276°
Posted 20 hours ago

veedub clothing Coronation Street t Shirt

£7£14.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This t-shirt is everything you've dreamed of and more. It feels soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It's comfortable and flattering for all. Coronation Street narrowly survived the threat of closure in 1968. The writing deteriorated in the early 1970s and the show risked becoming an anachronism or, worse, a joke. Rescue came with Bill “the Godfather” Podmore , an RAF pilot turned director who took over as producer in 1976. Feared yet respected, Podmore restored Warren’s brand of humour, reviving the Ogdens as a comedic act. A new golden era lasted into the 1980s, when audiences would often top 20 million. He passed the card to Tony Warren at a long-term story conference. He said: ‘What do you think of having this gay character?’ And Warren – and I’m not making this up – said: ‘Well, if we do there’s only one queen I want to play him and it’s Antony Cotton.” Then he opened the card. He’d seen me in Queer as Folk.

Antony Cotton (Sean Tully 2003-present ): My part didn’t exist until I wrote to the then producer Tony Wood. I found a blank card with a picture of a dog with sunglasses on it, and wrote: “Dear Tony, if you ever fancy having a homosexual skipping down the cobbles of Coronation Street, I’m your man. I’ve got my house, my own car, I don’t do drugs and best of all I’m cheap. Come on Tony, you know you want it.” Paul Abbott (script editor/writer 1985-1996): I remember at one point I was getting the blame for all these leaks so I wrote different versions of letters with fake information and left them in the booking table where all the actors got their dates. In one letter it said we were going to film in Barbados and it was in the Manchester Evening News by 5pm. I’d got the greedy little shit! Warren, who was 23, was allowed to write 12 episodes – plus a finale in case they bombed. His work stunned the script editor Harry Kershaw, who wrote later: “You closed your eyes and you could see the antimacassars and the chenille tablecloths … You sniffed and you could smell the burning sausages and the cheap hairspray and the tang of bitter beer.” Abbott, who declines to name the leak, was a wide-eyed 24-year-old when he got a script-editing job on the Street, years before he created Touching Evil, State of Play and Shameless.Daran Little: It took me two years to convince a largely straight, male writing team to bring in openly gay characters. I think it was just the fear of the unknown. Roache, whom Warren had spotted on stage, is the only member of the original cast still in the show. He has starred in more than 4,600 episodes, and had multiple relationships – most famously with his on-screen wife Deirdre (played by the late Anne Kirkbride ). Sally Ann Matthews: In the 80s we were all friends and had all the time in the world. Now there are characters you just never see if your days don’t coincide.

Part of that experience has been dealing with the Covid pandemic. Last week, the MP Tracy Brabin , who played Tricia Armstrong on the Street in the 1990s , led an hour-long adjournment debate in tribute to Coronation Street and its impact – and the work to keep it on screen under social-distancing rules. “It is a real shame that at the end of this debate, we cannot have that haunting melody of Coronation Street playing,” the deputy speaker, Nigel Evans , said in his closing remarks. William Roache (Ken Barlow 1960-present): I absolutely didn’t want to do it. I’d grown up in Derbyshire, but I was a young actor on stage in London. I had a flat in Primrose Hill and my career was about to take off. And in those days ITV was broken up into regions so it was like doing local radio. My agent said: “Look at this way, it’s only going to run for a few weeks.” Kym previously told Loose Women that a return to Coronation Street isn't on the cards any time soon because she's too busy with other projects — including Waterloo Road and more of BBC One's Morning Live. Alison Sinclair: I was pregnant with twins when the phone went, and it was this guy saying he was calling from Downing Street. He wanted a preview of the Deirdre plot. I just laughed. I thought it was a radio station prank, but the prime minister wanted to be briefed.Meanwhile, in 2001, a homicidal businessman delivered Weatherfield’s next dose of stop-everything drama. Richard Hillman ’s two-year reign of terror ended with the abduction of his wife Gail Platt (one of Platt’s six marriages on the Street) and her children in the family car. Almost 20 million people watched as Hillman drove into a canal in a murder-suicide attempt (the family escaped; Hillman died). If fans can't choose which business they like the best, there will also be items containing multiple references such as a statement dress and shirt for the die-hard Corrie fans among us. Warren, who at first had a strained relationship with Granada, also struggled with drink and drugs. He would often run away, spending some time in a commune in San Francisco. He returned to the Street in the 1980s as a consultant and beloved oracle. He sat in on storyline meetings until not long before his death in 2016, aged 79.

Katy Roberts, Head of Merch and Shops Delivery at Coronation Street, expressed excitement over the "retro" inspired range: "We are thrilled to be collaborating with Joanie on this retro Coronation Street clothing collection. While there will be public events, parties and even a Coronation Concert taking place over the course of King Charles' coronation long weekend (which includes a bank holiday on Monday 8 May,) if you're after a keepsake to remember the occasion for years to come, you may be looking for Coronation memorabilia to mark the historic event. Whether you want to keep a souvenir for yourself or want to show it to your children and grandchildren in years to come, you may be after a piece to remind you of this monumental event in history. John Finch (writer then producer 1961-1970): The key to everything was Tony Warren’s characters. Nobody, including myself, ever matched his characterisation. But I think he soon got tired and faded away when other writers took over his characters. I think it hurt him. Nigel Havers (Lewis Archer 2009-2019) : Snobbery has always been there, but I think the key to Corrie’s magic is that it has irony and that great sense of humour. It’s never afraid to send itself up, but treats its audience as grownups. In my career, it’s right up there with Chariots of Fire and the National Theatre.It's been almost 70 years since the UK and Commonwealth have seen the crowning of a monarch, so King Charles III's coronation ceremony on Saturday 6 May is set to be a much anticipated and celebrated event. There's a bank holiday weekend planned to celebrate the King taking the throne and we can expect it to be a once-in-a-generation event. Coronation Street has been working on Ryan's storyline with guidance from The Katie Piper Foundation and Acid Survivors Trust International (ASTI) , which both offer help and support to real-life survivors. The Battersbys had been trailed as “the family from hell”, with Danson cast as a wild child. Audiences hated them so much that 97% of people in a Teletext poll voted to have them evicted.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment