276°
Posted 20 hours ago

GIANTS Biscuit 78g x14 per case (Custard Cream Vanilla Flavour)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you are wondering what a doughnut cake matches compared to regular doughnuts, then think 8 in 1.

Make the crème au beurre. Tip the sugar into a small pan, add 2 tablespoons of water and bring it to the boil. Boil the mixture until the temperature on the sugar thermometer reaches 115°C/239°F. Or if you fancy something a little more ambitions we have a set of giant classic biscuits from a giant jammy dodger to a giant custard cream.This giant doughnut cake must be the laziest way ever to make a cake in the air fryer and without a cake box mix in sight. Bake the biscuits for 15-20 minutes until just starting to brown around the edges. This dough is a typical custard cream dough and is very weak, it will get stronger as it cools so leave it to cool fully in the baking trays respectively. If you want it harder bake for longer although it is likely to brown / be more crunchy and less authentic. Foil could be used to stop it burning but keeping to the steps above makes it taste melt in the mouth and super authentic! To transform yours into a jam doughnut cake, slice in half and load with strawberry jam and cream. Then glaze with icing as usual. Air Fryer Cake Doughnut Glaze Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a flat disc, then wrap and chill them for 1 hour. Make the biscuits. Beat the butter and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the beater, on medium speed for 2-3 minutes, until light and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and thoroughly mix.

Whilst the biscuits are cooling down make the filling. Cream together the icing sugar, butter, custard powder and vanilla extract with a wooden spoon until smooth. Dollop the filling onto one cooled half (the non design side unless you want to do the design both sides!) and place the design side biscuit on top. Be careful when doing this as they are delicate even when cooled, the video shows how I got the out the pans by flipping onto a board. Seal the edges with additional buttercream if needed and smooth out where needed. Slice up and store in an airtight container for up to 10 days!I love to have my giant doughnut cake glazed with pink icing and plenty of sprinkles. Or as us Brits would call it 100’s and 1000’s. Step 2 On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a rough circle just smaller than the tin. Transfer to the prepared tin and use your fingers to press the dough so it spreads to evenly fill the base of the tin. Using a 6cm round cutter, stamp out and discard a circle from the middle of the biscuit. Chill for 30min.

I prefer turning my giant doughnut cake into a jam cake. I was born in England and grew up eating Victoria sandwich sponge cakes. I always loved that amazing jam and cream filling. It was such a long time ago and when I got a few sent over this summer, the giant doughnut cake is what I was most excited to use. Mix in a bowl 240ml/1 cup of icing sugar with 3Tbsp of whole milk. Mix well with a teaspoon of vanilla essence until you have a glaze. When you make a doughnut cake it will be the same taste and texture as a regular doughnut just in a bigger form. A cake doughnut or a giant cake doughnut is essentially a large doughnut. Instead of rolling out your doughnut dough, you load it into a doughnut mould.My doughnut dough that I can normally get 8 doughnuts out of, instead makes one giant one. Difference Between Doughnut & Cake? Step 5 Meanwhile, make the filling. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, icing sugar and custard powder with a handheld electric whisk until light and fluffy. A little at a time, gradually add the butter, whisking continuously until incorporated. Spoon the crème au beurre into the piping bag fitted with the medium plain nozzle and chill it until you're ready to assemble the biscuits. However, a doughnut is essentially a bread dough that has been modified for doughnuts, whilst a cake mix is much wetter and tastes somewhat different. Air Fryer Doughnut Mould

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment