276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Olympus PEN E-P7 Camera Kit, 20 MP Sensor, 5-axis image stabilisation, tilt HD LCD, 4K, Wi-Fi, color and monochrome profile control, silver incl. M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm EZ black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In addition to these familiar modes, the Pen E-P7 also has a selection of Color/Monochrome Profiles that are accessed via the dedicated switch on the front of the camera. It’s not possible to access the Picture Controls or Art Filters via this switch.

I just don't see something special to this camera . I think that the Panasonic GX9 is a better choice for family/travel/Street photography. With the included pancake lens (14-42mm) attached, it's a rather small camera by any mirrorless standard too. That particular lens does extend electronically when switching the camera on - its zoom is electronically barrel controlled too - to make it somewhat larger, but stowed away it's pretty neat. Face and eye-detection AF works extremely well, Model: Lucy Woodroffe, 1/80s, f/2.0, ISO800, 45mm f/1.8 lens, raw to JPEG conversion using ACR.

Ease of Use

As for the EP7- if you like small and don't need an EVF you will love. If you must absolutely have an EVF then skip.

The E-PL7 has a more traditional rangefinder-style body, complete with a built-in grip, rather than the older models' screw-in ones". Why did Olympus eliminate the larger grip option? Hello, I received my E-P7 just last week and have been enjoying it. I've never used the legendary PEN-F's (analog or digital), but I did have E-PL9 and I can say this is an upgrade to that camera. On the surface, it just looks like it rehashed a bunch of features from other cameras. However, it's most notable feature is its weight at just 337g (including battery). It's significantly lighter than ALL current PEN or OMD cameras, yet it has the legendary 5-axis IBIS. The other two notable features are the creative color features from the PEN-F and twin dials. Finally, it offers excellent 4k video, something the PEN-F never had. I am working on a new article about how to edit with Workshop. Thinking about the enhanced raw file and extending the image-taking process into your home is an interesting concept. You still have full access to the color creator and the monochrome profile via Workspace...Indeed, the improved AF is particularly noticeable when recording video; gone is the hunting and pulsing of Olympus' older contrast AF system, with much more honest autofocus that makes this a realistic proposition for straightforward content creation and filming vlogs up to 4K 30p.

In performance terms, the E-P7 does perfectly well, but compared to 2021's best-of-best it's not quite on par. So it'll depend on what you want to use this camera to shoot. If you have one of the Panasonic pancakes- like the 20mm F1.7 - it's a great combination for portability but with Olympus you have to first half-shutter to AF, wait for the AF to happen then finish the press. Otherwise you will get a lot of shots out of focus.However, for those who want to go a bit further, you’ll also find advanced options on the mode dial, including semi-automatic and manual modes. The other two top dials can be used to adjust settings such as exposure compensation, shutter speed or aperture, depending on the mode you’re shooting in. Thanks for the reply. It would seem that the E-P7 is certainly light enough, but it's not GM1 light or size. The E-P7 is for the person who has 1 camera that's usable and could be taken anywhere. I have a GM1, but the camera is a little fiddly for me- the E-P7 isn't and even compared to any PL- series PEN, it's much better with that extra dial and an extra customisable button. Also, it's better built than the PL PENs. In the Advanced Photo Modes you can find an HDR mode if you wish to capture additional dynamic range, or you can also use the raw files for processing in programs like Photoshop, or in-camera with the built-in raw editor. For better IQ in the same price-range or even better price , go for APS-C sensor, and here is a list of most of people are buying: Congratulations Steve, this is exciting news. I love to see more and maybe a short article or video to inspire others...

Purely in terms of the images it produces, the E-P7 delivers results on par with the PEN-F or the E-M10 Mark IV. Photographs are rich, detailed and defined no matter what lenses you're using. The body is obviously tailor-made for the M.Zuiko 14-42mm EZ Pancake lens, and it squeezes every last ounce of resolution out of that overperforming slice of wonderglass.

A stunning travel camera with old-school specs

I will be frank though. This camera is sold for too much for what it is at 899 euros with the kit lens (plastic body, no PDAF)... I didn't pay that though. I took advantage of the 899 euros with kit and 75mm 1.8. With that deal, it was definitely worth it for the video and ability to fiddle with colors (again, in video). I've dumped the idea of shooting jpeg- DXO PL5 ruined it for me, in a good way (ISO 3200, no problem and it looks like ISO 200). They pushed PL slightly upward with specs and price, which is a good move, because people like me (possibly switching from a DSLR, expecting decent and swift operation) will at least consider buying the camera. Grrrrr......if only Oly had put a mode dial on the PM2 (and a 4:3 screen) we wouldn't need the PL7! I was fairly proud of my E-PL5, but with the current marketing, I should feel embarrassed to ever pull it out."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment