276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Olive Tree: The bestselling story of secrets and love under the Cyprus sun

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As a young woman, Helena spent a magical holiday at Pandora, a beautiful house in Cyprus – and fell in love for the first time. Things change when William’s friend Sacha and his family are due to be staying with them as Helena with the help of a certain someone get the dilapidated house into a liveable condition.

Me alegra tanto de volver a leer Lucinda Riley y ahora que no está, es cuando más hay que disfrutar de su obra para recordarla.I didn’t need an insufferable 13 year-old narrator displaying misogynistic traits who felt compelled to imagine a future in which he fully controls his current love interest’s actions.

Both Helena and Alex know that life will never be the same, once Pandora’s secrets have been revealed . Es cierto que ya no vivimos en una época donde los personajes protagónicos tienen que ser siempre moralmente correctos y ninguno lo es, a excepción de los más pequeños. DISCLOSURE: Thank you to Waitomo District Library for the loan of the audiobook of The Olive Tree by Lucinda Riley for review. The diary may have languished on a shelf for ten years but once Alex starts reading it is like the years slipped away and he is back there present in that fateful summer when revelations changed everything he believed to be true. As old and new friends cycle through Pandora over the summer, Alex falls in love for the first time, and Helena’s past collides with her present with an unexpected revelation that generates an explosive fallout.I have to say, I couldn’t put this book down, it was gripping in such a beautiful and well thought out way, with all the twist’s and turn’s in which the story took. She begins to wonder despite inheriting the house is there a reason why now at this point in time everyone is gathering? El secreto de Helena ha sido una lectura llena de incognitas, con una trama que transcurre en Chipre.

Lucinda Riley has written The Olive Tree with so much passion and pure raw emotion, that I became gripped by the story as it unfolds. There is also an interesting discussion between the two at the end of the audiobook where they discuss Lucinda’s writing. And she promises that one day, I will have to crouch down to see my face in the water-splashed mirrors such as this one. Brimming with the colour, atmosphere and sultry heat of beautiful Cyprus, this is a gripping story about family relationships across all generations, the ties that bind us with sometimes invisible cords and the complex nature of ‘family’ in the modern world . Brimming with the colour, atmosphere and sultry heat of beautiful Cyprus, this is a gripping story about family relationships across all generations, the ties that bind us with sometimes invisible cords and the complex nature of 'family' in the modern world .With The Seven Sisters series, which I began writing five years after The Olive Tree, mythology is much more in the foreground and important for the plot, whereas in The Olive Tree, I used it to add to the atmosphere and narrative. Die Geschichte wird aus verschiedenen Perspektiven erzählt, man liest viel aus der Sicht des Sohnes, der zwar manchmal recht altklug erscheint, aber eben doch viele kindliche Züge hat. I did not feel as much as i did in those other Lucinda Riley books i have read and i got the vibe that i had read this before somewhere. Lucinda had already proven she can do historical fiction to an excellent standard but now she has shown more contemporary novels are quite clearly her forte too. I savoured this book as I wanted it to last, I added the audiobook and was touched as Lucinda Riley narrated it with her son Harry Whittaker.

Al principio tenemos a Álex que en 2016 llega a Pandora y al encontrar su viejo diario comienza a recordar lo que ocurrió 10 años atrás, en aquel verano y esta contado en primera persona, son unos meses de descubrimientos, situaciones dolorosas, un primer amor, recuerdos del pasado e incluso aventuras. Para mí Lucinda escribiendo roza la perfección, porque si bien un libro hay que saberle escribir bien, que ella lo hace divinamente, además tienes que saber llegar al lector y esta mujer lo consigue, llega al lector muy fuertemente, por lo menos conmigo lo consigue siempre. The Olive Tree is an engrossing tale that reminds us that life is often a messy journey complete with smiles, tears, happiness, and heartbreak. Son de estas novelas que es imposible no sentir, no emocionarse y que me hizo meterme de lleno en sus vidas como un personaje más del libro.And of course, being set in Cyprus, a country so full of Greek-inspired legends, I had a fantastic excuse to unleash my passion. Die Geschichte itself konnte mich nicht richtig faszinieren aber ich bin überzeugt, dass das nächste Buch wieder sehr gut wird . Lucinda Riley was born in 1965 in Ireland, and after an early career as an actress in film, theatre and television, wrote her first book aged twenty-four. To be fair, Lucinda Riley has been popping up on my radar for some time now, so when The Olive Tree was gifted to me at Christmas I was super excited to jump straight in. Pandora, Grecia, las costas de Chipre, donde conoceremos la historia de Helena, la bella Helena, que después de veinticuatro años, vuelve al lugar donde pasó un mágico verano, esta vez con su marido e hijos.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment