276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Scotchgard Leather, Suede & Nubuck Protector, 1 Can, 300 ml - Water Repellent Spray, Helps Minimize Salt Stains - For Boots, Shoes, Coats, Gloves & More

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are few things more dispiriting than wearing a new pair of shoes on a bad weather day, then coming home and finding water stains or rings of road salt once they’ve dried. Although there are plenty of ways to deal with stains after the fact, the best strategy against water damage is prevention, especially for shoes you plan to wear often or in unpredictable weather. As with all waterproofing projects, don’t forget to lay down some newspaper before bringing out the sprays and polishes. Well-Ventilated Work Area If you’re dealing with suede shoes, fill them with paper or other absorbent materials. This step will ensure that you’re providing long-term absorption to the suede. Apply a clear protectant by holding the item about arm’s length away and giving it a good spray all over. The material will probably change color some, but don’t worry at all, that will go away.

Once you’ve gathered all your materials and found a suitable space to work, it’s time to begin waterproofing your suede. Here is our step-by-step primer. We think it’s the optimal approach! Clean the Surface If brushing and spot-cleaning your suede shoes hasn’t worked, the next step is to use a suede cleaner When it comes to looking after your footwear, the top tier suede protectors stand as reliable guardians of our most cherished possessions. These must-own products provide a crucial defense against life’s spills, stains, and wear, ensuring that our suede shoes always remain in tip-top shape. If a stiff brush or cloth effectively removed the surface grime to your satisfaction, there’s no need to wash your suede material. However, if there’s additional evidence of dirt on the suede which resists a brush or cloth, you can wash the especially dirty areas. Flaws but not dealbreakers: The brand suggests waiting around 12 hours for the spray to be totally effective, which is quite a long time. You’ll have to plan in advance if you know when you want to wear them.The common myth is that suede shoes are notoriously difficult to keep looking their best. However, don’t be put off as this really isn’t the case; whether it’s a new pair or you need to rejuvenate an old, at Cheaney, we’ve created a definitive guide on how to care for and protect suede shoes to ensure they remain in excellent condition for many more years of wear. For food stains, and other unknown stains, try white vinegar. Perfect for all sorts of cleaning around the home, white vinegar is a fantastic, eco-friendly, natural cleaner. Simply moisten a clean cloth with some vinegar – don’t soak it – and gently rub the stain. The white vinegar should break down the stain, and, unlike water, it doesn’t mark the suede. You may have to repeat the process if the stain isn’t fully lifted the first time around. Former Cut senior market editor Diana Tsui discovered Apple’s water repellent while searching for the right product to protect an “insanely expensive” Celine handbag from scratches and water damage. After trawling PurseForum and polling friends, “the overwhelming response was to choose Apple,” she says. “You’ll still need to use an umbrella but on drizzly days … the water rolls off easily, without staining. I once even spilled half an iced coffee down the front, without leaving a mark. Two years and many wears later, my beloved Céline bag looks almost as good as the day I bought it.” (She paired it with the brand’s leather care kit: “Since leather is a skin, you want it to be as plump and hydrated as your face” when you apply the spray, she says.) It’s preferable to apply less spray than you need per coat. Overapplication can risk spots or blotches on the suede surface.

But, it does need to be cared for and maintained, just as your other leathers do, albeit with a different process and set of products. The bristles in the brush in your standard leather care kit are usually a bit large to be working on suede, and you definitely don’t want to be using any polish/cream on the material, nor a wet cloth.Test on an inconspicuous part of the shoe first, as the spray may darken the colour of the suede ever so slightly, but it’s usually barely noticeable. After you’ve used your eraser, brush the suede once again, in a uniform direction. If your kit comes with a second brush (often called a “crepe” brush), use it here. 4. Spray For all the mix-ups and opinions about the durability and waterproof qualities of suede, the process of actually waterproofing it is remarkably straightforward. To assure your suede shoes, boots, bags, and coats are 100% ready to meet wet weather, there are only a few tools to collect. Prolonging the lifespan of suede doesn’t take too much effort at all.

Now you know how to clean suede shoes, how do you prevent future damage? When it comes to how to protect suede shoes, there are a couple of simple and effective methods. Versatile, efficient, and convenient are the superpowers of Kiwi Select All protector. This shoe protector spray is going to protect the footwear in your cupboard, imparting strength, and quality to them. Don’t let your style fade away with time, for the Kiwi Select All is rated among the top shoe-protector sprays for suede. Investing in a good quality suede brush is one of the most important tools when it comes to how to cleaning suede shoes effectively, as it is excellent for brushing off dried stains such as mud. Ensuring your shoes are completely dry, use your suede brush to gently brush away the dirt and grime in small motions with a light hand. If necessary, brush against the nap of the suede but always finish brushing in the direction the natural grain to maintain its smooth finish. You’ll want to avoid any silicone-based products, chemical additives, or anything that contains petroleums or resins. They will likely damage the fine, breathable suede leather surface.

When I’m not writing about men’s fashion, you’ll probably find me shopping for sneakers. And once I’m done shopping, I often spend every waking hour trying to save them from splashes, stamps, and scuffs. What I’m trying to say is, I know a thing or two about looking after shoes. The reality is much simpler: leather is a material made from the hide of any number of animals (cow, sheep, crocodile, etc.), and suede is formed through a process that can be applied to any of those leathers.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment