276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Night Train to Marrakech: the spellbinding escapist historical Richard & Judy Book Club pick from the No.1 Sunday Times bestseller (The Daughters of War, Book 3)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sin da principio si intuisce che la donna nasconde un doloroso passato, segreti inconfessabili che sono ancora capaci di toglierle il sonno ma che tiene rigidamente a bada nel suo nido d’aquila. The total journey on the night train from Marrakech to Tangier is about 9 hours. In the reverse direction ( to Marrakech ), the train takes about 10 hours. This is a loose estimate. Trains in Morocco are fairly reliable, but this route can occasionally be faster or take a little longer. A world of stunning beauty and extreme danger . . . Dinah Jefferies is at the top of her game.”—GILL PAUL, bestselling author of The Manhattan Girls I admired Clemence as a character, particularly her dedication to caring for her mother, Madeleine, whose mental decline is not only a result of age but of the cruelty she suffered at the hands of Clemence's father, the full details of which gradually emerge. I felt happy for Clemence when it appears she may have a second chance of happiness, something she had lost hope of many years before. On the night train from Marrakech to Tangier, travelers can sleep in a bed and arrive ready to start the day. The train is more expensive, and the sleeper train more expensive still, but some of the cost is offset by not having to pay for a night in a hostel or hotel. Ultimately, the train is the most practical option for travelers with time constraints. Where to Take the Train?

I had understood that although this is No3 in a series, it also works as a stand alone book. Having read it, I'm not convinced. Maybe if I'd read Nos 1-2, I would have given it more stars. This is the third book in a series and although it could be read as a standalone , I heartily suggest that the previous two novels are read first as they serve to give the main characters a lot more depth. If travelers have no intended stops between Marrakech and Tangier, the night train is the most practical option. A bus is certainly cheaper, but it will take longer than the train. The bus will also be uncomfortable, and the night bus will be a particularly miserable experience. Taking the bus during the daytime is the worst choice, as travelers will lose an entire day of exploring to transportation.

4-person couchette (bunk beds)

Traveling between the two cities, and around Morocco, is not as simple. Much of Morocco is covered in rugged landscape, and transportation is a challenge. That is why the night train from Marrakech to Tangier is popular with tourists, and the train stations of these respective cities are bright spots in the transportation system of Morocco. Tangier train station

I did not feel the same about this book sadly. Yes, it is another vivid and sensory fuelled novel where the sights, sounds and smells of Marrakech are brought alive by the author's writing, but on this occasion I found the plot a little tedious and actually far fetched.

The epic finale in Dinah Jefferies’ spellbinding historical series explores family secrets, murder, betrayal and romance .’

Gare de Marrakech (Marrakech Station) is about 2 miles from the medina. The area around the train station is nothing like the old quarter. It is spacious, clean and modern. Who would have thought that a night train to Marrakech could lead to such an exhilarating story? Long-held family secrets are uncovered, strained family bonds become united, and new and old love stories have a chance to flourish. This is a story of courage and the strength of women who never give up, regardless of their life circumstances. I don't want to give away too many details, so I won't provide any spoilers here. A world of stunning beauty and extreme danger . . . Dinah Jefferies is at the top of her game.” —GILL PAUL, bestselling author of The Manhattan Girls Night Train to Marrakech is the 3rd and final in the Daughters of War trilogy by Dinah Jefferies and I loved it! Fast paced, filled with tension, set in a place of beauty in the 1960s, it brings the lives of the sisters, Florence, Elise and Helene, who I first met in France, 1944, together again. An outstanding read by an author I admire greatly. Highly recommended. In questa atmosfera di grande tensione seguiamo la storia di Clemence Petier, una settantenne che vive alle pendici dell’Atlante, in una Kasbah isolata in compagnia della madre Madeleine affetta da demenza senile e due fidati servitori.

Viel mehr zum Inhalt will ich gar nicht verraten; wer Ms Jefferies Bücher kennt, weiß, sie schreibt spannend, bildhaft, mitreißend, super emotional und voller Mitgefühl für ihre Protagonisten, und vor allem sind ihre historischen Romane immer sehr genau recherchiert. Und zwar sowohl im zeitgeschichtlichen Kontext als auch im landestypischen Setting. Genau das habe ich erwartet und bekommen 😊. Ein spannender Krimi in den 60er Jahren in Marokko; garniert mit einem Familiendrama und einer Lovestory – perfekt! The night train from Marrakech to Tangier is a surprisingly decent experience. Aside from the bathrooms, the overnight trip from Marrakech to Tangier meets expectations. The price of the journey is fair, expensive (by Moroccan standards) for the distance and quality but cheap for the duration.

This is a historical novel with some romance too- I thought it was great that one of the oldest characters in the book , a woman in her 70s, had the most passionate love story !! An exciting thriller set against the exoticness of Marrakech and the cooling foothills of the Atlas Mountains where Clemence resides at the Kasbah du Paradis, as the past comes to meet the present. Emotivamente molto coinvolgente poi, la storia d’amore di Clemence e Theo, una love story che per una volta vede due protagonisti maturi alla ricerca del riscatto e del compimento di un amore interrotto bruscamente. The same goes for Gare Tanger Ville. The station is in a nice area away from the medina, and the interior looks more like it belongs in Abu Dhabi than Morocco.I hope I can find enough words to express my love for this book, "Night Train to Marrakech," written by Dinah Jefferies. It is the third book in the "Daughters of War" series. I haven't read the previous two and found this to be a fantastic standalone read from the trilogy. A mouthwatering read, intense and emotional. I loved it. Its characters hooked me irresistibly and stole my heart . . . a wonderful, heart-wrenching tale of love, danger and bone-chilling secrets.” —KATE FURNIVALL, bestselling author of The Survivors

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment