276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sennheiser G4me Zero Gaming Headphones with Microphone Black

£99.995£199.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s much more convenient than reaching for your amplifier’s or computer’s volume control. Both models showcase impressive positional sound quality, a comfortable design, and deliver accurate bass levels.

In a way, yes. But in another way, no. There's a little bit of history between the brand names and how it's all come to be under just the EPOS name now, but the bottom line is that Sennheiser's gaming audio has been folded into EPOS now - and the pedigree remains there. Game Zero comes in at a mid to high priced gaming headset and in a crowded competitive field needs to be Sound quality is quite good for these headphones, although I wouldn’t recommend them for solely listening. If your goal is gaming, with some light listening here and there, then these cans may be a fit for you. The Game Zeros are slightly more expensive, but present mostly the same view as seen with the Game Ones. However, some upgrades in the build quality set these cans just a notch above. Design and Build Thus, if you're really keen to get some Sennheiser audio quality into your setup but can't stretch to the larger price tags of the more premium headsets, then the GSP 300 is the right choice. Its compatibility with every device is a major plus, while it retains the Sennheiser excellence in audio (detailed sound, excellent surround/directional accuracy, and great overall richness). Its microphone is good too, though this won't be great for mobile players or for the commute as the mic is non-detachable and a little wobbly on the design front. The latter being a little weak point on the headset overall, actually, as it feels a bit wobbly in the hands.

volume

The Sennheiser Game Zero and the Game One share similar sound characteristics on paper. Both headphone pairs have a frequency response of 15Hz to 28000Hz, and their mics have a frequency response of 50Hz to 16000Hz. These earbuds boast the sort of audio quality you’d expect from the team at EPOS, whose hardware is on our top gaming headsets list, with deep bass, rich mid-tones, and fantastic directional audio making them as impressive playing games on your Switch or PS5 as they are listening to your favourite tunes through your phone. Plus, a charging case comes with the GTW 70 Hybrid that can give the earbuds up to a total of 20 hours of battery life. I liked the Sennheiser Game Zero, but I wanted to love it. There’s no denying that the headset is extremely comfortable and portable, and that it provides spectacular sound for competitive games. On the other hand, there’s also no denying that it overemphasizes (and sometimes distorts) voices, and its microphone alone is not worth the huge price spike over a comparable set of music headphones.

However, I encountered an oddity when I played The Witcher 3. While the music and sound effects reverberated across the rich soundscape, the voices sounded like they were coming from the bottom of a well. With other headsets that using immersive equalizations, I've noticed that they sometimes produce a funny, hollowing effect with voices, but since the Game Zero has no software, there’s no option to change things. I won’t say Witcher 3 was unplayable, but listening to quest dialogue was annoying instead of endearing, and I imagine that the same could hold true for other story-driven, dialogue-heavy adventures. The Game One is, counterintuitively, the more inexpensive of the two pairs. Despite that, it’s still a great pair of headphones, with excellent build quality and great sound to boot. Design and Build

Verdict

The starkest difference is likely due to the seal the upgraded ear pads create. The experience is more immersive, with sound effects creating a space much larger than the Game Zeros little brother. The Sennheiser GAME ZERO is a great audio device from a company with a known history of manufacturing excellent audio products. If you areinneed of immersive gaming headphones, the GAMEZEROis a strong candidate.

Unfortunately, there is little to no difference in sound quality. The Game Ones and Game Zeros are likely built using the exact same internals and, if there’s a difference between the two in terms of sound, I certainly can’t tell. Let’s get started with an in-depth look at what sets these two models apart. Sennheiser Game One vs Game Zero Comparison While it’s good, it’s certainly not the best for gaming. Sennheiser sits in between, not fully catering to either gamers or listeners. What’s left is something that does both decently, but neither great. While the build leaves a bit to be desired, the Game Ones are still a pair of headphones that looks good and is comfortable to wear. I would’ve liked to see more considering the price, but, overall, I can’t complain. Features Additionally, both the Zero and One from Sennheiser have a 50-ohm impedance. Due to their low impedance, they can be connected directly to your phone, laptop, desktop, or gaming console without the use of a preamp, DAC, or headphone amplifier.

Pros and Cons of the Game Zero and Game One

The EPOS GTW 70 Hybrid wireless gaming earbuds focus on offering a high-end audio experience for Switch and mobile gaming. The plush velvet material on the ear pads is gone too. Sennheiser ditched those in favor of a leatherette covering with triple-layer memory foam on the inside. This is not only much more comfortable but means the pads won’t get nasty if you’re prone to sweat. Signature Sound Dynamics -Engineered For Incredibly Natural And Accurate, High Fidelity Sound, The... Its experience in audio products is probably a good explanation. It’s a different and one that, as an audio guy, I prefer, but gamers may not. It’s certainly not the normal frequency response you’d expect out of a pair of gaming headphone and, while it’s not bad, it’s something that should be considered. Sennheiser Game One Overall I played a couple of FPS games on the headset and I don’t think I’ve enjoyed a gaming session this much in a while. Finely tuned to suit a mid-range, but capable enough to deliver a wide variety of ranges, the Game Zero is a splendid companion for shooting games. With its impressively extensive soundstage, I could hear every reload, gunshot and bomb blast with brilliant clarity and power. The sound of stepping on dried leaves or the water tap running sounded so real that it felt as if it’s all happening in the room I am in. The Game Zero came through with absolute precision; I could accurately pinpoint to where a certain sound is coming from.

I usedTheWitcher3as a test subject. It is theperfect guinea pigasthemusic score of this game is superb. I was blown away.I must say that theatmospheric ambiance is perfectly captured. For FPS gaming, I played PUBG and Icouldhear my enemies’ footsteps clearly. The gunshotswerealso immersive and explosions – realistic. Hats off to Sennheiser for capturing such gamer goodness. The only true change is that these headphones are collapsible. The metal bracing on top of the ear cups allows them to fold down completely whereas the Game Ones could not. Sennheiser includes a pretty nice carrying case, too. This is an exceptionally light model for the spec - just 322g. As such, it’s not carrying the timber most high-end headsets do. You’ll find no needless brushed steel accents here. Just lightweight plastics and soft cloth cushions around an aluminium band. Neat features like the detachable mic and its swappable magnetised cover do impress, and this is good wireless headset money. Alan Wake 2's minimum specs have disqualified my gaming laptop, and now I question the financial viability of PC gamingThe Game Zeros are more or less the same headphones internally. While the slight improvement in sound is worth noting, it’s not much compared to the extra features and better build quality on these cans. Sennheiser Game Zero Overall

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment