276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nama Vitality 5800 Cold Press Juicer

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If, on the other hand, you don’t mind spending a few extra minutes cutting up veggies and adding them to the juicer one at a time, or you’re looking for a slightly more affordable option, or you know that making sorbet is something you’ll want to do frequently (and you don’t have a food processor you could use instead), then the J1 will make juice that’s just as amazing. We tried out several juices in the Nama Vitality 5800, first off orange juice. Oranges need to be peeled and broken into smaller segments so they’ll fit into the feed chute. From 1.47lb / 667g oranges we got 0.13 gallon / 499 ml juice which is a good yield of almost 75%, meaning only 25% of the oranges ended up in the waste pulp container. The orange juice was very clear and smooth with absolutely no froth at all, an impressive result. Does that mean it's bad? No. Most certainly not. It is definitely a good juicer in spite of that result and if you've already bought one there's no need to worry, you haven't wasted your money. However, as per our analysis, it has 2 key weaknesses that put it behind the Hurom H400. Namely its parts warranty and juicing mechanism.

Nama’s customer service is super efficient and friendly, so that’s another plus (poor customer service is a huge deal breaker for me.) You don't even need to peel them if you don't want to, although depending on the fruit and veg you're using, the results can vary if you leave the skin on. For instance, if you leave the skin on oranges, it dulls the flavor of the juice somewhat, yet if you leave the skin on pears and apples, it makes no noticeable difference to the final results. Furthermore, the most obvious improvement from the Nama J1 compared to the Nama J2 is that the top of the juicer now allows you to add whole fruits which you previously would have had to cut into much smaller pieces. This means less prep time and less time spent monitoring the juicing process (although it’s actually fun to watch and doesn’t take much time to begin with). At the end of the day, only you can make the decision of which juicer is best for you. Based on the other juicers I’ve used, there aren’t any that I would recommend with the same confidence as Nama juicers, but there are other alternatives based on your needs or in case you decide to save up for a juicer: The Nama J1 Cold Press juicer However, given that this juicer is also one of the most attractive juicers I’ve tried, this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Design-wise, I think the Nama J2 has the perfect combination of modern aesthetics and 70s retro feel and I’m a really big fan, so I don’t mind it standing out. If it’s not to your taste, its size and shape may be a dealbreaker. PerformanceIf you're not already familiar with the Nama J2 and are looking to learn a bit about it, we'll begin by covering the features that have allowed it to gain such notoriety in the juicer world. The Nama J2 comes with two plastic containers – one for catching pulp and waste, and the other for collecting the juice. Despite how tall the Nama J2 is, the spout isn’t high enough to fit a regular glass underneath so this juice container goes from a nice-to-have to a necessity.

Thanks to its tiered design, the Nama J2 juicer uses a mixture of crushing and pressing to extract the juice. Not only does this system mean you get almost every last drop of juice from your fruit and veg, but it means the pulp has been squeezed and is, therefore, drier than in other juicers I’ve tried. This makes it easier to get rid of. That said, the phrase “I’m too poor to buy cheap things” comes to mind here. Because I couldn’t afford an expensive juicer at the time, I ended up buying several cheaper juicers over the years, the sum of which actually amounts to more than a brand-new J2 juicer. I know that that information still doesn’t solve the problem of how to come up with money you just don’t have. The juicer isn’t the fastest I’ve used. This is largely because it’s a masticating juicer rather than one that relies on centrifugal force, but it’s also deliberate because it reduces the amount of foam and froth it creates. Plus, it makes it a quiet juicer. Add whole or large pieces of fruit and veggies into the juicer. Our new hopper technology cuts and loads the produce for you, so you no longer need to feed one ingredient at a time. BATCH JUICINGWhile the precursor to the J2 juicer, the J1 juicer, allows you to make juice, smoothies, nut milks, and sorbet, the J2 “only” allows you to make juice, smoothies, and nut milks. The J1 might therefore be a better fit for you depending on your needs (more on that in the “J1 or J2?” section below). I’ve been using it for about a year now and this review is based on both my personal experience with it and the research I did while deciding which juicer might be the best option for me.If you’re looking for a great juicer, this might be the one for you. I’ve outlined both the pros and the cons below to help you make an informed decision. Nama J2 Cold Press Juicer Review The term “slow” in slow juicer is a bit misleading. If I knew nothing about juicing and juicers, I would think this meant that the juicing process will take me a very long time. But it’s used in contrast to centrifugal juicers that operate with a very fast motor and the difference in speed is minimal. Load your entire recipe and walk away, allowing you to multi-task in the kitchen. Make a delicious juice in minutes. LESS-PREP

The third tier is a large, tall hopper. This is where you layer your fruit and vegetables ahead of juicer or making smoothies. It's this hopper that gives the Nama J2 its height, and its large size is what lets you make large batches of juices containing multiple ingredients. This is another very important factor for me. I’m lazy by nature and simply cannot spend hours cleaning a juicer. Once I’m done juicing, I discard the dry pulp (you can compost it or freeze it to use in savory muffins or other recipes), and immediately rinse the different parts of the juicer. I then use a sponge and/or a brush (it comes with a small brush that looks a bit like a big tooth brush) and a little soap and warm water to clean it and then let it air dry. That whole cleaning process takes less than 5 minutes and feels easier compared to many other juicers I’ve used. Choosing a juicer (or any kitchen appliance) can be extremely confusing given the many options that exist. I’ve personally been juicing for over 10 years now and have used anything from a blender and strainer to a thrifted centrifugal juicer, to several kinds of slow juicers. After all these years, the juicer I now use and prefer is the Nama J2 Cold Press juicer. Obviously, this saves a lot of time as you don’t need to stand next to the Nama J2 feeding ingredients for 5 to 15 minutes. Instead, it does all the work by itself, making for a very smooth process that is undoubtedly a large factor in the Nama J2's popularity. The Nama J2 uses a mixture of crushing, chopping, and pressing the ingredients to extract the juice. Its auger spins relatively slowly, which is beneficial for a number of reasons. Firstly, it means the juicer takes its time to maximize the amount of juice that is extracted.

What People are Saying

You also don’t have to add different fruit and veg separately. Instead, the hopper allows you to layer your ingredients –with the softest ingredients at the bottom and the hardest at the top to weigh everything down – to create multi-fruit and veg juices with minimum effort. Despite the many moving parts, the Nama J2 juicer is also surprisingly easy to clean. First, it doesn’t get too clogged up or dirty during the juicing process. Centrifugal juicers tend to fling bits of fruit and veg everywhere, whereas the Nama J2 keeps it neat and contained.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment