276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Invicta VINTAGE Pro Diver 31290 Men's Automatic Watch - 40 mm

£64.975£129.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Although many Pro Diver owners report that their 8926OBs are very accurate (with Wonders of Watchdom saying in his review that his Pro Diver only gained 14 seconds over the course of a week), mine wasn’t totally flawless. It’s true, the vast majority of us would never be able to afford to purchase an original 6204 for tens of thousands of pounds. I’ll let you decide whether this change suits your wrist or preferences, though it again breaks the retro immersion. However, I think you could probably find some comparable options that serve that purpose better from the likes of AliExpress. It was based on the concurrent 16610 and was originally powered by the Miyota 8215, as the ubiquitous NH35 wouldn't hit the mass market until the 21st century.

Like many others, I was relieved to see no “INVICTA” script engraved into the side of the case, which was the most common grievance with previous Pro Diver references. As is the case with many other Invicta models, the luminescence utilised on the markers of the ‘1953’ has a slight green hue and it appears much fainter than I anticipated; probably lighter than the 6204 originally released with back in the day. Invicta’s 1953 manages to beat most microbrands (and Chinese wholesalers) by being a well-made yet very affordable homage to a watch that now sits in safes in the homes of Hodinkee staff.It’s a stretch, but imagine if they used a bubbled sapphire crystal to emulate the acrylic on the original Rolex.

While you can get a Submariner from the 50s, you're gonna have to have some serious cash to get your hands on one, and even if you could, you'd have to treat it like a piece of toilet paper. In isolation, it’s also good looking too; yet on balance, I find myself with little desire to pick it up and wear it. Most Invicta fans today know this American watchmaking company for its popular modern collections, primarily of bold design. Next, the rounded lugs and round case with just about perfect 40mm diameter and 15mm thickness make the Invicta 1953 a genuine pleasure to wear. It’s a reliable, relatively accurate, and endlessly serviceable movement that’s found in literally thousands of different watches of all kinds, from slim dress watches to Aragon’s meaty divers and everything in between.While it isn’t a “true” gilt dial that’s printed on top of a brass dial, the minute track and indices are crisp and well-done, and there’s no dust visible on the dial at a majority of angles. All watches, likeness, and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of RX SA, Audemars Piguet, Seiko Holdings Corporation, Orient Watch Company Limited, respectively. Another opportunity to remind ourselves of how great and diverse this world of horology truly is and why we’re so eternally thrilled and inspired by its beauty. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. When I first laid my eyes upon this watch, that’s exactly the thought that was lingering in the back of my mind.

Since there’s no overhang, it can be tricky to get a grip on it depending on what angle you grab it from. It’s got enough water resistance and a tough enough movement to be worn for years to come, yet is dressy enough for less casual events. A vast Angel collection contains many attractive watches in styles and dimensions suitable to sophisticated ladies’ tastes and wrists. Elegant gold-colored stainless steel case, enhanced with six white crystals, powered by Swiss quartz movement shielded by a flame fusion crystal glass stain, and paired with a soft leather brown strap, make this stunning watch one of the most popular Angel models. Some folks out there couldn’t care less about the brand reputation of their watch, but I believe it’s worth learning about.Those end links are nice and flexible too, as the central segment is recessed, allowing for a greater range of motion.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment