276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fibre / Fibreglass Abrasive Cleaning Pencil / Pen & 5 Refills

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This Modelcraft Glass Fibre Pencil will make your model work shine! The pencil can clean metals, plastics and woods ready to be worked on or be used to brighten your projects. I'm relatively new to etch kit building and have been using phosphoric flux from available from London Road Models and Hobby Holidays (amongst others). Initially I applied it with a brush, but have switched to using a syringe (the needle on it filed off flat to avoid the risk of accidentally injecting myself with flux!). The Abrasive Pencil 4mm is a small detailing tool, ideal for sanding between edges and surfaces. It is perfect for pinpoint cleaning, de-rusting and surface preparation. Thanks Rob, it's a bog standard pen type brush from e bay, the bristle bit is about 4mm in diameter.

What is the part number for the fiberglass pencil used to

To describe it simply, a fibreglass brush(pen) is built rather like a propelling pencil. Turn the knob at the top, and the "lead" (fibreglass in our case) is made to project further out of the body of the pen. With a pencil, too long and the lead breaks. Same with the fibreglass version. So keep the fibreglass strands wound in as much as possible, then they wear rather than break. They are also in my opinion stiffer and therefore scrape/clean more efficiently. I use 10% phosphoric acid applied with a small paintbrush. Runs well by capillary action as it is an aqueous solution.I've also aquired some quite usefull abrasive wheels for my minidrill from a jewlers supplier, but I can't remember their name ATM.

Weathering - some coal wagons and a van - Page 3 - RMweb

Unlikely due to the length. 18 feet planks are hard to come by and therefore expensive. Not sure if they were used when new. Most probably created by creating a scarfe joint.I use Carr's yellow as it doesn't rust one's tools and doesn't leave green deposits on brass. It may have disadvantages that I'm not aware of, but I've used it for 5 years and it gets things built.... so you can remove those unsightly solder stains seen on so many assembled kits.Far better is to learn to use less solder in the first place Garryflex is colour coded, according to grade. There is a list printed on the side of the card wrapper - which may, or may not, be readable in the photo earlier in this thread: The flux not to use on models is a flux that is greasy, they leave deposits of burnt fat and varnish over the joint, all right for plumbing, but it upsets the latter painting on a model. Dip the fibreglass refills in dilute PVA before use, holds them together and helps prevent "finger itch"

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment