276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Midnight Gang

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And the author also manages to get a little dig aimed at Britain's Got Talent in there, mentioning TV talent shows. And a very funny sequence ending up with a Twit-like balloon scene (can't wait to see THAT one aired on Christmas Day, David?!). On the dark side of the characters, we have Matron - oh, she is dastardly all right, mean, hates children! Why on earth is she in charge of the children's ward? Brave, David - I hope this does well. It will be a lovely Christmas Dad adaptation as well. Will you be playing Tootsie this time? David Walliams’ bestselling children’s book, THE MIDNIGHT GANG, is a story of friendship, theatre and magic – and of making dreams come true.

Tom wonders why he never hears from his parents, and now being a patient at the Lord Funt Hospital, why haven't they inquired about his accident and injury? Augusta, Caitlin (1 December 2017). "The Midnight Gang". School Library Journal. Archived from the original on 28 February 2023 . Retrieved 28 February 2023. I loved the porter and completely felt heart-wrenched when i found out who he was. I loooooved the midnight gang and what they do. One of the simplest stories Walliams has come up with, it's also one of the more effective. A simple us-vs-them story, much like Matilda, it encompasses some powerful themes.Walliamsia on rasittavuuteen asti verrattu Roald Dahliin, ja onhan heidän tuotannossaan jotakin yhteneväisyyksiä. Lasten täytyy tässäkin päihittää nokkeluudellaan useampia karikatyyrimaisia hirviöaikuisia, jotka tuovat mieleen Matilda -romaanin antagonistit. Walliams on kuitenkin esikuvaansa kesympi ja sovinnaisempi, eikä uskalla loppuratkaisussa painaa kaasua ihan pohjaan, vaikka mahdollisuuksia siihen olisi ollut. Vitsitkin ovat vähän liian peppupainotteisia minun makuuni. Pollard, Alexandra (26 December 2018). "The Midnight Gang review: David Walliams channels Roald Dahl's zany imagination in delightful children's tale". The Independent. Archived from the original on 28 February 2023 . Retrieved 28 February 2023.

Kaksitoistavuotias Tom saa kesken liikuntatunnin krikettipallosta päähänsä ja joutuu sairaalaan, jonka henkilökuntaan kuuluvat muun muassa karmaisevaa karmaisevampi Ylihoitaja sekä Quasimodon mieleen tuova yleismies Kantaja. Sairaalassa meno on tylyä, ruoka kaameaa ja kuri kuin vankileiriltä. Lapsipotilaiden elämä ei ole herkkua, mutta keskiyöllä Tom havahtuu siihen, että naapurisänkyjen asukkaat suunnittelevat jotakin salaperäistä. Niinpä Tom pääsee osaksi Keskiyön Jengiä, joka seikkailee öisin sairaalan käytävillä toteuttaakseen suurta suunnitelmaansa... she loves being cruel. It must made her feel powerful. That's why she made you wear that night gawn. I was quite moved in the concluding chapters as it all comes together for Tom and his new friends, and really enjoyed the constant gentle humour and simple story. Was NOT Disappointed, enjoyed this one, not exactly 5 stars more likely 4.5 stars. The illustrations are a HOOT! :-)

Last on

David Walliamsin "Keskiyön jengi" (Tammi, 2020) täytyi ottaa kesäiselle lukulistalle, sillä jos hyvä tuuri kävisi, saattaisi kirjasta osoittautua samanlaiseksi täysosumaksi kuin vanhat ja monikäyttöiset vinkkaussuosikit Gangsterimummi (2016) ja Poika ja mekko (2015). Full to the brim with heart-warming characters and witty humour, The Midnight Gang is sure to be a Walliams classic. David Walliams' The Midnight Gang rolls into Her Majesty's". The Courier. 1 April 2021. ProQuest 2511070672. I had a fantastic time reading and listening to this book. Very well written and wonderfully narrated by the author. I laughed my guts out a lot through out the book. I am absolutely positive that I will read another books written by David Williams and love them as well.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment