276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Nowhere Emporium: 1 (Kelpies)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Daniel Holmes is the protagonist of the story. He's an unlikely hero and a lovable one. I adored him. He was brave, he was clever and he was kind. He's an orphan boy who lost his parents in awful circumstances and the orphanage he's been placed in is a building devoid of friends, kindness and warmth. I also loved that he was a realistic kid, he made some silly mistakes but he had a heart of gold and I LOVED HIM OKAY. I felt a burst of happiness for Daniel when he was taken under Mr. Silver's wing and discovered a life of wonder and magnificence because the precious marshmallow really, really deserved it. You get to see a lot of cool things at the price of character development. I wanted more from their interpersonal relationships. The plot left me confused as to where characters stood with each other. I never got a strong emotional connection between Daniel, Ellie and Mr Silver. It's a story with all the classic elements of a good story: Mystery,magic,friendship and a nasty villain. HOWEVER, that hardly means this book is a rip-off of either of those books. Just because The Night Circus had magicians and magical rooms/venues, doesn't mean other books containing magicians and magic are necessarily rips-off of it. Similarly, just because Harry Potter featured a young boy who is introduced to a world of magic doesn't mean that this theme can no more be used in other books.

This Book was amazing! The incredible descriptive words had the reader on the edge of their seat. The characters really set this book apart from any other fantasy read. Personally, im not a big fan of fantasy and dislike it. This book was a school read and I loved it! The characters were so interesting and very different from each other. I found that the ending was cringy and predictable though. definitely worth reading! This classic good versus evil fantasy adventure builds on a fascinating idea of a world devoid of colour and joy. But there’s much more to it than that. Con: would be more interesting if the assistant can write more magical wonders in the book, two good tries and two unsuccessful tries for the entire book. Also, the book should not work for Sharpe guy, but yet, the water room seems to work just fine, too closely resemble The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern When the mysterious Nowhere Emporium arrives in Glasgow, orphan Daniel Holmes stumbles upon it quite by accident. Before long, the 'shop from nowhere' -- and its owner, Mr Silver -- draw Daniel into a breathtaking world of magic and enchantment.Overall, the book was amazing, it was just extraordinary. I’d do anything to be able to feel what I felt when I first started reading it.... Read Full Review I didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would. I felt there was lots of missed opportunities to give more details about the wonders within the shop.

I give this book 5/5 stars and recommend it for people who like fantasy and all ages can enjoy this wonderful book series. I’d have a library with every story ever written waiting on the shelves for me. But it would be a library with a twist: I’d be able to meet the characters from my favourite books face to face!The EEF’s suite of l iteracy g uidance reports offers evidence-informed recommendations. Three key principles from the Key Stage 2report that might help me here are: No joke, this book gave me all the feels. I teared up, I laughed, I felt anxiety, I felt wonder...I LOVED IT. Books that make me feel actual things are the best kind of books, you know.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment