276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mooer MOC1 Pure Octave Guitar Single Effect, 2.25 x 4.25 x 1.75"

£28£56.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Growl and Girth controls are where most of the action is in this pedal. The Growl knob is the mid-range, slightly edgy octave-below controls, while the Girth knob is for a smoother octave-below. Since these controls are independent of each other, it opens up a great array of tonal possibilities. The Dry Knob helps you achieve the precise blend of effects to signal ratio. Ideal for the player running short of space on their pedalboard, the Mooer MPO1 Pure Octave Pedal is a divine and adaptive octave pedal offering 11 modes of harmonic goodness, so you can achieve the tone you're looking for every time without fail! The modes include all possible combinations of single and double -1, +1, -2 and +2 octaves, and also some triple octave options, plus a Detune mode– as you can see in the screenshot below. Some pedals do more than one octave up or down and some layer multiple octaves on top of one another to create those organ-type sounds you sometimes hear. Most octave pedals will also allow you to blend your original signal with your octave sound, so you can have the sound of two guitars at once, or just fool everyone into thinking that you’re playing bass guitar. What is the difference between an octave pedal and a pitch shifter pedal? All of these options come in a very durable enclosure and a well-planned design. This pedal’s layout is simple enough to get a great tone right out of the box. With a little adjustment, the M288 Octave Deluxe is capable of pricing sounds for the most discerning players.

When we evaluate guitar pedals, our first step is to assess the enclosure's quality, examining its sturdiness and durability. Since these are pedals that receive heavy use, we need to ensure they can withstand the wear and tear of repeated stomping and life on the road.

This pedal offers a variety of sounds that can be useful in many contexts and styles. The tone of the octaves sounds as natural as possible for octaves that are clearly outside the reach of a standard guitar. Two octaves down produces a deep throaty sound that will require a larger speaker. Purer Octave is presented within a compact pedal case with a glossy orange finish, complete with an intuitive and tidy user interface. The pedal provides a standardized ¼” mono input and output, powered by a 9V DC power port. These features ensure that Purer Octave can be used on the move by any guitarist, offering a truly flexible and intuitive product for octave effect perfection. Features As for the performance, there is a slight latency when turned completely wet. Also, the pitches didn't sound to me like pure octaves: they where distinctly detuned octaves. There is also a noticeable drop in sound volume. I was mostly surprised by the detuning because I'd listened to a few demos on YouTube and there it sounded much better. My fat-fingered friend Stephan was of the opinion that how this pedal performed was par for the octaver-pedal-course, so it is possible that my criticism is unjustifiably based on unrealistic expectations. This pedal also offers a wider range and greater polyphonic capabilities than the previous OC-2 and OC-3, while covering your octave needs in full.

We won’t get too deep into theory and intervals here, but a simplistic way to look at it is to first imagine playing a power chord. The first note is your root, the second is a fifth, and the third note is an octave. The second note is called a fifth because it is five notes away from your original, and due to the way frequencies work, lends it a certain sound that is rather pleasing to the human ear.Finally, if the pedal offers any additional features, such as an accompanying app, MIDI in/out, or FX loop, we will explore them to ensure we have evaluated every feature on the pedal. Showcasing an array of controls to get your required tone every time, the MP01 Pure Octave includes Upper, Sub and Dry pot, arranged in a visually optimised and convenient way so usability is always hassle-free. Meaning you can focus on the creative side whether it's live or in the studio, and let your tone shine! Mooer MPO1 Pure Octave Pedal Specifications: The JOYO JF-12 features a mid-cut that allows you to scoop out some of the body. That can work quite nicely when playing some crunchy power chords. This pedal offers a lot of sustain for your solos and leads that stand out and cut through a busy mix. When combined with the Octave Up feature, the Fuzz can sound a bit like the White Stripes.

Please note the all Mooer micro series pedals must be powered by 9V DC (not supplied) as they are too small for battery compartments! SpecificationAn octave pedal works by taking your original guitar signal, shifting an octave up or down, then playing it alongside your original signal to create the effect of two guitars playing at once. An octave is an interval that is double the original’s frequency or put more simply – the exact same note but one octave lower or higher. I could find a use in my act for this pedal because I do make some weird jive too, but it's not really what I had expected. To mix in your direct signal, you can use the Dry knob and if you wish, you can also add up to + 14 dB of internally adjustable mid frequencies (400 Hz or 850 Hz) by engaging the Mid+ switch. It’s almost always best to have an octave pedal as your first in the chain. This is because you want a clean signal going straight in to ensure the best note reproduction possible. However, as with all things signal chain related, this is not a rule. A lot of players gained satisfying results placing fuzz pedals before octaves, as well as clean boost pedals to ensure a strong signal going in, so play around with the placement and you might be surprised at what you come up with!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment