276°
Posted 20 hours ago

After Eight Dark Mint Chocolate Gift Tin 400g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Established in 1962, After Eight has long been renowned and loved for its delicious and distinctive thin chocolate mints. Collection: a selection of delicious dark and white mint chocolates to share with family and friends Eggs: our eggs are beaten before we add them to our brownie batter, so as to beat some air in beforehand and help the brownies to rise. They also give our brownies a soft texture and ensure the dry ingredients combine. If you’re using green food colouring to turn your After Eight cheesecake filling green, add a few drops at this point so it can mix in well. The After Eight Mint Collection is a selection of premium chocolates, comprising five delicious varieties:

It’s also a great recipe to make if you’re entertaining as you can make it ahead of time. But don’t let it’s simplicity deceive you. It’s certainly spectacular and delicious enough for it to feel special for any occasion. How can kids help make this After Eight cheesecake? And once you’ve made the filling and the base, your kids can help assemble the cheesecake, before levelling the filling, adding the chocolate ganache, and leaving it to set. For the chocolate filling, I used the same as my Easter salted caramel tart– because I just love it. A mixture of milk chocolate, dark chocolate, butter and cream! It’s quite a runny mixture once melted, but perfect.Fans have long been asking us for a more formal gifting box, and we are thrilled to be able to bring our brand new Mint Collection to the market this year. When we tested the collection with consumers, the response was incredible, so we're confident it will be a huge hit with mint chocolate lovers everywhere! Easter bunny – During Easter time Nestlé releases an After Eight Dark Chocolate Easter Bunny. It does not have a mint filling but is made from peppermint flavoured chocolate and comes in the well known After Eight green wrapping If you can't get hold of After Eights, you can decorate the tart with any other mint chocolate, or mint leaves.

If it’s not fully set after 6 hours or if you don’t have 6 hours to wait you can pop it in the freezer for around an hour to firm it up. Put the base in the fridge to chill for at least 20 minutes while you make the filling. Make the mint cheesecake filling Bitesize: Munchable and moreish pieces of dark chocolate filled with a refreshing mint fondant centre, perfect for a treat. Once you’ve crushed the biscuits and coated them in the melted butter, your kids can help press them into the cake tin to form the cheesecake base. This is a pretty easy step, but you want to make sure your kids do it properly, so the base doesn’t crumble apart later. A US cup measure or a shot glass make handy tools for pressing the biscuit base into the tin and up the sides evenly.

How long does the tart last for and can it be frozen?

If your brownies are coming away from the sides, but the middle is still a little wobbly, take them out of the oven and leave them to cool in the tin before placing them (still in the tin) in the fridge for an hour. They kinda set.

Once the butter has melted and the biscuits crumbed, mix them together either in your saucepan or bowl. They like to be baked at just the right temperature for just the right amount of time. Overbake just by minutes and they are cakey, under bake and they can be raw in the middle. So, to me, they will always be a Christmas treat even though I suspect you and buy them all year round. To remove the cheesecake from your cake tin, set it on top of a glass or a bowl and very gently and carefully push down or remove the springs at the side and let the side separate from the base. The cheesecake should just slowly pop out. Once you’ve done that, carefully remove the circle of baking parchment from the base before setting on your serving plate. How long does it an After Eight cheesecake take to set? Yes, if you don’t have any mascarpone you can swap it for the same amount of cream cheese. Philadelphia is a good one to use. Cream cheese is a little stronger in flavour and adds a tanginess that mascarpone doesn’t have. If you want you can balance this tanginess with an extra bit of icing sugar.

I used this tart tin for this recipe, as I do with all my other tart recipes. I know I normally use 8”/20cm round tins for my cakes and cheesecakes, but using a 9”/23cm tart tin works so much better for the ratio of ingredients. It creates the perfect depth of dessert. Once the cheesecake has set, carefully remove it from the cake tin and place it on your serving plate. If you have a loose bottomed tin, you can remove it by setting it on top of a cup or a bowl and gently press down until the base comes away.

I took inspiration from many recipes for this absolute beauty, such as my no-bake biscoff tart, and my easter salted caramel tart– just with a bit of a mint after eight twist! The idea of the bake is to be a giant biscuit based after eight, and it works!! Dark Chocolate & Peppermint – a soft, indulgent peppermint centre sandwiched between rich dark chocolate To remove the tart from the tin, place it onto a can/tin (of beans, soup etc), then gently pull the sides of the tin downwards. Take the tart (still attached to the base of the tin) off the can. Use a palatte knife to gently loosen the base, then slide it onto a serving plate. Scatter some whole or cut up After Eights on top. If you want you could also decorate it with some whipped cream or chocolate sauce. Mint Munchies join After Eight brand" [ dead link], irn-talkingshop.co.uk. Article dated 13 October 2006. Retrieved 2007-01-13.Dark Chocolate & Peppermint - Indulgent soft peppermint centre sandwiched between rich dark chocolate

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment