276°
Posted 20 hours ago

WRC 9 (Nintendo Switch)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Still, if you want a serious racing game on Switch, the WRC series is the way to go. And the latest entry, WRC 9, is undoubtedly the best. Though understand, the improvements on last year’s WRC 8 are incremental. Visually, you perhaps won’t even notice any difference, which is disappointing as WRC 8 really wasn’t a looker. In fact, compared to their more powerful console counterparts, you could call WRC 8 and WRC 9 on Switch ugly at times. So if you add all that to an already very good game, you simply get the ultimate WRC experience, the best rally game ever released on a handheld, period. Lots of features, topnotch gameplay, nice presentation for the Switch, it’s a 9/10 for me. Only complaint is how some shadows are handled on some stages, as they drawn right in front of the car, literally. While I don’t find it too distracting, if they could fix it that would be awesome. A photo mode!!!! I just love photo mode in videogames. This one is pretty nice, all the features you’d expect are there. You even have a showcase mode from the main menu, where you can select the car, weather, etc. and use photo mode. I attached a screenshot so you can get an idea of what’s possible. That is why I wanted to create this post, because I strongly think this game deserves more attention and I’m glad Kylotonn made this port.

You can still feather throttle sort of, but it doesn’t quite work in the same way. Just tapping a button to get across a slightly larger or smaller input is never going to really work. You can also tap the brake, but this can often make the car harder to control than easier. All in all, the Switch has a major problem for any high-level racing, and WRC 9 suffers because of it. Visuals & Audio — Caution!de Izokay, L'avis (31 August 2020). "Test: WRC 9: La paisible ligne droite de Kylotonn". Jeuxvideo.com (in French) . Retrieved 12 September 2020.

You’ll be along for the ride with the game’s different circuit categories - WRC, WRC 2, WRC 3, and Junior WRC - all of which offer up different ways of experiencing the high-octane races and strategies of the sport. Over 50 official teams (along with their official livery) are available for you to try out in the game’s 14 environments, over 110 special stages, three new rallies in Japan, New Zealand, and Kenya, as well as the special stages of Finland and Portugal rallies that were released as post-launch DLC. And let’s not forget the 15 legendary cars that are available as well. The Switch has to be the worst platform for rally games simply because of the audience it is aimed at (kids, casual gamers, long-time Nintendo fans, etc.) so it clearly falls under the “never heard of it” category on this system…Stefan, L. (20 March 2020). "WRC 9, WRC 10 and WRC 11 have all been announced, and they're coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X". thesixthaxis.com . Retrieved 6 May 2020. I’m quite surprised about the reviewers strong feelings about the trees and scenery visuals in general.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment