276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO Harry Potter 4751: Harry and the Marauders Map

£42.41£84.82Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ignite the magic within your child with LEGO® Harry Potter building toys and model kits. This enchanting collection invites young witches, wizards and even muggles, to go on countless Wizarding World adventures, inspired by the beloved series. Having attempted numerous configurations, I think this is my favourite. Keeping those interior spaces together was particularly significant for my display and this arrangement satisfies that need, while also looking marvellous when viewed from the exterior. In fact, I was surprised by the importance of 76395 Hogwarts: First Flying Lesson which allows the separation of various modules, when necessary. One issue is that the movie itself is not accurate as to what the castle looks like. There's easily a dozen new students per year in each house, which means a total of ~80 students per house, for 240 total in the school, plus staff. You never see classrooms or dormitories able to hold that. You get glimpses of corridors with classrooms in some of the movies, but then the zoomed out views of the castle can't contain that. Especially with how many courses are supposedly taking place simultaneously. And that's not taking into account all the other big locations we don't hear about as much, like the Kitchen, the Library, the other Hall where they did the dancing thing, the Infirmary, the Botanical gardens, etc. One of the most impressive (and definitely the most expensive) LEGO Harry Potter sets is this 1:32 scale model of the Hogwarts Express. The set includes the train's engine and two cars, plus platform 9 3/4. A crank on top of the engine turns the wheels, and buttons on the passenger car turn on lights inside to illuminate scenes from the films. It comes with 20 minifigures, including multiple versions of the main characters as they grow up, some of which are exclusive to the set.

Instruction manuals for these sets recommend this arrangement, comprising 76386 Hogwarts: Polyjuice Potion Mistake, 76387 Hogwarts: Fluffy Encounter and 76389 Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets. That design assures absolute consistency between differing levels, including Moaning Myrtle's bathroom above the Chamber of Secrets. However, positioning that bathroom with the third floor corridor appears comparatively bland from the outside. Very rarely will an author actually plan out the entire interior of a set piece, and over a series of books things inevitably change to accommodate new plot elements. This results in cases where incompatibilities slip in unnoticed. Hogwarts is a rare case where you can handwave it away by simply saying the location changed between books. It supports lazy writing, but it’s hard to argue against.

The second piece of meat is located down an embankment along the right side of the area. You'll need to take out a hornet's nest to safely approach it, and it helps to hit a bunch of the foliage away with magic. Note that in this low area, there are numerous spiderwebs. The area as a whole has nine of them, and you'll be rewarded with a bunch of LEGO studs if you hit all nine of them. To some extent, the game offers an open structure. Besides the main storyline, you can explore Hogwarts freely and look for additional missions. This gives you a chance to meet with characters known from the books and movies. You can also participate in lessons, learn spells or fly on a broom. Starting tips

OK, if it was announced as a soft reboot then I shouldn't expect more of the older ones. Oh well, t's big enough of a display as it is now :) You'll appear outside of Hagrid's hut. Proceed left through the opening, along the castle ramparts and through another archway in the direction pointed by the translucent green arrow. You will need to continue following the ghost through screens in that direction, until finally you trigger a cutscene. When that cutscene concludes, you'll find yourself in the familiar stone courtyard. Along the left side, a gremlin is holding up a cauldron. Blast away the gremlin to lower the cauldron, then grab three ingredients for the potion from the courtyard to the right. Drop them into the cauldron to produce a potion, then drink it. It's just weird to change design style mid-way, as they weren't done with movies 6+7. Plus some of the sets are using the 2018 design style, such as 76388: Hogsmeade Village Visit.The idea is kids (ya know, the target audience) would be aging out of the 2018 sets by now so they need new versions to capture the new kids in the target range. Just like why they have tons of repeat Star Wars sets. It sells well because new kids are getting into the hobby.]] LEGO has developed numerous Hogwarts Castle designs since 2001, generally comprising several connected structures. This twentieth anniversary selection encompasses four such models. There was an interview with Marcos mentioning the switch to sand green roofing. And they mentioned not only anniversary year, but also a soft reboot. So I would expect next years castle sections to resemble these. So I don't think an "accurate" version of Hogwarts will ever be possible, unless based only on the book, which itself doesn't describe everything. I do like the "living" interpretation that they push in the book, with things making sense and yet moving as well. And so your different builds are as good as they'd be, in my opinion." Splitting these four models into their constituent sections provides an exceptional collection of different components. These structures are designed primarily around 8x8 and 8x16 modules, ensuring excellent consistency between them. Certain outliers are provided though, including the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets and another from 76395 Hogwarts: First Flying Lesson which are both assembled on 4x10 plates.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment