276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Which Way to Anywhere: From the No.1 bestselling author of HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There is no Magic here on Earth. At least, that’s what you’ve been told . . . But in an ordinary-looking house in an ordinary-looking village, live a group of children who are about to uncover a secret. My top writing tip would be to read lots, to give you a feel for the way different stories can be told. Also practise writing as much as you can – write, and re-write – don’t worry if you don’t finish a story, as long as you are practising, that’s what matters. Also don’t worry if your stories aren’t very long: I didn’t start out writing books as long as the ones I write now. Thank you so much to Hachette Australia for the opportunity to read this book. I’m rounding up from 4.5 stars. But K2 has a secret gift: he draws maps of worlds that are beyond the wildest of imaginations. Worlds with six hundred moons, burning rivers and dark, twisty jungles alive with plants that hunt by the smell of fear. But what K2 doesn’t know, is that the maps he draws are real. Best-selling children’s author and former Children’s Laureate Cressida Cowell’s Which Way to Anywhere is a fantasy story and a family story that zings with magic, warmth and adventure.

When starting Wizards of Once I noticed plenty of similarities with How to train your dragon. The disapproving parents, the tiny creature that speaks in a funny way and the older family member that hates one of the main characters. Wish, Xar and the parents turned out unique because they reacted to the same things wildly differently. Xar shared Hiccup’s talent of talking himself out of trouble but used it as defense mechanism to hide his insecurities. Wish had Hiccup’s good heart but suffered from parent-induced emotional trauma. Bodkin’s fearfulness led him to be manipulated as opposed to Fishlegs’ unwavering loyalty. kids of the names of K2 and Izzabird o'hero, and Mable and Theo smith, are the main characters. Nothing special, they have your typical shy and quite-soon to be powerful boy with a optimistic and brave sister. Then they have two lesser main characters that are either, organised and protective or a kind and caring young girl. Cressida Cowell almost always follows the same character structure. Join Cressida Cowell, former Waterstones Children’s Laureate and author of How to Train Your Dragon and The Wizards of Once, as she introduces the first book in the brand new magical adventure series Which Way to Anywhere.When Cressida wasn’t on the island, she was going to school at Marlborough College in Wiltshire where she met and became close friends with Lauren Child, a fellow author/illustrator and the creator of TV’s Charlie and Lola. Cressida and Lauren remain close friends. Indeed Lauren is godmother to Cressida’s daughter Clemmie. When 11-year-old K2 O'Hero discovers he has a Magical gift allowing him and his siblings to travel to alternative worlds (yes, there really are alternative worlds out there), some very weird things start happening. And when someone they love is in danger, the children must set off on a rescue mission to a planet on the other side of the Galaxy . . .

The book is stuffed with eccentric characters, some of whom pass through briefly, but may have a larger role to play in the future. When 11-year-old K2 O’Hero discovers he has a Magical gift allowing him and his siblings to travel to alternative worlds (yes, there really are alternative worlds out there), some very weird things start happening. And when someone they love is in danger, the children must set off on a rescue mission to a planet on the other side of the Galaxy . . . Cressida Cowell: Which Way to Anywhere? | What’s On | Edinburgh International Book Festival (edbookfest.co.uk)You can be inspired by your own experiences. Ideas I had about Vikings and dragons during summer holidays when I was 9 years old became 12 books, and a film and TV series. I had a slightly unusual childhood (I spent my summers on an uninhabited Scottish Island), but the world we all live in is full of extraordinary, wonderful idea for stories. You only have to watch an episode of Blue Planet to see that’s true. From the bestselling author of How to Train Your Dragon and The Wizards of Once comes an out-of-this-world new adventure ... There is no Magic here on Earth. At least, that's what you've been told . . . But in an ordinary-looking house in an ordinary-looking village, live a group of children who are about to uncover a secret. The night in Oxford was the most beautiful event I have ever done. Not just the spectacular setting (of the Sheldonian), but an unforgettable evening. F rom the bestselling author of How to Train Your Dragon and The Wizards of Once comes an out-of-this-world new adventure …

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment