276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Am That: Talks With Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

£13£26.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Now, the Guinness World Records has said it is investigating whether the claim the Portuguese mastiff lived to 31 years and 165 days is genuine.

Copying out Wikipedia wasn’t Rachel Reeves’s biggest crime — it

I introduced him to Ahmad, saying that he is one of my best friends in the whole world, and introduced Ahmad to him as “one of the people who kind enough to host us”.It's telling that Winkler — who writes he has lately benefited from therapy — includes a frank perspective from outside his own head. I leave him after we both say we will meet after this all ends and have a nice cup of tea by the sea. I keep walking with tears in my eyes. I was, in my mind, always a little boy,” he writes. “My real self was like a kernel of corn sheathed in yards of concrete — as insulated as the nuclear material at Chernobyl.” Being Henry: The Fonz... and Beyond,” released Tuesday by Celadon Books, is a breezy, inspirational story of one of Hollywood's most beloved figures who became an unlikely TV screen icon and later a champion for those with dyslexia. This collection of the timeless teachings of one of the greatest sages of India, Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, is a testament to the uniqueness of the seer’s life and work and is regarded by many as a “modern spiritual classic”. I Am That preserves Maharaj’s dialogues with the followers who came from around the world seeking his guidance in destroying false identities. The sage’s sole concern was with human suffering and the ending of suffering. It was his mission to guide the individual to an understanding of his true nature and the timelessness of being. He taught that mind must recognize and penetrate its own state of being, “being this or that, here or that, then or now,” but just timeless being. I Am That: Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj by Nisargadatta Maharaj – eBook Details

Claims about genuine age of Bobi, world’s oldest dog, to be

Just like a candle, I feel that I am slowly fading … my body is losing its strength. I have no energy left. Over the years, there were guest spots on shows like “Arrested Development,” “Royal Pains” and “Parks and Recreation” until finally “Barry,” the show in 2018 that would prove a second tentpole to his career and produce his first primetime Emmy. Later, Winkler dishes, the immense popularity of the Fonz eclipsed anyone else on the show and the network secretly approached him with the idea of spinning off a show or changing the name to “Fonzie's Happy Days.” Winkler refused.

Unfortunately, I was not able to help him. I am very happy to see him, I wave at him and and we hug. In the past, every time I saw my friend I would compliment his nice outfits. This time, he looked very bad, his clothes were not matching and didn’t fit his body. He was tired. He was not well. The end of “Happy Days” brought its own stress for a man who admits that “worrying is my favorite indoor sports.” He writes: “I was terrified of being a flash in the pan. A one-hit wonder. Was I?” Some Palestinian families continue to live in their cars or in tents set up in the streets. Photograph: Anadolu Agency/Anadolu/Getty Images

Book Review: Henry Winkler grapples with the Fonz and - ABC News Book Review: Henry Winkler grapples with the Fonz and - ABC

There are fun moments throughout: How Winkler came to produce “MacGyver” and how he got fired from directing “Turner & Hooch.” There's a hysterical section about trying to direct Burt Reynolds in “Cop & ½” and, while Winkler is a nice guy, he's still capable of throwing some shade at Michael Keaton. Bobi lived his whole life in the village of Conqueiros, near Portugal’s west coast. Costa credits Bobi’s longevity to his diet and roaming around the “calm, peaceful, environment” without a lead. According to Bobi’s owners, the Costa family, there are good genes in his lineage: his mother lived to the age of 18 while another of the family’s dogs died at the age of 22.The Fonz almost never happened for him: The fearsome Barry Diller, then head of development for ABC, and future Disney CEO Michael Eisner were skeptical of Winkler getting the part. But writer-creator Garry Marshall saw something. He said it would be helpful to compare Bobi with the five to 10 other oldest dogs to see how much of an outlier he is, though there would need to be strong evidence to verify the ages of all those dogs for this to be an effective exercise. Vets often find that owners are unsure of the exact age of their dog, he said, especially if it was rehomed, meaning ages on clinical records can be inaccurate. In some cases, parents replace a dead pet with a new one to prevent their child from getting upset. Subsequently, a Guinness World Records spokesperson told the Guardian: “We’re aware of the questions around Bobi’s age and are looking into them.” Danny Chambers, a vet and council member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, said that of the 18,000 members of the Veterinary Voices group he runs, “not a single one of my veterinary colleagues believe Bobi was actually 31 years old.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment