276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Manual for Being Human: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The first part of any manual usually looks at how your machine has been put together and includes a diagnostic for problems. In AMFBH we started by looking at everything that made us the person we are - childhood, friendship, grief and loss, social media. The text is broken up with questions and exercises which make this really accessible as well as being helpful and illuminating. This part of the book can be tough - it’s revealing, unsettling, fascinating..but it can make you feel quite vulnerable. You can’t skip through this bit - its like trying to mend your machine without knowing what the problem is. This is about really understanding yourself and how you work. Dr Sophie Mort, ‘A Manual for Being Human.’ The book is separated into 3 concise sections: A Manual for Being Human, Part One: How You Got Here Credit: Photographer, Emily Hlavac Green This awe-inspiring book focuses on human experience. It is brimming with prompts, theories, techniques and tips for you to apply immediately. Reassuring, knowledgeable and kind, Dr Soph offers support to those feeling lost at sea in today’s troubling times and gives you the tools you need to help get the most out of life. An incredible manual to navigate these testing times, Dr Soph is compassionate, knowledgeable and kind - this book is for everyone who wants to live the life they deserve.' -- Elizabeth Uviebinene, author of Slay in Your Lane and The Reset

Do you want to understand how your childhood affects who you are today? How it affects your relationship with yourself and others? How school, bullying, gender expectations and even the social media you consume each day affects your emotional wellbeing? Do you want to know what your emotions actually are, where they come from and how to manage them when they threaten to overwhelm you? In the first two sections of the book, she explains complicated concepts like attachment, the psychological impact of prejudice/discrimination, as well as the ins and outs of emotions. She then takes this and steps you through a different way of approaching yourself. The last section is full of empirically-supported strategies like mindfulness, journaling, and breathing. She creates guides for each that are easy to follow. Should you be experiencing difficult times, or simply wish to feel more in control, ‘ A Manual for Being Human’ is a must-read! We reviewed this book and concurred wholeheartedly that it is a Godsend. It will help you to understand yourself and your relationships (all without paying a fortune for the privilege). Get ready for a happier life! A Manual for Being Human FAQs Credit: Photographer, Emily Hlavac Green This book was life-changing. There is no other way I could put it. It was kind of scary yet eye-opening and very insightful.

Do you want to believe in yourself and your ability to be content with who you are? If the answer is yes, then A Manual for Being Human is the book you need to read. Our lives are largely made up of our circumstances. These circumstances are often based on the choices we make. The choices are dictated by the perceptions we hold. The perception is shaped by the people we meet, and people who raise us and society in general. Being a human is complex. And this book would help you embrace your complexity than see it as an obstacle! There is a damn good reason why people are struggling. We are not raised to understand ourselves. In fact, we are raised misunderstanding ourselves and fearing the very thing that makes us, us.’ A Manual for Being Human by Dr. Sophie Mort, a self-help / personality development book based on various principles of psychology and personality development. Ever read so many Psychology books but had difficulty in understanding the principles or thought nothing makes sense?

It is still not easy to talk about all of them, but I have started a very private diary where I did some of the exercises that were shared in this book, as well as poured my heart out. I received a pre-publication version of this book in preparation for my upcoming interview with Sophie. She is a professional colleague. There was no expectation that I write a review of her book.) A Manual for Being Human is the motherlode, enlightening on why you might feel and behave how you do.' The Times

Table of Contents

This section looks at how you became the person you are today. From the moment we enter the world and onwards, it aims to help you identify issues arising from your past and current life, that cause concern or distress. A Manual for Being Human, Part Two: What’s Keeping You Here Credit: Photographer, Emily Hlavac Green Additionally, it provides an array of lightbulb moments to help you better understand previously incomprehensible emotions. Once you have read this book you will at the very least have a solid grasp on why experiences that should be long forgotten still cast shadows over the present. You are guaranteed to feel more in control and confident as you move forward in life. Finally! A book which takes psychological wellbeing across the lifespan out of the therapy room and into the mainstream. Dr Soph's warm, reassuring and frank style will have you understanding yourself, your actions and your relationships without a hefty therapy price tag.' Absolutely brilliant. A gold mine of coping skills to get us through life. I will be keeping copies in my therapy room and my own home. Do not skip this one.' -- Dr Julie

Through her book, Dr Soph manages to not only help us understand ourselves better but shares the therapeutic tools we can put in place to make life a little easier too. Insightful and robust and yet also, warm and personal, this book will stay with me for years.' -- Lucy Sheridan, author of The Comparison Cure Dr. Sophie remarks on the years she spent witnessing just how inaccessible therapy is for the masses. She points out the concerning fact that many problems are left to fester. People end up in therapy after suffering long-term anguish. Often, this is due to not accessing the fundamental coping strategies and ideas that are obvious to psychologists.In diesem Abschnitt geht es darum, die ganz normalen Verhaltensmuster, schlechten Angewohnheiten und ungünstigen Kreisläufe zu erkennen, in denen man vielleicht gefangen ist und die möglicherweise hinderlich für einen selbst sind. Hier greift die Autorin ganz verschiedene Themen auf. Unter anderem auch die Liebe oder wie sich (Online)Dating auf unser Leben auswirkt. Vor allem in diesem Abschnitt konnte ich mir sehr viele wichtige Dinge markieren und allgemein sehr viel für mich mitnehmen. Denn die Autorin geht in diesem Abschnitt, so gut es geht, in die Tiefe, ohne sich zu verlieren oder zu wenig gesagt zu haben. Natürlich hätte ich mir hier und da mehr Informationen gewünscht, aber das hätte womöglich auch den Rahmen gesprengt. Psychology at its most accessible and usable! Sophie takes us on a journey through our lives to make sense of how we think, feel and behave then helps us build a strong path to go forward and live our future lives well.' -- Dr Emma Hepburn, author of A Toolkit for Modern Life: 53 Ways to Look After Your Mind The main aim of this new book is to improve psychological well-being. Dr. Sophie’s expert knowledge and genuine desire to help others makes this book hugely impressive. A Manual for Being Human is the motherlode, enlightening on why you might feel and behave how you do.' * The Times * Dr Soph is the therapist and best friend that the world deserves. The world of therapy and professional help is still so inaccessible to so many people and this book is a crucial and life changing one that should be placed in everyone’s mental health toolkit!' Scarlett Curtis

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment