276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Passing the Baton: Managing the Process of Chief Executive Officer Succession

£11.995£23.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The introduction and first chapter was written to persuade church leaders to recognize the importance of training the church's next generations of pastors and teachers. By organizing this book into brief discussion on the twelve aspects of this investment process, Walker is both comprehensive and clear. The content and arguments presented in this book are directed toward church elders, potential future pastors and teachers, and every church member not called to church eldership. 4. Final Thoughts on Passing the Baton The pastor's responsibility is to (1) pray over this task, (2) plan for this task, (3) prepare to complete this task, and (4) pursue the work of this task. This is a shared investment on multiple levels. Men have different strengths, and not all current and future elders should share the exact same responsibility. Like-minded churches may want to partner and share resources with each other in this endeavor, and this may involve an outside seminary or theological institution as in Acts 19:8–10. I remember a football coach who used to yell at us during wind sprints, "Come on—my grandmother runs faster than you guys." This grandmother, Lois, ran pretty fast! She set such a mean pace that her grandson not only took hold of her faith, but he became a spiritual champion of his generation.

In 1 Corinthians at the start of Chapter 15, Paul is passing on “of first importance” what he received as the fundamental content of all Christian preaching. For fifteen years Timothy had been Paul’s companion and had accompanied him on his second and third missionary journeys (Romans 16:21; 1 Thessalonians 3:2 and Philippians 2:19–20). Paul mentored, trained, and discipled Timothy to pass wisdom on to him. Timothy, as well as others that Paul touched, were able to maintain the momentum of the early church. Inefficient baton passing will lead to slower race times and lower their enthusiasm for the relay as they struggle to “get it right”. I have great memories of running relay races from elementary school through intramurals at college. It is a prime example of teamwork and comradery. A relay race requires full participation from every member. Everyone giving it their all for their assigned section and then passing on the baton. It’s never the fastest runner or the last runner that wins the race. It’s the team that works together and trusts each other. Passing the baton with confidence and care is the most critical element.Read The Questions Below So You Have Them In Mind, And Then Read 2 Timothy 1-2, Journaling Your Thoughts. This morning, I'd like to consider how that transmission of faith takes place, both in the home and in the church. So I'll be speaking not just to fathers and mothers, but to grandfathers and grandmothers, to aunts and uncles, to neighbors, and to brothers and sisters in Christ.

What encouragement or challenge from Paul to Timothy concerning the gospel or your faith speaks to you today? Why?A successful baton exchange needs to be intentional and precise. It requires that both runners keep moving forward, stay within their lanes, and time the handoff appropriately. The passing can’t be too early, but also can’t take too long. It is an intricate balance. The expertise in the handoff is developed over hours of practice and thousands of repetitions. It’s a big responsibility to be a good role model for your kids. When you pass the baton to the next generation, you want them to grow up with the same morals and values.” This is an additional investment that pastors must make on top of their current responsibilities of praying and ministering the Word of God. As I see it, the challenge is: not how do you please the current attendees, but how do you pass the baton to the next people?" is a quote from the book Stories Between Us - Oral Histories from a Countercultural Congregation by Lena Rebecca Richardson. We pass the baton onto Korea for the next world games. We think they will make a fine host for the next event.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment