myself and anyone else who stood too close.

At several points in the series Meyer attempted to use long, difficult words to make the book more adult, probably with the hope that tween girls would skip them rather than run to the dictionary, because most of those words were used incorrectly and in the wrong context. This itself is one problem I cannot ignore. All authors should have this unspoken rule: "If you don't know what it means, for heaven's sakes don't use it!"Valby, Karen (July 18, 2008). "Stephenie Meyer: Inside the 'Twilight' Saga". Entertainment Weekly. No.1002. Archived from the original on November 5, 2014 . Retrieved December 7, 2008. The legions of readers who are hooked on the romantic struggles of Bella and the vampire Edward will ecstatically devour this third installment" - Publishers Weekly felt like a repeat to me. Secondly, that she would put herself in danger just to "hear" Edwards voice, it was difficult to accept. I think the last section of the book with the Volturi was very entertaining and redeemed the book in my eyes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment