276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Communion: The Female Search for Love: 2 (Love Song to the Nation, 2)

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I found the chapter/s on older generations to be particularly insightful and useful for me, as I reflect on my parents’ marriage. Anti-patriarchal thinking, which assumes that both women and men are equally capable of learning how to love, is the only foundation on which to construct sustained, meaningful, mutual love. All the conversations I’ve had with women and my female friends, so many insights were given into those conversations at a much higher level here.

Más una demostración de las fijaciones y los problemas mentales de la autora que un verdadero tratado feminista.From girlhood on, we learn that conversations about love are a gendered narrative, a female subject. Pros: a wonderful, nuanced discussion on how the patriarchy really screws with both women and men when it comes to love and relationships; a sadly accurate analysis of girl-on-girl hate; an interesting history of Hooks and her experiences in the feminist movement. I'm a big proponent of BDSM, and often find myself annoyed at the negative tone almost everything I read takes toward it. They were women who saw menopause as a rite of passage in which they would move from slavery to freedom.

This book is a must for anyone who has ever found it difficult dealing with a man who doesn't express his emotions, and for anyone who hates 'Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars' type thinking!Like beautiful snakes, they were going to reach their prime, boldly shed their skin, and acquire another -- this one more powerful and beautiful than all the rest. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. By self-love, Hooks references the act of women accepting their body and soul as is, without trying to change things. I’m okay with generalizations—I make a lot of them myself—but I usually take care to either explicitly spell out that I’m generalizing (either ahead of time, like she could have done in a preface, or in the moment by using qualifiers like “some,” “many,” “most,” etc), or to make generalizations amongst people who know that I’m generalizing (like with my boyfriend).

Yakın zamana kadar kim olduğumuzu ve erkekler kadar iyi olabileceğimizi anlatmaya çalışırken onların bize verdikleri kalıplara uymaya çalıştık. I would have abandoned Communion at the first chapter if it weren't for a book club I wanted to attend.Aslında annem de feminist sayılacak denli bilinçli ve güçlü bir kadındı ancak evimizde politik olarak feminizmin konuşulduğunu anımsamıyorum. being “great point / good insight”) which is a pretty high rate for a book that I expected to love and overall think is really worthwhile.

Women may discover that their problems with love are not really issues at all after reading this book. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher. Duygu Yoldaşlığı, sevgi yokluğunun çocukluktan itibaren bizi hangi yaralarla tanıştırdığı ve şu andan itibaren bunu nasıl daha farklı yorumlayacağımızı dair, okuduğum en iyi feminist metinlerden biri. Ultimately, Bell Hooks presents a philosophy in which loving one’s self is the launching pad that could lead to a myriad of realities. She tells us that it’s not just giving care, but since she herself admits that most people have this idea of it and that she herself didn’t know what it meant to be loving until midlife, it is clearly not self-evident what “love” is or in what context she uses the word.And I’m sure bell hooks herself would disagree with this attitude, and she did briefly mention that lesbian relationships can lack meaningful love, but I still came away with the impression of “gay people are magic! Old ideas about romantic love taught females and males to believe that erotic tension depended on the absence of communication and understanding.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment