276°
Posted 20 hours ago

PDP Wired Controller for Xbox One - Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The USB Cable itself is longer than I expected, to be honest. The wire is six feet long and it certainly won’t force users to sit as close to the TV as possible and force them to get their eyes burned off by the TV. The Left and Right Triggers have worked as well but I never thought highly of controllers that had Rotations in the Triggers rather than treating them as separate buttons for a variety of reasons. I don’t believe that having Triggers with outward/upward design is really that big of a deal in this situation. I am frustrated now every day having to recalibrate this controller in the HUB. I can't play my games requiring a controller setup; for some, I just prefer using the controller. With new dimmable Prismatic LED lighting available through full-color range LEDs, gamers can set their favorite color, cycle through the rainbow, or turn off the lights completely. The PDP Xbox controllers can work on a Windows PC. If the controller does not work immediately upon connecting to a PC, then you may need to update the official Microsoft drivers in your PC through Windows Update. The controllers work plug 'n' play with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, with the latest updates installed.

The best features of the PDP Xbox One Controller are definitely the ability to control the volume of the game you’re playing through the D-Pad. While it doesn’t work as a full-on remote (It only works with the Headsets) it definitely does its job quite well when I have my own headset plugged in to my controller. As for the controller itself? Well, it delivers on the promise that the skin is a Midnight Blue Matte skin that actually has a “See-through” thing going for it as you can also see the controller’s inner machinations.Includes a detachable 10 foot Micro USB cable for plenty of room to play with ease - easily charge other devices with this cable too! The only complaints I have about this controller range from the fact that the buttons are pained on rather than encased in plastic. Oddly enough, the Xbox Home button is actually encased in plastic which only makes me wonder why they couldn’t have given the face buttons (You know, the buttons the player is most likely to be using rather than the Home Button) the same treatment. This will ensure that the latest version of the firmware will be installed on the controller and you will also get the option to run diagnostics.

The Afterglow Wired Controller works on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 and is an officially licensed product. A typical infrared (IR) sensor is used on this remote. Since both the Xbox Series X|S (and older Xbox One models) all have an IR blaster, this makes this remote highly compatible. I’m pretty sure people have handled PDP Controllers before at least once in their lifetime. It’s certainly not an unknown series of products because of the whole Afterglow effect some of the controllers had ever since the PS3 and Xbox 360 days.To increase and decrease volume, hold the audio function button while pressing the D-Pad UP or DOWN. Meanwhile, the PDP D-Pad is more traditional looking and feels as comfortable as the WiiU Pro Controller’s D-Pad. It also properly responds to all of my motions. It does get my thumb a little bit hurt after an extended session of playing BlazBlue CrossTag Battle and Dragon Ball FighterZ but I don’t really bang my head against the wall for it. Third Party Controllers aren’t exactly a popular hot topic to talk about. For very good reason too,I as they seem like a 50/50 situation where you could either get something amazing or something extremely bad. I felt the same way when I got to review the Performance Design Products (PDP) Xbox One Controller. I should also mention that I loved the Aesthetic of the Controller itself. Never have I ever seen a controller with such an elegant skin like Matte Midnight Blue and the design of the controller itself is pretty comfortable for my hands.

The feature that’s most advertised in the PDP Xbox One Controller has to be the fact that you are allowed to control the Volume of the audio in the headset at any time. This is done by pressing and holding the button on the lower right side of the controller. Source: Daniel Rubino / Windows Central (Image credit: Source: Daniel Rubino / Windows Central) You should buy this if ... Press the triggers slowly, then fast, then alternate between the two triggers. Do this at least 3 times per trigger. To adjust the game/chat audio balance, hold the audio function button while pressing the D-Pad LEFT or RIGHT. The USB Cable is sturdy and stays connected to the Controller itself, so it allows for some rough pulling and it won’t come out or have a flimsy connection like other USB Type-C Cables I know. Which is also a huge plus for this controller because that means I won’t really have any situation where my controller accidentally disconnects while I was pulling it or something along those lines.

PDP's new $20 media remote for the Xbox One and new Series X|S cuts some buttons but seems overall improved.

To adjust the game/chat audio balance, hold the Function button while pressing the D-Pad LEFT or RIGHT. Light up your competition with the Afterglow Wired Controller for Xbox! With our signature Prismatic lighting and four different settings you can change the mode to match your mood. The problem with relying on an Xbox controller as your remote is the controller turns off. That means if you suddenly need to pause a movie on Netflix, you need to power it on, wait, and then do the action. With this remote, it never turns off, making it significantly faster. Being able to tweak the volume or even turn off your Xbox is just more effortless with a remote. Take a peek into the controller's clear polycarbonate housing, which reveals the controller's inner circuitry.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment