276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Zebra brush pen brush sign fine print P-WF1 by Zebra Pen

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The brush nib on the Zebra Mildliner seems to be made of fibre. This does give it a very sharp point but it will be interesting to see how the tip degrades over time from use. One of the things I noticed with the Tombow markers is that the sharp point on the brush nib would wear away as it was being used. I should warn everyone right now that this won’t be an unbiased review of the Zebra Mildliner Brush Pen. I already know that I love the Mildliner range. These pens have a nice design with a white body and some minimal markings on the side of the pen. It is possible to buy the Mildliner pens individually and I would recommend you do this if you have the opportunity. This way you can get the exact colours you want. This can be helpful if you have a specific colour scheme that you use in your bullet journal. I know the colours I use most often are red, yellow, blue and grey. One of the main reasons I originally bought the Mildliners was because of the colour choices. The Mildliners are technically a range of highlighters. But for the most part they don’t come in traditional highlighter colours. Zebra have released a set of regular Mildliners in fluro colours. But for the most part the Mildliners all have more muted or pastel shades.

The only downside with the Mildliner Brush Pens is that they can’t be refilled. When the ink runs out you have to buy an entirely new pen. However I’ve found that the ink lasts a good long time in the Mildliners. I bought my first Mildliners over three years ago and they haven’t run out of ink yet. The ink also hasn’t dried out which is much better compared to the Tombow pens. Brush nib I really like the Mildliner pens. They have become an essential part of my planning system. Maybe one day I will share how I use colour coding in my bullet journal. Its hard to say for certain if I will get more use out of the brush pens compared to the regular Mildliners. The main selling point of these Mildliners is the brush nib. I’m going to be honest here, I don’t like lettering with brush nibs. I find it really hard to do calligraphy with brush nibs. It has taken me a long time to figure out the right way to hold the pen and get the right pressure on the paper. I love the colours that the Mildliner brush pens come in. But I won’t lie when I say this is because I hate using fluorescent highlighters. Yes I still have some unresolved trauma from my high school days. The right pen can do wonders for your writing, especially if you want to leave a lasting impression. Similarly, the right handwriting pen for school can make such a difference for children when just learning to write or building their confidence. There’s so much a quality pen can do, so shop our range today!Saying all that. I have found it much easier to create pieces of lettering using the Mildliner brush pens compared to the Tombow markers. The brush nibs on the Tombows are very similar to the Mildliners so this may have come from experience rather than the nib being better. But you don’t need to worry too much because its pretty obvious which end is the brush nib. You also don’t have to worry about confusing the regular Mildliner with the brush pen version. The Mildliner Brush Pen has a brush shaped cut out on the pen clip. It also has a clear cap so you can see the brush nib through the cap. MORE LIKE THIS: Lamy Safari Fountain Pen Review

If you’re looking for some sort of highlighter or marker and don’t want the regular fluorescent colours I would highly recommend you take a look at the Mildliners. They come in a great range of colours and are much easier on the eyes compared to fluro. A few months ago I wrote a review of the Zebra Mildliners. I love these highlighters and use them all the time in my bullet journal. But something I learned while researching that post was that Zebra makes a brush pen version of the same highlighter. A little while ago I randomly came across the Zebra Mildliner Brush Pen set in a shop and had to try them out.

Penorama newsletter

That was my review of the Zebra Mildliner brush pen. I’ve loved the Mildliner range for a long time, so it was fun getting to try out something new. These pens have also made me realise I don’t hate brush lettering with a large nib as much as I thought. But it may just be that I’m a lot better at brush lettering now. If you already own the regular Mildliners maybe buy one or two in your favourite colours to try out. If you’re just thinking about buying a set of Mildliners maybe take a look at my review of the Mildliner markers and think about what you will get most use out of. The Zebra Mildliner Brush Pens come in 15 different colours. These colours come in three different sets. Fluorescent colours, warm colours and the set I bought is called cool & refined colours. The Mildliners can be bought in sets of 5 but it may also be possible to buy a set with all 15 colours. MORE LIKE THIS: 6 Pens I Love For Bullet Journaling The exact number of colours in the Mildliner range seems to vary as Zebra adds new colours. I believe the regular Mildliners have more colours in its range. But the Mildliner brush pens come in the same colours as the regular Mildliners. This means that the ink will be the same too. The ink in the Mildliners feels more like a highlighter compared to a regular marker pen. It should be noted that the colour isn’t as vibrant compared to something like the Tombow. It will be down to preferences if you like this.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment