276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SILVERCREST Professional Food Mixer Processor and Blender 6.3l

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It does not allow other attachments like some brands, but the performance makes up for some limits in versatility. Overall quality of materials: Well-made stand mixers with quality components should last. We looked for those that were robust.

Results of functions: A machine that efficiently mixed all the ingredients at the same time was a staple requirement. We looked for pavlova mixes that were glossy and well-whisked, cake mixes that were light with evenly distributed zest and finally, well-risen dough that was soft and light when baked. The stand mixers we tested varied in weight from 3kg up to 10kg, so we considered how easy it was to move the stand mixer. It seems a little noisy to me, all stand mixers are if you’re stood next to them for prolonged periods of time.

Manual

Numerous mixers we tested in our homes and labs didn't qualify for our recommendation due to issues with performance or how difficult they were to maintain and use. It seems like the brands you usually hear about mixers, like KitchenAid, are well-known and widely used for a reason.

The bowl is big in size (6.5litre) and good if you’re making plenty of mixture. It doesn’t have a handle though which I find a little inconvenient for manouvering after mixing. Ice-cream maker This is usually a freezable bowl which you can use with the main mixing tool to make your own ice-cream. We rated how easy it was to clean the stand mixer bowl and attachments by hand after each use. Energy consumption Processor versatility: Stand mixers should take on key kitchen tasks that make life a lot easier. Whisking, beating and kneading attachments are key to this and we awarded extra points to machines that offer more integrated features, like weighing scales, timers and extra attachments. We used the following attachments on each stand mixer and timed how long it took for each mixture to come together:It has 3 attachments – a beater blade for cake mixes, cookie doughs etc, a whisk for egg whites and cream and a dough hook, plus a splash guard. The Cuisinart Mixer is affordable for any kitchen and any basic baking tasks. It has a sizeable 5.5-quart bowl and a variety of attachments. However, the motor can become hot and loud when mixing heavy dough, which is less powerful than other mixers.

First impressions are okay, obviously it’s not as glamourous and seductively good looking as a KitchenAid or the Kenwood version but it’s not a bad looking piece of kit. It’s lightweight, the body being plastic instead of metal, much easier to move around than my stand mixer but it’s bigger too so takes up more room on the worktop or in a cupboard. The dough hook – kneads bread exceptionally well, something I have to admit I was surprised at and had expected it to fall down here but it didn’t. It made me a great loaf and was kneaded in less time than my other mixers would do. Our Best Overall mixer, the Bakery Chef by Breville, outperformed the competition across all tests. The brand is known for its quality, and this model is a sure bet for any level of baker looking for a quality build with counter aesthetics in mind. Not to be missed, our overall Runner Up, the Kenwood 5-Quart Chef Titanium Kitchen Machine, has high scores for performance and looks. VERSATILE - MisterChef stand mixers designed for baking - It doesn't matter if you're making cake, bread, pizza dough, pastries or virtually any other type of dish you could think of, our standing mixer machine comes with all the attachments you need: an eggbeater, dough hook & stainless steel whiskI get asked to work with all sorts of companies to review all sorts of gadgets and kitchenalia, mostly I don’t take up the offer but I thought this review was one you would be interested in. Accessories included: 5-quart stainless steel bowl, coated flat beater, coated dough hook, 6-wire whip, and pouring shield Flat beater or mixer blade The most common attachment used for combining any mixture that has a normal to heavy consistency. Used for cakes, biscuits, pastry, icing and even mashed potato. We measured how much electricity each stand mixer used to mix cake batter, knead dough and whisk egg whites. Ease of use and cleaning: Modern stand mixers can offer sophisticated features but being easy to use is incredibly important. Washing your stand mixer’s attachments by hand can also be a pain, so we looked for dishwasher-safe accessories to make cleaning less of a headache.

Is your product defective and the manual offers no solution? Go to a Repair Café for free repair services. Since every household is different in size and number of people, this list has various capacity options for smaller batch cooking or larger volume projects. Some models even come with two different bowl sizes making them even more versatile, which boosts them higher on our list. Value for money: there’s no point splashing out on a gadget-y machine with various accessories if you’re only going to use it to occasionally make basic cakes. The GE Tilt-Head Electric Stand Mixer is an affordable and powerful stand mixer that is great for everyday baking. It has a large 6-quart bowl and a variety of attachments. However, adding ingredients can make the tilt-head design messy, making the bowl less significant than other mixers. Beater We used this attachment to make a sponge cake. We also counted how many times we had to stop the stand mixer to scrape down the sides of the bowl, which often got frustrating and messy. The best stand mixers had a beater attachment that reached around the whole bowl.Most stand mixers come with a splash guard, so we assessed how easy this was to attach and pour ingredients through. The beater blade doesn’t have silicone wings (one of the reasons I love a k-Mix) so you do have to stop and scrape down the bowl to make sure everything is being mixed in properly from time to time. Not a huge issue to discount it. We chose bestselling stand mixers sold at UK retailers and tested to see how well they mixed, whisked and kneaded. We bought all the stand mixers we tested. How well they mixed LARGE CAPACITY- Forget running out of bowl space for your ingredients. Our stand mixer comes with a super large 5.5-liter stainless steel bowl, which also comes with graduation measurements Most home kitchens have a stand mixer, and many professional chefs use them both in their bakeries and restaurants as well as at home. "We use a stand mixer in the bakery all the time for small projects, savory and sweet, whipping cream cheese, small batch cookie recipes, research and development," says Zak Stern of Zak the Baker in Miami, Florida. Sarah O'Brien, James Beard semifinalist baker and owner of Little Tart Bakeshop in Atlanta, Georgia, uses stand mixers for small-batch toppings in her bakeries and regularly for baking at home.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment