276°
Posted 20 hours ago

How Deep Is Your Love

£1.77£3.54Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

British single certifications – Bee Gees – How Deep Is Your Love". British Phonographic Industry . Retrieved 9 June 2023. Molanphy, Chris (28 September 2018). "The Nights on Broadway Edition". Hit Parade | Music History and Music Trivia (Podcast). Slate . Retrieved 11 August 2023. Billboard described the song as "a warm tender ballad," saying that after a slow beginning it grows to a "heightened expressive delivery." [11] Cash Box said that it's "a beautifully harmonized, melodic ballad for music lovers of all ages." [12] Record World said that it is "one of their most controlled, delicate efforts, with the vocals almost whispered at times" and that it has "a good melody and expressive love lyric." [13] Producer Robert Stigwood had requested songs for a movie he was working on, which later became Saturday Night Fever. The Bee Gees obliged and gave him five songs, one of which was 'How Deep Is Your Love'. Songs Written by the Gibb Family on the International Charts - Part 3" (PDF). brothersgibb.org. Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 September 2015 . Retrieved 10 February 2015.

Canadian single certifications – Bee Gees – How Deep Is Your Love". Music Canada . Retrieved 29 March 2012. F.2d 896: Ronald H. Selle, Plaintiff-appellant, v. Barry Gibb, et al., Defendants-appellants,andronald [sic] H. Selle, Plaintiff-appellee, v. Barry Gibb, et al., Defendants-appellants:: US Court of Appeals Cases:: Justia". Law.justia.com . Retrieved 31 March 2014. One morning, it was just myself and Barry in the studio. He said, 'Play the most beautiful chord you know', and I just played, what happened was, I'd throw chords at him and he'd say, 'No, not that chord', and I'd keep moving around and he'd say, 'Yeah, that's a nice one' and we'd go from there. Then I'd play another thing - sometimes, I'd be following the melody line that he already had and sometimes I'd most probably lead him somewhere else by doing what I did. I think Robin came in at some point. Albhy also came in at one point and I was playing an inversion of a chord, and he said, 'Oh no, I don't think it should be that inversion, it should be this', and so we changed it to that, but by the time Albhy had come in, the song was sort of there. [6] CUDAHY. "SELLE v. GIBB, 741 F.2d 896 (7th Cir. 1984) (LOISLAW)". Law.cornell.edu . Retrieved 31 March 2014.British single certifications – Bee Gees – How Deep Is Your Love". British Phonographic Industry . Retrieved 29 March 2012. Danish single certifications – Bee Gees – How Deep Is Your Love". IFPI Danmark . Retrieved 22 February 2023. a b c d e f g Melinda Bilyeu; Hector Cook; Andrew Môn Hughes (January 2011). The Bee Gees. ISBN 9780857128942 . Retrieved 9 February 2015.

Cashbox Top 100 Singles". Cashbox Archives. 7 February 1964. Archived from the original on 4 October 2012 . Retrieved 10 February 2015. Year-End Sales Charts: Eurochart Hot 100 Singles" (PDF). Music & Media. Vol.13, no.51/52. 21 December 1996. p.12 . Retrieved 18 December 2019. Stewart, Ken (22 July 1978). "Irish notes..." (PDF). Music Week. p.16 . Retrieved 5 July 2022– via World radio History.

Hits of the World – Eurochart Hot 100". Billboard. Vol.108, no.14. 6 April 1996. p.79 . Retrieved 21 July 2012. Australian Chart Book". Austchartbook.com.au. Archived from the original on 5 March 2016 . Retrieved 12 October 2016.

There was some talk of Yvonne Elliman recording "How Deep Is Your Love," but, according to Barry, their manager Robert Stigwood said, "You've got to do this song yourself, you should not give it to anybody". [6] Release and critical reception [ edit ] As the case was based on the similarities between the songs, and an expert witness for Selle - musicologist Arrand Parsons - convinced the jury through technical analysis of the notes that the Bee Gees plagiarized the song, they ruled that the Bee Gees did copy Selle's song.Barry once said of the song's creation: "A lot of the textures you hear in the song were added on later. We didn't change any lyrics, mind you, but the way we recorded it was a little different than the way we wrote in the terms of construction.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment