276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cat Lady: The Sunday Times bestseller and the latest funny, brilliant and bold fiction novel for 2023 from the author of So Lucky

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Mia, managing director at Isabella May Jewellery, regularly attends a pet grief therapy session, despite the fact her sixteen year old cat, Pigeon is still very much alive. At a party full of Mia's husband, Tristan's friends and ex-wife, Mia finds herself being consistently berated and the brunt of many a joke, for her adoration of cats and persistence at keeping Pigeon as an indoor cat. These comments of course lead to chaos, drama and hilarity, when Pigeon vomits all over Tristan's ex-wife's pavlova in sheer, unadulterated malice. Thus begins our journey as we see Mia navigating the world, through loss, heartache, laughter and happiness, all with her trusty Pigeon along for the ride. As always, Dawn O'Porter writes unforgettable, quirky characters and stories that stay with you, for both good and bad reasons. But the good far outweighs the bad.

Cat Lady: The Sunday Times bestseller and the latest funny

Dawn O’Porter is an author, director, broadcaster, and co-founder of the charity Choose Love. Known for her investigative journalism, Dawn first made a name for herself in front of the camera in her 2007 BBC documentary Super Slim Me. Since then, she’s presented several documentaries covering everything from attitudes to pregnancy and childbirth to polyamory in the USA and breast cancer. In 2014, Dawn hosted This Old Thing, a Channel 4 series she co-produced exploring vintage clothing that she later adapted into a book.It was in LA that I met my now husband, Chris. Lilu puked on his side of the bed the night after he stayed over for the first time. She could be terrible and full of vitriol when she thought my attention might be taken from her. It was a sketchy start to their relationship, but they worked it out. I’d go as far to say they loved each other deeply. Wow what a read! This was my first Dawn O'Porter book and it definitely won't be my last! It's beautifully written and just one of those books that manages to make you cry, laugh and feel good all at the same time. Feel like I know Mia personally and thats when you know you have completely connected with it. I ended up moving to Los Angeles for work, where I still live 15 years later. After an initial six-month test whereby Lilu stayed with friends in London, she came over, too. We were very happy in our little West Hollywood apartment.

Cat Lady | Dawn O’Porter | 9780008385415 | NetGalley Cat Lady | Dawn O’Porter | 9780008385415 | NetGalley

Life was dreamy for her until the rare occasion that I had to return home to the UK. So I left her with a friend who rented the flat while I was away for a few months. What felt like a good plan where she got reduced rent, but had to look after the cat, was a total disaster. They didn’t get on. My friend couldn’t cope with Lilu’s Siamese dramas and the way she’d wail through the night because she’d been abandoned by her mother. It was made quite clear that the deal was off, and so Lilu was put on a plane to London, where we ran into each other’s arms like long-distance lovers finally reunited in a terrible romcom. It was then that I made a pact with her: if I go, you come, too. I kept my word. This books does deal with some heavy topics such as grief, mental health and childhood trauma. But as always Dawn balances out the ‘serious’ with the ‘funny’ in the most perfect way! Now, we love a bit of sparkle at JCHQ, but we don’t love how they’re made or when they are found at the bottom of the ocean twenty years later. We’ve taken the stance that until a sustainable version is widely available at our price point, we’ll sit out of the sequin game. We’ve worked closely with our suppliers to find or develop more sustainable options using recycled fibres and prints that shed far fewer microplastics (remember to wash in a mesh bag to capture even more!), which means we can sparkle without leaving a trail of glitter behind.

What can I say, Dawn does it again with another fantastic book. I just love her unique writing style and she never fails to make me laugh out loud whilst reading her books.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment