276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When you’re “in the zone”, you are what’s called “synchronized” – that is, there’s a balance and harmonization between your left and right-brain. Having selected the best shot using your left-brain, your cognitive thinking is turned off and replaced by relaxed-concentration. You’re totally aware, but non-judgmental of the things that are going on around you. It’s just you, and the target. This state of mind, could also be thought of as Zen Golf. This book is all about the mental game of golf, specifically how you can apply mindfulness/Buddhist principles to golf. Not only did I find the many lessons in this book helpful for my golf game, but I found that they also applied to much more than just golf. Generating power and tensioning from a sub-optimal source (like any habit) is something that we can become desensitised to because when we're so used to it being that way. A Game of Honor- a short closing section of the book that reflects on a few stories about mindfulness and the "way of the warrior"

Place your attention on where the swing takes you to (FINISH) and let your swing self-organise through reverse engineering your swing. A lot of golfers seem to think playing golf in the zone is an elusive mental state which happens at random. In reality, the brain can be trained to get closer to the optimal state of mind needed to consistently access your very best skills on the golf course. What is “The Zone”?It's a bit of an old cliché but you really do have to be 'out of control to be in control'. Is your self awareness heightened enough to recognise the patterns you make though? Dr. Joseph Parent is a renowned expert in Performance Psychology and has coached the mental game in golf, business, and life for over 40 years. Dr. Parent has worked with major champions, many other top golf professionals, and amateurs at every level. He has the singular distinction of coaching both a man (Vijay Singh) and a woman (Cristie Kerr) to #1 in the World Golf Ranking. Golf Digest magazine honored Dr. Parent in their list of “Top Mental Game Experts” in the world. They will run in 3 weeks time on Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 20th September and will be a deep dive into your game. How good would it be if you could play golf without self-judgement and with a clearer, more relaxed yet focused mind? You could call this playing “Zen Golf”.

I have practiced meditation and read Zen for some time. Most people, myself included, struggle with how to viscerally feel a vision (whether the next golf shot I am about to take or next years business goals). Without living/feeling as if a vision is your reality, we all make it much much harder to manifest/create a vision. What Parent does so simply and clearly is to explain steps to getting your intellectual head out of the way and how to get those powerful feeling states engaged, increasing your ability to succeed!A highly original and groundbreaking book from a noted PGA coach and Buddhist instructor • “The lessons in Zen Golf make the mental game seem so simple. Dr. Parent has given me very effective methods for working with thoughts and emotions, and for taking the negatives out of the picture.” —Vijay Singh, Masters and PGA Champion Advanced training with the GRFi system and GRFi Vector Map to further reinforce your new skillset and provide the framework for progress and self development moving forward with your practice. So rather than trying to tell your body how to stand to the golf ball or what posture to assume, let your body tell you how IT wants to balance. Next time you’re on the course, I’d like you think about how you feel and what you are focusing on from the time you start walking into the ball until you hit it. Training yourself to get better at keeping the mind quiet will help you make a better swing. Meditation is one technique that will not only help with this, but it will improve your stress management and focus in general. You’ll be more in the moment, and playing Zen Golf. amentals. This process elicits a much deeper understanding on a somatosensory level which invokes a sense of competence and more importantly confidence. For lesson bookings please follow this link....

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment