276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Columbo: Complete Series [DVD]

£39.56£79.12Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He threw in so many ad libs that the murderer’s frustration was often genuine … Peter Falk as Lt Columbo. The roast aired in early Feb 1978, about a week after “Murder Under Glass”, right about the time that Falk started to layer on the exaggerated Columbo schtick.

Oh, one more thing… it would be great if Kino-Lorber offered each set as either a standard or deluxe box. We first watched the videos you recommended and we’ve now bought them all and are starting from number one (we’re not on streaming platforms). The one extra above all else I hope is included is a first season Columbo opening sequence for the NBC Mystery Movie, with the silhouette Flashlight Man and Henry Mancini’s classic theme. Despite the inconsistencies, from episode to episode, and decoupling with reality on various occasions, Columbo is always entertaining!

It isn’t exclusively Columbo, but has a large section of Columbo facts, analyses, episode commentaries, et cetera. Due to unforeseen issues, we can no longer include all the new audio commentaries, essay and other extras we had produced for our upcoming Columbo: 1970s boxed set.

Martin Landau starred in one episode in a double role as identical twin brothers who committed murder together: "Double Shock" (1973). Columbo's wardrobe consisted of Peter Falk's own clothes, including the high-topped shoes and shabby suit. Each episode of Columbo is essentially a feature-length film, and for this release, there'll be commentary tracks for each episode, archival interviews, and feature contributions from Columbo experts Mark Dawidziak and Amanda Reyes. Columbophile on Facebook: The Lieutenant Columbo Facebook pagewas created in August 2015and has well over 10,000 followers!

As Columbo persists with his line of questioning later on in the episode, the audience gets a feel for what is going on. I really like some of those later episodes (and really don’t care for some of them) and would prefer having them in the original broadcast ratio. Thank you Kino Lorber and Columbophile and even if it’s in the 300 range the inclusion of special features makes it still a must have for me at least, in fact I’d expect it to be in that ballpark. The television show "Columbo" has got to be one of the most innovative shows ever to hit the small screen. The people producing these boxsets haven’t promised interviews or commentary from Spielberg or any of the stars who played murderers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment