276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Joseph Joseph Can-Do Compact Can Opener, Tin Opener with automatic grip, White/Green

£8£16.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mrs Ty Poor product Very disappointed, this is very difficult to operate especially if you do not have a lot of strength in your hands. Couldn’t get it all the way round top of tin because the tin sides went inwards and afraid I would get cut

The base has non-slip feet to avoid any accidents and it’s easy to clean, too. Simply pop the cutting mechanism out of the slot, rinse and return. While this might be a bit of a space-hog, it’s a fantastic can opener for anyone who struggles to use manual models, as well as for anyone who wants to save time and mess.Tina Best can opener I’ve tried yet! I’ve tried several different types of can opener to suit my arthritic hands. This one is definitely the best one yet. It’s compact so it takes up little room. Once you get the hang of getting in the right place, it turns easily and slices the top of the can. The only thing is that it’s hard to keep hold of the can especially when it’s small, like a tuna can. And you get a bit of leakage from the can as it opens.

Dual-handed/left-handed: Perhaps unsurprisingly, these can openers are designed to be used with either your left or right hand. They can be automatic or manual, and the cutting mechanism works both ways, ensuring you get perfect results no matter whether you’re a leftie or a righty. How much should I spend on a can opener? READ NEXT: The best multi cookers for your kitchen The best can openers to buy in 2023 1. MagiCan Auto 2: Best easy-to-use can opener Unlike some we tested, the magnet that grabs the tin lid also works well, meaning that you don't have to go dipping into the can with your fingers to get the lid out.

Compare Products

Again this metric favored the electric models. It was hard to ignore that the Hamilton Beach Smooth Touch, Kitchen Mama, and Cuisinart Deluxe Electric require minimal effort to operate and produce open cans that are either smooth or sharp, but easy to manage. Each of these models merely involves attaching the can, pressing a button, and stepping away, and they open up cans with no additional effort necessary. The Hamilton Beach and Kitchen Mama resulted in the smoothest can and lids after opening up garbanzo beans or cans of tuna, leaving behind no sharp edges for kid- and adult-friendly finger preservation. We're all clumsy to an extent, and removing sharp edges from the equation is pretty sweet. Les S. Too difficult to operate! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.] It’s a lovely idea, but, aged 83, with little monsters ted strength, I can’t manage to operate it. I am considering returning it to Joseph Joseph.

Need a new can opener? Our kitchen experts researched the market before buying and testing 9 of the best models side by side. We include a range of traditional models, innovative designs, and manual versus electric ones, upon which we ran tests and assessed them on their sharpness, ease of use, versatility, durability, style, and footprint. We opened over a hundred cans of all shapes and sizes to determine exactly how each opener performs across varying consumer needs. After days of testing, it was clear which contenders stood out from the competition and those that left us wanting. Use our comprehensive review to find the most suitable can opener for your needs and budget size. It's very effective at its core job of opening tins. They attach easily to the device and are held securely.

Conclusion

In our experience, most can openers last a long time. The first part to falter is often the blade(s). They don't often break, but they inevitably become dull. With a small amount of effort and some care, you can sharpen the blades yourself, greatly extending the useful life of your can opener. Beware that the blades are sharp. Be careful whenever handling blades to avoid injury. Ann C. Compact [This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I reason I bought this type of opener is I’d had the other types over the years. It was initially a bit fiddly to work the can opener, but once I got the hang of it the opener is speedy. Removing the can lid also took a few moments to get the hang of it. Looks quite good and small enough to fit in any gadget drawer. Products from the famous kitchen brand Joseph Joseph combine functionality and style. This can opener hardly takes up any space and makes opening tins a piece of cake. The small can opener automatically grasps the edge of the can and you can open the can in an instant. The product is suitable for every type of can. The can opener has a striking appearance and the space-saving design ensures that the tin opener can be stored in any cutlery drawer.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment