276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We are all our own worst haters and doubters becase self doubt is a natural reaction to any bold attempt to change your life for the better. You can’t stop it from bloomming in your brain, but you can neutralize it, and all the other external chatter by asking, What if? it’s not the external voice that will break you down. It’s what you tell yourself that matters. The most imiportant conversations you’ll ever have are the ones you’ll have with yourself. You wake up with them, you walk around with them, you go to bed with them, and eventually you act on them. Whether they be good or bad. when it comes to mindset, it doesn’t matter where other people’s attention lies. I had my own uncommon standards to live up to.

Everything in life is a mind game! Whenever we get swept under by life’s dramas, large and small, we are forgetting that no matter how bad the pain gets, no matter how harrowing the torture, all bad things end.” Human beings change through study, habit, and stories. Through my story, you will learn what the body and mind are capable of when they’re driven to maximum capacity, and how to get there. Because when you’re driven, whatever is in front of you, whether it’s racism, sexism, injuries, divorce, depression, obesity, tragedy, or poverty, becomes fuel for your metamorphosis.” Goggins’ journey from enduring abuse at the hands of his father to becoming one of the mentally strongest individuals is a testament to his resilience and determination.

The Five Big Ideas

In a society where mediocrity is too often the standard and too often rewarded. There is an intense fascination with men who detest mediocrity, who refuse to define themselves in conventional terms, and who seek to transcend traditionally recognized human capabilities. This is exactly the type of person BUD/S is meant to find. The man who finds a way to complete each and every task to the best of his ability. The man who will adapt and overcome any and all obstacles. According to Goggins, like a car with a governor that places a ceiling on the car’s performance, we, too, have a governor that impedes us from reaching our true potential.

By the time I graduated, I knew that the confidence I’d managed to develop didn’t come from a perfect family or God-given talent. It came from personal accountability which brought me self respect, and self-respect will always light a way forward.” Before eating a cookie as a child, Goggins always took the time to admire it first as a way of practicing gratitude. Today, “The Cookie Jar” is a concept he employs whenever he needs a reminder of who he is and what he’s capable of. Throughout the book, Goggins recounts his struggles and triumphs, presenting a challenge for readers at the end of each chapter.After you’ve had a taste, I’m sure you’ll be ready to dive headfirst into “ Can’t Hurt Me“. A Life Story That Defies Imagination I ran as fast as I could for as long as I could, from a past that no longer defined me, toward a future undetermined. All I knew was that there would be pain and there would be a purpose. And that I was ready. The reason I embrace my own obsessions and demand and desire more of myself is because I’ve learned that it’s only when I push beyond pain and suffering, past my perceived limitations, that I’m capable of accomplishing more, physically and mentally – in endurance races but also in life as a whole.

By the time I graduated, I knew that the confidence I’d managed to develop didn’t come from a perfect family or God-given talent. It came from personal accountability which brought me self respect, and self respect will always light a way forward.Blinkist: Pressed for time? Join 7 million people who savour reading book summaries. Give Blinkist’s 7-day free trial a try and explore a world of condensed knowledge.

And never forget that all emotional and physical anguish is finite! It all ends eventually. Smile at pain and watch it fade for at least a second or two. Remembering what you’ve been through and how that has strengthened your mindset can lift you out of a negative brain loop and help you bypass those weak, one-second impulses to give in so you can power through obstacles. We can always become stronger and agile, mentally and physically. We can always become more capable and reliable. Since that’s the case we should never feel that our work is done. There is always more to do.

ABOUT THE BOOK

His story is devoid of self-pity and excuses, showcasing a man of unwavering resolve who continuously pushes himself beyond his limits to become a true warrior. Why am I here?” If you know that moment is coming and have your answer ready, you will be equipped to make the split-second decision to ignore your weakened mind and keep moving. Know why you’re in the fight to stay in the fight! I had hit the wall many times before, and I had learned to stay present and open minded enough to recalibrate my goals even at my lowest. I knew that staying in the fight is always the hardest, and most rewarding, first step. In the military, we always say we don’t rise to the level of expectations, we fall to the level of our training… Goggins coined the term “Taking Souls” after motivating himself to push him and his team harder as a means of getting inside his instructors’ heads.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment