276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Naughtiest Girl: Naughtiest Girl In The School: Book 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I really don't understand many of the changes to the text. For example, changing 'Mother' to 'Mum'. I always called my mother either 'Mummy' when little or 'Mum' as I got older, but it didn't bother me to read about someone else being called 'Mother'. At secondary school, having things thrown at you was very common or a very sharp snap of a ruler next to your hand on the table was pretty common.

Nora O'Sullivan, a monitor at Whyteleafe school, is a girl who upholds its traditions. She is very responsible, jolly and sensible, but does not look below the surface. Elizabeth gets into a lot of trouble with the sometimes unreasonable and strict monitor. Nora looks after the girls in dormitory 6 including Elizabeth, Joan, Ruth, Belinda and Helen. Nora is a strict but fair girl and hates it if the school's traditions are disobeyed. She is Irish. But I have also heard other less extreme experts say (quite reasonably, I think) that too much reliance on low-fat foods can actually contribute to obesity, because that food has had parts of it taken out, and so it's less filling and less satisfying, and thus we crave more, and eat more - and in the long run it makes us fatter than if we just ate an "old-style" diet. And maybe people in the old days were better at moderation, too: they may have had "fattening" foods, but only so much, and no more - whereas some today will stuff themselves full of whatever it is they like - with the quite expected results in the long run. Moderation seems to be less of a quality nowadays. The confiscation of the pupils' money and the doling out of 2/- each from the box was the basis for accusations of communistic practices which were rampant — at least around the Fifties. Some people didn't like the sound of it! Overall, the kids themselves didn't seem to mind but then children aren't all that political — it's mainly the parents and guardians who pass on any relative prejudice. We've talked about this for long enough, Joe' said his father. 'Now we'll see what a good slapping will do'. As Joe's mother fled up the path, the shed door was shut, and even the cat fled in panic, for Father's hand 'was very hard', and Joe yelled.Like Richard, John Terry is also a one sided boy, devoted to gardening and little else. Elizabeth and John have a very good relationship early in the book. John is fond of gardening, due to his and Elizabeth′s common interest in gardening, they become good friends, Elizabeth helping John with his gardening.

Enid Blyton's very funny school series follows Elizabeth Allen as she is sent away to boarding school and makes up her mind to be the naughtiest pupil there's ever been. Hilarious reading alone or aloud for ages 7 and up. A case in point regarding reprints is one which I pulled out of the bookshelf. It showed a picture of a little schoolgirl, with one eye closed, bending a ruler with a rubber held against it. She's about to flip the missile at Ruth who's sitting by the classroom window. The girl performing this naughty act is called Elizabeth Allen and she's the dominant character in a series which might very well equal the best of the revered school stories that were produced by Enid Blyton. The Naughtiest Girl in the School comes to an end — in story only of course, but there are follow-ups which will undoubtedly be welcomed by the many fans of Blyton stories that deal with life at Whyteleafe School far away in the heart of England. Spoilt, defiant Elizabeth Allen is furious when her parents decide to send her away to boarding-school. She makes up her mind to be thoroughly rude and disobedient, determined to be expelled by half-term.Robert is the main antagonist of the book, he was a bully because he had been jealous of his younger brothers, who has been given more attention, and everyone forgot about him. He is also fond of riding and is in charge of horses. He changes his attitude and becomes a friend of Elizabeth's. The Naughtiest Girl Again is the second novel in The Naughtiest Girl series of novels by Enid Blyton. It is about older and not-so-spoiled Elizabeth Allen is in her second term at Whyteleafe School. The next chapter is entitled — Elizabeth has a Bad Time and that's about it. Privileges have been taken from her, life is hard. There is a little respite when she is allowed to practice a piano-duet with one of the big boys whose name is Richard Watson even though her actual piano tutoring has been denied her whilst she is in disgrace. She wants to recover her privileges however so she makes an attempt at being a bit good and her class-mistress is delighted. Her friendship with Joan is growing and she's even expressed an interest in helping John Terry with the gardening.

Susan - Joan's friend and the girl who took Elizabeth's place as a monitor when she was stripped off the position in the middle of a termRichard Watson - A talented musician who plays both piano and violin beautifully and plans to become a famous musician one day. He played duets with Elizabeth at the school concert

I agree with Poppy's comment about wondering if whoever made such changes is just trying to make the story their own? If they think they could have done a better job, why haven't they written their own best selling novel? Elizabeth Allen is spoilt and selfish. When's she's sent away to boarding school she makes up her mind to be the naughtiest pupil there's ever been! But Elizabeth soon finds out that being bad isn't as simple as it seems ... Well, this time Dad and I have planned to go to Scotland," said Mum. " Just the two of us! You're all old enough to look after yourselves now, and we thought you'd love the chance to have a holiday on your own! But now that you can't go to Polseath, I don't really know where to send you." I then went home and then looked up all the telephone numbers of all the Blytons in Sheffield in the phone book. I remember there were a lot of Blytons.William and Rita are the head children at Whyteleafe School. They are very understanding and kind and firm in a way. They are well known and highly appreciated around the school. they are the judges at the school meetings and they are also looked up at by almost all the students. The trouble is that people have loved you too much. You are pretty, and merry, and rich, so you have been spoiled. People like the way you look, the way you smile, and your pretty clothes, so they fuss you, and pet you, and spoil you, instead of treating you like an ordinary child, But it isn't enough to have a pretty face and a merry smile — you must have a good heart too. Joan Townsend [ edit ] Yet another meeting is held and as always, it's interesting to see what moans and groans have accumulated over the week. Tarra-Tarra! Elizabeth gets a splendid report. She is granted extra money to buy the sea music that she heard the music-master playing when she had run off by herself after the first school Meeting and she's thrilled but she still makes it known that she desires to leave at the end of the term. This is a complicated problem and is discussed by the school in her absence. Even Miss Belle and Miss Best, the wise head-mistresses, contribute and a solution is worked out. Part of Elizabeth's dilemma is due to the philosophy she holds that it is a sign of weakness to change one's mind! Anita Bensoussane wrote:Are teachers allowed to use corporal punishment at your school, Ming? Pupils were caned when I was at school (though I avoided it, partly through behaving myself and partly through not getting caught if I didn't! ). However, caning was used sparingly and was abolished in Britain in 1987. I often find myself salivating while reading about the large variety of food-stuffs the Five consume throughout the 21 books (who doesn't?) and so decided to compile a 'food list' last time I read them all.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment