276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Braun Series 5 51-W1600s Electric Shaver for Men with EasyClick Body Groomer Attachment, EasyClean, Wet & Dry, Rechargeable, Cordless Foil Razor, White

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I am currently using a Philips HQ 6927/16 rotary shaver. It shaves well hair that grows on moles. Will I also shaves them with the foil shaver without any problems and without irritate moles? If you can find a good deal for a particular Series 5 variation that is right for your needs (for example the inclusion of a cleaning station or wet/dry operation) you can go right ahead and buy it. Only the 2020 Series 5 models have the EasyCLean system, but I wouldn’t be too worried as it doesn’t really work as advertised. Besides, the 5197cc also shaves a lot better. The Series 3 is a very decent, but ultimately basic electric shaver. In my opinion the Series 5 is clearly superior with regards to shaving performance and I personally would opt for it despite the higher price tag.

Braun Series 5 Review - The EasyClean Generation Braun Series 5 Review - The EasyClean Generation

Braun engineered their older generation Series 5 shavers with auto sense motor. The motor can read the beard density and adjust the power. The power increases and decreases according to the beard density. But the new generation Braun Series 5 shavers don’t come with an auto-sense motor. However, there are not many uses for the auto-sense motor. Because the shaver most of the time needs to run with the highest power. I observed it needs to reduce the shaving power very few times. Therefore, it’s not a mandatory technology for an electric shaver. But the older generation Series 5 shavers get up for this additional technology. Extras: But again, while the station is nice to have, it’s not absolutely necessary and if your budget is limited you can skip it.

Thanks for the detail comparison, really enjoy all the informative articles you have here. I bought the 5190cc and as you have rightfully mentioned, Braun series 5 is really good. Have been using it daily and enjoying it. Am new to cleaning station though, thus couple of questions here, hope you can help to shed some light. Thank you for your comment. The Series 5 should be a massive improvement over your old Philips shaver. Since the Series 5 is a foil-based razor, shaving with it will require a different technique, but in my opinion it’s even easier to use and more forgiving than most rotary shavers. It’s very important to get the basics right: your skin must be as dry as possible (you may also use a pre-shave lotion), the shaver must be perpendicular to the skin during a stroke and always go against the direction of growth with controlled, repetitive strokes. You may alter the pressure depending on how sensitive your skin is, but start off very gently. It may take a couple of weeks to get a hang of it and get the best results. What shaver do you think could be the right one for me? I have been thinking of the Braun 5140s, especially if on sale on Prime Day. Would this solve my problems and is there any other cheaper option? The Series 5² shavers still use the same shaving heads as the previous ones and I have no reason to believe that the actual shaving performance is anything but identical. I notice the cleaning indicator on the shaver still lights up occasionally even though it just went through a cleaning cycle. And it lights up even when the foil head is detached. Curious what triggers the cleaning indicator. Did I probably miss out something in the cleaning process?

Braun Series 5 50-W1600s Foil shaver Trimmer White

Let’s not take a look at the differences between some of the more popular Series 5 models. Braun Series 5 5090cc vs 5040s I am in the market for a new electric shaver. I want to get the closest fastest shave I can while still meeting some other requirements. Cost is not an issue, but I’ve ruled out some of the top-end shavers like the Braun Series 9 and the Panasonic Arc 5 because of the large size of the head. I have sideburns and often a mustache or goatee too, and I think trying to follow the edges or shave the space between my sideburns and mustache/goatee would be like trying to parallel park a school bus! I was also very excited about the new series 7/6/5 family, but because of the larger frame around the head I have ruled those out too. I don’t want a bulky head obstructing my view of the foils as I try to shave along the edges of my beard.The secured rubber grip of the shaver has been textured for making the grasp comfortable and risk-free. The EasyClean shaver is 100% washable which makes the cleaning process easier and safer. The foil elements are flexible enough to make the shaving process softer and comforter. Now, intending to upgrade, I had decided to spring for the new Panasonic ES-LT3N Arc3, in no small part thanks to your review of it and other articles you wrote. I brush out the foil every two days and clean it under hot water once a week. Foil is still quite sharp. I anticipated that I would have to replace it more often but this is not the case. Regarding the size of the head, I am open to a shaver with less than 3 cutters. A cutter with just 2 or 1 foils might suit me if there are good-quality ones on the market.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment