276°
Posted 20 hours ago

An Illustrated History of Ghosts (The Illustrated History Of)

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The artwork is by far and away the biggest asset to this book, it straddled the line between infographic and illustrative style in just the right way, and every page was full of fun characters and objects to make this a really visually engaging read. I guess I just read too many magic books as a kid and am used to the "A good magician never reveals his secrets" stick.

Adam Allsuch Boardman has explored the world of ghosts in this volume in a visual and anecdotal manner that I don't think I've seen. I thought this was quite interesting as I was expecting the opposite, I thought there'd be at least a little suspense or a feeling of fright. Overall, this was a fun read, but not particularly striking - there isn't anything especially groundbreaking that I learnt from it, so I may end up forgetting aspects of it pretty quickly, besides it's excellent illustration and design! I struggled through the start because the formatting was all over the place on my kindle app, until a friend suggested using the NetGalley Shelf App which totally changed it! Through the decades, investigators and mediums have dedicated themselves to the task of reaching through the veil and contacting the other side.A bump in the night, the crack of floorboards and the uneasy coldness of a room…Signs we might attribute to a ghostly presence. I received an advance reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers. Your access to this site was blocked by Wordfence, a security provider, who protects sites from malicious activity. It did touch upon a lot of different subjects such as haunted locations, ghost legends and the media etc… but again it was too brief and was mostly a couple of sentences for each explanation. Whether ghosts are the souls of the dead, windows in time or interdimensional beings, cultures through the ages have responded with fear and fascination to their horrific haunts and eerie appearances.

This reads more as an introductory guide and would be suitable for younger readers although it is classed as adult fiction. Some of the information contained in the book I was aware of but some was very new to me so although this was a fun read I would also say it was an educational read too. An Illustrated History of Ghosts is the latest instalment by Adam Allsuch Boardman in his Illustrated History series.There is also a unique guide on the different types of ghost and yes there is more than one type of ghost which was news to me. This amount includes seller specified domestic postage charges as well as applicable international postage, dispatch, and other fees.

There were a few instances when really interesting details or myths were alluded to but the prose failed to go into more detail, or it was jammed into a list format that didn't help bring the subject matter to life for me. Even after I’d finished reading I found myself flicking through the pages and just appreciating the quality of the book and its illustrations. An Illustrated History of Ghosts provides a great overview of all things relating to ghosts from ghost catching, to haunted locations, to the pranksters themselves. The illustrations were simple but fun but again could have been better in some places as more detail was needed in some areas of the book visually.This graphic novel goes through detailed accounts of past and present experiences of ghosts with some wonderful artwork to accompany it. Boardman's artistic style is clean and crisp but I found the overall experience pretty surface level as a newbie to this series. There are currently two other Illustrated History books by Adam Allsuch Boardman, filmmaking and UFOs.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment