276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sunday’s Child: The spellbinding new summer 2022 book from the No.1 Sunday Times bestseller... (The Rockwood Chronicles, Book 4)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Christmas Wedding” is the first novel in the “Village Secrets” series and was released in the year 2019. Daisy’s future, as she held the letter in her trembling hands, crumbled right before her, with the words being engraved onto her heart forever. By the early afternoon, she’ll have done all her correspondence, paid a few bills, and written out a shopping list. Nothing all that romantic, but entirely necessary. After she’s done that, she’s earned a cup of tea and some custard creams in a biscuit tin. Then this one night, she has to transport this mysterious guy from a foreign ship onto the banks of the Thames. He is a man that ends up renting a room inside of Essie’s house, and only identifies himself as ‘Raven’. Byearly afternoon I’ve done all my correspondence, paid some bills, and written a shopping list for groceries. Nothing very romantic about that, but absolutely necessary. After all thatI really have earned a cup of tea and those custard creams in the biscuit tin. Sitting at the computer for hours isn’t good for the figurethough,so Iusually takemy dog, Barley, for a walk instead – although he actually prefers riding in the car! He doesn’t care whether it’s a trip to the vet or to the car park close to the beach, he is a spaniel petrol head. He is also extremely greedy, and has learned how to use his big brown eyes to wheedle an early dinner from my unfailingly generous and extremely patient husband. But sitting at a computer for hours isn’t too good on the figure, however so she typically takes her dog for a walk.

There’s a dashing man she was thinking would be the hero all of a sudden develops some unattractive traits and will upset Dilly, along with her heroine. Then there’s times a rough diamond, that looked destined to swing from a noose’s end, winds up being an absolute charmer and she finds herself falling for them, so the heroine’s got zero chance of escaping. The village in Little Creek, during the long winter of 1867. The first flakes of snow are falling to the ground when Daisy Marshall, who is secretly engaged to her master’s son, finds she’s being jilted at the altar. Until recently I’ve also been doing the school run for my two granddaughters, but they are now old enough to look after themselves. Millie, the eldest, has just passed her driving test and is thoroughly independent. Talia is doing her GCSEs, and my two grandsons have no need of my driving skills. Suddenly I am redundant – but at least that gives me more time for writing. However when one good deed goes sour, a dangerous foe threatens to ruin all of them. Is she going to be able to save her new buddies along with her future? If she’s able to, there’s a Christmas gift that’s waiting sure to change her life forever. Each day, Dilly begins at 8:30 and writes until lunch time. Some days she’ll get so immersed in her story that she forgets everything and time will pass so fast that, by the time she finally does stop, she can’t believe two to three hours have gone by. She’s been in some other world her characters who make their own story up actually inhabit.

Dilly Court grew up in northeast London and resides in Dorset on the beautiful Jurassic Coast with her husband with whom she has two grown kids and four grandkids. She started her writing career writing scripts for television commercials. I’m often asked by my readers about my writing day. So, let me tell you… I’m very much a morning person – I start at about 8.30 and go on until lunch time. Sometimes I get so immersed in the story that I forget everything and time passes so swiftly that, when I do stop, I can’t believe two or three hours have passed. I’ve been in another world inhabited by the characters that make up their own story. A dashing man I’ve thought of as the hero suddenly develops unattractive traits and upsets me as well as my heroine. At other times a rough diamond, who seemed destined to end up swinging from the scaffold in Newgate Prison, turns out to be an absolute charmer and I find myself falling in love with him, so the heroine has no chance of escape. Dilly’s debut novel, called “Mermaids Singing”, was released in the year 2005. She writes family saga and historical fiction novels and also writes as Lily Baxter.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment