276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamers, All-in-One Amplifier and Network Player, MQA Full Decode, XMOS316 DSD512 PCM768kHz/32Bit Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD, 6’’HD Touchscreen, Exclusive App, Music Service and streaming

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I will say this right off the bat. I’ve heard a good amount of ES9038 DACs and I’ve come to the conclusion that designs with a really good implementation of a ES9038PRO or any ESS DAC will almost always have very little to no “Sabre Glare” that a lot of ESS DACs are known for in the audio community. That’s not to say that “Sabre Glare” is bad but that those who steer away from ESS DACs for that reason might want to give something like the DAC-Z8 a try.

The audio decoding of the DMP-A6 Master Edition is entrusted to two ESS ES9038 Q2M DAC chips, a high-performance model widely recognized by audiophiles. It also supports high-resolution audio streams up to PCM 32bit 768kHz and DSD512, as well as decoding of MQA files. LCD Touch Screen The DMP-A6 Master Edition can be controlled from a smartphone or tablet using the free Eversolo Controller mobile app. This will allow you to simply access your music while enjoying a remote interface for easy use from your sofa. Specifications Model The Eversolo performed skillfully as a transport using either coaxial or optical connections. It displayed the usual traits I associate with that task being expertly handled – convincing transient snap, precision imaging, impressive dynamic contrast, and a spacious soundstage. Despite the Eversolo being the least expensive component in the chain by a considerable margin, it never felt like a weak link. Switching to USB did make a noteworthy improvement in tonal density and dynamic scale, and I would thus choose that option ten times out of ten. That said, my experience is that the Aquarius DAC almost always performs better via USB than SPDIF, so I can’t say how much of this improvement lies with the Eversolo versus the DAC itself. This unit runs off a standard IEC cable, but the internal switch-mode power supply has a few tweaks to keep any mains noise at bay. This includes a choke filter alongside audio-grade components and it’s nice to see they didn’t forget the smaller details. The basic platform that underpins most Zidoo devices is more than up to the job of being a streamer so it should not be too much of a surprise to find that the Eversolo is similar to the Alpha players in terms of its core architecture. The platform is built around an ARM Cortex A55 processor and uses a customised Android 11 interface as the basic operating system. This is capable of reading content over a network or from an internal hard drive bay that supports drives up to two terabytes. No drive is supplied as standard in this instance.Clean, crisp, and detailed sound with a slightly forward presentation. It’s not overly analytical but is neutral sounding overall Eversolo has made an excellent streamer with well-implemented ESS DAC chips and an excellent pre-amp stage. The design of the streamer, and the layout of the menus are excellent and it really is a very impressive device for the money. AT A GLANCE

It has the control and agility to deliver... exactly the right level of intensity...the DMP-A6 would be comfortable fronting a very capable digital-only system if you need it too. The transport functionality is arguably even more impressive. First up we have the streamer side of things. The DMP-A6 accepts wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi to connect to the internet and once connected many devices will see it on the network and you will be able to start streaming straight to it. Personally, I use Roon as I have a core that has a mix of CD rips and Qobuz streaming and Roon found the DMP-A6 very easily and the whole connecting process was very straightforward. Functionally, this unit is better and easier to use and has an excellent informative screen which may be a boon if you are using it in a desk environment where its easier to see all the information.

Sound(overall)​

You can rip cd’s (just add comptable cd drive to usb OTG port or use another port with OTG cable), it finds the Album Covers. Neither am I done with the comparisons to the Neo Stream. I maintain that iFi has the best affordable MQA decoding in the industry but the DMP-A6 runs it very close which makes it a formidable option for Tidal Connect. There’s a certain irony that, just as MQA’s future is looking uncertain, hardware is hitting the market that manages to overcome some of my earlier reservations about how it sounds but, whatever happens, the DMP-A6 has you usefully covered in this regard. The DMP-A6's DAC settings offer 7 filters applicable to your music listening preferences. In addition, custom VU meters are available for on-screen display itself built into a sturdy, modern-looking aluminum chassis. Smart control app

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment